2 | Odette by @Midnight_stxr

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

『 @Midnight_stxr 』

cover
The cover is beautiful! The girl is gorgeous--I'm guessing she's Odette? Absolutely stunning.

title
The title is simple but it also says a lot. We know that the main character is Odette and it made me wonder what her role would be in this story.

blurb
The blurb is somewhat short. It introduces us to the two main characters but it doesn't really tell us what the story will be about. Adding in some details could enhance it, this way it'll make the reader want to learn more about this world you've created.

characters
Odette is very sassy but also has a sense of determination. She's strong-willed, which is something I love to see in a female character. She isn't afraid of anything or anyone. I actually really enjoyed reading about her. Hopefully, in the future, we get to learn a little bit more about where she came from and her family.

Ernst is kind of a goofball, but also someone who lacks self-confidence. He brings out a different side of Odette, which is quite fun to see. I feel like their relationship, however, is hot and cold at the moment. Sometimes Odette enjoys his silliness while at other times, she can't stand him.

plot
The plot of this story is quite interesting. I'm a sucker for anything Greek and this story really makes me want to read more. I just wish there was more discussion of the powers each child has. I find that aspect so interesting and would love to know more about them. Are there tournaments between them? It would be interesting if they had supervised battles, where the winner gets recognized by the elite Gods. Just some ideas!

pacing
The pacing was fine. I didn't find anything wrong with the flow, however, I do wish the chapters were just a bit longer.

grammar/language
When writing dialogue, be sure to write on the same line as the dialogue tag. For instance, this:

Should be written like this:

"It was a freakin' frustrating day with that Ernst hanging around," she muttered.

The same goes for all dialogue. There were very few errors I found within each chapter, but I think that going back and re-reading them should help spot those out.

overall thoughts
Overall, I think you're writing a very fun novel! I'm excited to see how Odette and Ernst's relationship grows. I also would love to get to know the other children as well!

✎ . . . .

Happy writing!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro