004:

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"No." I said.

He was shaking his head at my reticence-- in his mind, I'm sure it was unnecessary. 

A tall slender woman with red hair and deep red lipstick let herself in the front door. Rafe did not turn to greet her, but kept his eyes on me, and they widened perceptibly, in fact, rolled as if he was exasperated.

"Hey, Rafe!" The voice did not match the physique. A little girl whine accompanied a little girl giggle as Virginia came closer, noticing my presence. Her eyes narrowed. "Hey! Who's your friend?"

He still didn't turn but now he mouthed words that I caught easily. His mouth was very expressive. Do me this favor, please.

I looked over his shoulder. What exactly did he expect me to do? 

She was almost to us. "This is Aubrey, my girlfriend." He said and took my hand in his. "Aubrey, meet my masseuse, Virginia Lockwood."

Virginia almost lost her balance as the import of those words set in. Are you kidding was written all over her face.

Oh. I waggled my brows at him. You want to let her down easy? So, I surmised, this fan, this masseuse, had a crush on him? Had aspirations? Expectations?

"I'm hoping you'll have time for both of us tonight, Virginia, but if not, then just Aubrey, okay?"

"Wh-- uh--." She literally stammered and was caught completely off guard and Rafe led us both down the hal way to the left under the stairs and opened the door to what I could only call a massage room. Two massage beds covered the center of the floor, and a cabinet with Bose speakers atop it, several plants. I was impressed beyond words. A smaller door led to a bathroom.

"So, do you have time for both, Virginia?" His voice was so different from the voice he'd used to introduce himself to me. His whole demeanor had changed and it was obvious he was making a statement to this woman, that he was not-- absolutely not-- interested in her. Perhaps she had come on to him one too many times-- I couldn't blame her-- he was gorgeous, and to have him in this room with soft music and a warm heater and all to myself would be heavenly, but--

"Usually I don't--" Virginia began and Rafe shushed her with a finger against her lips. She gave him that adoring glance I knew had been on my face a couple of times already.

"Make an exception?"

"Both then." She said, not wanting to give up touching those heavily muscled shoulders even for a second.

Rafe grinned at me, and bent to loosen his work out pants. In seconds he had stripped and wrapped a towel around his waist. He jerked his head at the bathroom door and I went inside to change, finding a robe there I could put on. Before I did, though, I sniffed it appreciatively, catching the faint clean fresh odor he exuded.

I peeked out cautiously, but Rafe had laid face down on one table, some quiet John Mayer was filling the room with lovely tones and the lighting had been lowered. He wasn't nude and for that I was grateful, having had both kinds of massage myself--- nude and not nude. I had left my panties on, but had lost the bra, keeping the robe fastened tightly.

I'll admit it. This was way off my scale of common activities. I'd never had an unscheduled massage, even in twelve years of college. I was familiar with massage. Sure. But not at my celebrity neighbor's whom I'd just met a couple of hours ago.

I wondered-- yes, with all the seriousness of my very befuddled brain-- if I wasn't running on empty. Making faulty or rather bizarre decisions.

"Come on out, Aubrey." He said my name slowly... as if he'd debated simply calling me Aub. His hand was motioning, his eyes were searching in my direction.

I chickened out.

"Om... Rafe... I don't think I can do this." I pulled the robe tighter around me.

"Do what, Aubrey?" He said it again that slow way, seriously. Do not call me Aub, I thought vaguely.

"I'm really, really tired, Rafe."

"All the more reason for a massage after the workout." His voice was calm, peaceful, relaxed. "Come on out."

"Rafe, I haven't slept in over forty-eight hours."

"Shit baby. Come on out then."

I took one step. He wasn't looking at me. But Virginia was. She had that anticipatory glare, hoping I would just go home-- right now. I thought about the way he'd pleaded with me, a kind of hopeful defiant look-- was this whole thing a set up so he'd not be stuck with her after the massage?

He'd told her I was his girlfriend. Of course, it was a setup. He'd really pulled a long shot--

He was counting on me. I was counting on my bed.

Fine. I walked sedately out to the table next to his. I turned my back on him and sat on the table. I would not strip like this... she would have to do the massage with the robe on. Let her think whatever she wanted. He could not pretend I was his girlfriend and sleeping with him. I was a prude in real life, and now in his fantasy life as well.

Tranquility was gone. I was so tired.

"Aubrey worked a full day at USC saving little quintuplets today." Rafe's voice came across the fog of my brain. I yawned.

I felt Virginia pulling the robe off my shoulders. I shrugged. "No thanks."

"Massage is performed without clothing, Aubrey. Have you never had a massage?"

"No, I've had plenty of massages, but...."

Virginia's countenance looked hopeful once again, hoping of course that I wasn't serious about Rafe. Even if he claimed I was his girlfriend it would have to have been a new development. She had to see right through his ploy and take the hint.

She yanked the robe off me, and I slipped unexpectedly onto my feet, so she grabbed the robe the rest of the way as I scrambled to hide myself. My choices were: run to the bathroom, or simply brazen it out and lay face down on the massage table. The table was closer.

I had my face turned away from him, but I heard the chuckles clearly, and instinct made me turn to face him. There he was, staring at me, those dark ringed passionately blue eyes crinkled in amusement. He reached out a hand and pulled my fingers out from under my chest.

"Aubrey. I know you're going to like this." He stroked my fingers reassuringly, and with my eyes focused solely on his, I could still see his arms and neck--- covered in tattoos. I'd never in my life seen so many tattoos.

He smiled. I turned my face down into the headrest, trying hard not to think about what I was doing. Why in the world had I consented to this? I was way out of my league here, and feeling less comfortable with each passing second. Until she touched my back. I think my muscles died in that instant, and my flesh sank into near oblivion.

There was a rushing as of wind in my ears until I couldn't hear Virginia's soft voice. I felt her hands briefly, softly, without much pressure, covered in lotion like they would have been at the end. This was a soft tissue rub. I was disappointed and relieved at the same time.

"You're brave, Aubrey, a very brave girl." This was Rafe's voice, but close, in my ear. I might have thought it was an odd thing to say, but I assumed he figured out my nervousness. I'd nearly forgotten he was here too. My eyes closed, and my insides jumbled into weary relief thanking me for finally getting off my feet. I nodded, wanting to thank him, but not recalling why I wanted to thank him. My whole body was literally shutting down. I think I heard the door open and close. But I was very relaxed, and very determined not to move.

The hands changed pressure, moving deeper, thumbs working the tight muscles, relaxing the tension-filled knots. I sighed in pleasure, blessing my neighbor for being so thoughtful and his masseuse for being so adept. The deep tissue work went on a little while longer and then softly again, as my brain fog filled me with blissful unawareness. Oiled hands, softly, smoothly, settling the deft application. I breathed slowly, drifting.

I dreamed. The baby was in my arms, his little body struggling to breathe, struggling to survive. He couldn't and wouldn't open his eyes, blue-veined and sightless. His little lips moved as he breathed. There was peach fuzz on his head, his ears were perfect, tiny fingers so soft and helpless. All my training reached to encompass him. Save him! Yes! Save him!

"Aubrey... hey, baby, wake up just a bit. There, let me get this around you. Lean up." I felt strong arms under me. 

My arms? The baby was still in my arms, who held me if I held the baby? 

I felt my body curled to a strong chest, warmed, languid, absolutely uncaring-- like all dreams. The only thing that registered was the image of that tiny little baby.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro