9 | Living in the Shadows by @heyennbee

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

『 @heyennbee 』

cover
The cover captures this sense of loneliness, which fits well with this story. My only suggestion is that you add your name somewhere on the cover, it makes it a bit more authentic.

title
The title is creative, but not unheard of. I'm sure it has something to do with the main character and what they're going through. It also complements the cover.

blurb
The blurb really reels the reader in, especially that final sentence. It makes me wonder what will happen with Red and this mysterious jerk.

characters
There was just something I was able to relate with when it came to Red in the beginning. There aren't many characters out there who do not like being physically touched, so reading about a character like him made me feel not so alone. I also thought he was pretty funny. I don't entirely understand why Red hates V so much. Is it because he's making him question his sexuality? I think he might be pushing down his feelings and releasing them into a form of hatred. This could come off as internalized homophobia, which would make sense given his cultural background.

I think V is an interesting character. He is very mysterious and is somehow drawn to Red. I wonder what his backstory is, and how his and Red's relationship will develop.

plot
The plot is fine. The idea of there being this mysterious and hot love interest is nothing new, but I like the way you handled it. We would expect the main character to quickly fall for his charms but he seems apprehensive about him.

And then there's also the whole mystery that was set up in the prologue about how Red got hurt. It makes me wonder what happened.

I did enjoy the side story of Red going into fights just so he could earn some extra cash.

pacing
The pacing was good, overall. I think the way you set up each chapter--where you build upon the chapter before it--works quite well.

grammar/language
There were very little mistakes. It was nothing too bad, just make sure to go back and re-read the first few chapters.

But I thought the language was pretty solid. I thought the fight scene was very descriptive and interesting to read!

overall thoughts
Overall, I really enjoyed the little brewing romance that Red and V are developing with one another. I think it'll make for an interesting story and to see where they go from here. Great work!

✎ . . . .

Happy writing!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro