5 | Perfectly Unexpected by @MiniMoxx

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

MiniMoxx

cover
The cover is lovely! It's simple yet tasteful.

title
The title is definitely something I have not seen before. It works really well together—I like it a lot!

blurb
You've nailed this blurb. It's short and sweet, telling us what we need to know about the story before diving in.

characters
Can I just say, you've done such an incredible job at fleshing out your characters? Each character has their flaws and that's what, I believe, makes great story-telling. They feel real—not many authors are capable of doing this so I just wanted to commend you!

At first, Tabitha seems like someone who focuses on the negative outcomes in life. I understand where she comes from, as someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder, I do the same thing. This makes her feel so relatable and distinct. She seems to be stuck in the past and I found myself yelling at her sometimes when she would waver under Gray's charms. But it can only be expected given how much she truly loved him. I also wanted to mention here that I hate when women say that they're "broken" just because they're unable to conceive. It's this notion that that's all women are for and it sucks because it's been ingrained in us as little girls. I don't blame Tabitha for saying those things about herself... it just sucks to see women go through that. It's not their fault, it never is and I'm glad you brought this to light.

Gray, in my most humble and honest opinion, is a d-bag. I mean, from just what I've read so far, he seems to be the type of person to ghost you when he's had his way with you—oh wait, that's what he did. All jokes aside, I wonder if that's the actual reason why he ignored Tabitha all this time or if there's something deeper that went on behind the scenes. I really hope it's the latter because if not, then he can walk straight into the ocean and never return <3

I'm #teamtyler. He's just such an upgrade from Gray and it's very evident. He's so sweet and loving towards Tabitha and I just hope that Tabitha isn't persuaded by Gray's charms and remains loyal to Tyler until the very end. Well, here's to hopeful wishing!

plot
The plot is something that I've seen done a few times. I recently watched a movie where this couple has the same struggles as Tabitha and Tyler and it was somewhat heartbreaking to watch. I just found myself yelling at them the entire time because the wife made it seem like it was the end world (she would say the same thing as Tabitha—that she was broken). But in my head, I was just like, "Why can't they just live for themselves if they can't conceive?" But that's easy for me to say because I never want to have children lol. I do understand where they're coming from, though. However, I think you've taken this plot and put your own spin on it. I mean, I could probably talk about this novel all day.

pacing
The pacing was fantastic. I zoomed by the chapters because your writing was flawless. Everything made sense, even when we jumped back in time to see what happened with Tabitha and Gray, and how Tabitha's and Tyler's relationship began.

grammar/language
Like I mentioned, your writing was flawless. I didn't see any mistakes and everything flowed smoothly.

overall thoughts
Overall, it felt like I was watching a telenovela! I was completely captivated the entire time and it's quite difficult for me to be so enthralled in a story like that, so great job! It just all felt super realistic and your writing was amazing. I highly recommend this novel to people who love dramas. Wonderful work!

✎ . . . .

Happy writing!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro