{29}

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

For the remainder of the morning, everyone did their assigned chores.

Asim kept studying the remainder of the video logs and files that were provided in the monitor, paying attention to every detail the rest of the morning. He came to a part of the basic beliefs of the natives, like their customs and beliefs. There was one point where the name 'Eywa' was mentioned, which rung bells in his mind when he remembered the dream he had last night. Asim paid attention more about the subject as he watched the doctor's explanation in the video. From what he gathered, this 'Eywa' was the deity made up of all living things, almost like their all-mother and goddess. This was the deity that maintained balance all over the forest. Though, like the scientist that Dr. Grace was, there still needed to be evidence that this deity that the na'vi revered was real. Even if the only way was to directly investigate, it was near impossible due to the fact that access to those places was restricted. Mainly because the places were considered sacred by the na'vi, and outsiders were strictly prohibited to the point that one would have a death wish to accomplish such goal. So much thinking of the subject made Asim's head hurt as he sighed and leaned back against his seat. With the information about this supposed deity of the na'vi being limited, with the exception of the findings about the forest being a sort of planetary neural connection, Asim decided to leave it for later.

The others were busy checking on the outpost's strength and status, making sure there were no leaks in the pipes that provided air and fresh water, electric connections and power supply, surfaces so that no sudden bursts occurred, the plants had all they needed to grow, and that the supply of food and other necessary things were sufficient for them to live in the outpost. One thing that really was challenging was the compost for the plants. Kentaro and Shaka were the ones in charge of it, but in some occasions they needed someone's help for handling..."their compost"...for the plants. Today being one of those days as it was done on a biweekly schedule. Not really the best and cleanest task to make as it was beyond revolting, but it was necessary for the garden. And it wasn't that bad; everyone contributed to their part, and Asim did his best to help out his friends in anything they needed assistance. Once done, some went on watch duty even if there were security cameras at their disposal. While others attended to minor tasks such as small games and exercises with whatever they had.

While the others were doing their tasks, Asim went to his friend, Shaka, to ask him some questions. Mainly deciding to start with learning some na'vi words and phrases so that he and the others could come prepared when they decided to return to the Anurai clan for a visit. Shaka was delighted and taught him what he has learned, starting from the beginning and letting Asim try it out. It was somewhat hard, as it was still a new language to him and everyone, but Asim did his best to learn so that he can further learn how to communicate and understand what the na'vi would eventually teach them. There came to a point where Shaka said something that he remembered the clan leader say to the team before they departed back to their home. "That phrase...it's common. It literally translates to "I see you". But it also means various things. Like "I see who you are inside" and "I see your true self" in spiritual terms. Kind of like addressing your inner heart and identity as respectful as possible." Shaka explained. "Interesting. And...do the na'vi do this to all others in greeting?" Asim asked. "Only to the ones that they know or are familiar with. They don't do that with anyone else that they don't know." Shaka said to him. "Oh. Okay...then...that means that the Anurai clan officially recognizes us?" Asim asked. "Could be. I am inclined to say yes as I've seen how well they have treated us. Almost as if we are already allies." Shaka said. "Then it's settled. We will use the gesture to greet the na'vi clan each time we visit." Asim said. "Of course. Now the only thing we have to do...is practice. And, now that the clan is offering to teach us, we will soon be naturals." Shaka said with a proud smile. Asim also agreed and smiled, glad that Shaka supported him.

Though some moments later, his smile started to fade as the memory of the nightmare came back to him. And, like always, when something was wrong, Shaka would immediately be the first one to notice it. "Are you feeling alright?" Shaka asked Asim. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just...had a weird nightmare last night. And couldn't get sleep" he said to his friend. "A dream? What was it about?" Shaka asked. Asim explained what he saw in the nightmare, up until he got to a certain part. "Eywa? The na'vi deity of nature?" Shaka said. "Yeah. That's the one that I recently learned about on the video logs. Even with the explanations...I'm still unsure about wether there is some force invading my mind or just a random dream I had." Asim said, clutching his forehead with one hand. Shaka hummed a bit in thought as he looked down, before looking back at Asim. "I...don't have the answer to that. But my best guess is that maybe it was real. And that the answers that you are seeking will come to you instead of you coming to them. Forces, deities, spirits, those were all taught to me that they were real, yet I haven't seen it with my eyes. Even so, I am certain that only those that believe in it shall see it, and will help you see it." Shaka explained to him. Asim sighed and nodded, looking back up at his friend. "Still vague in your explications as usual, huh? And with what I have learned, I'd have to die in order to get those answers." Asim said with a chuckle, making Shaka laugh and rub his head along with a nudge.

After the small but thorough conversation with his friend, Asim went to gather his other friends around for a meeting when they were done it's their lesser tasks. "Alright. This is going to sound really weird...and bluntly obvious as we have already decided this before. We....all of us...will visit the Anurai clan on a regular basis. Daily, or weekly perhaps so that we don't spend too much resources. The fact still stands, that all of us will visit the place and learn from them, so that they can learn who we truly are and have become. Now, are there any objections?" Asim said as he stood in the middle of the group. They looked at each other, thinking of what doubts they must have, when Kentaro raised a hand. "You sure that you didn't drink too much of Mikhail's precious vodka?" Kentaro asked, making Mikhail and Emeralda chuckle. "No. I did not. I stood up until midnight to prepare myself." Asim said to him. Kentaro nodded as he understood the determination and wisdom that the head of the team had in mind. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's become Shaka versions of ourselves." Emeralda said as she and everyone stood up. They prepared for the eventuality of going out once again to the forest, with only the necessary things as Shaka prepared to teach everyone what he knew, just like he did with Asim. Even Lily was included as she too would accompany them, now knowing that she will be with them and not be in danger of anything.

Asim hoped that soon or later he would find the answers of what was bothering him. Or, like Shaka said...the answers finding him. Wether good or bad.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro