°14: Cliche°

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Narrator

"What about your husband?"

"He is still back in England. I left the country soon after we divorced."

He felt weird being next to her after many years of not talking to each other. Her personality didn't appear to change a whole lot, she still made a strong presence wherever she went. Seola was simply more mature and calmer, which only seemed natural as it was part of growing up and being an adult. However for her, growing up and becoming responsible happened quicker than any of her peers. She had no choice.

"And your baby?"

"Andy is with me. I wouldn't ever leave him with his damned father."

Jimin sensed the mood darkening a little so he tried to come up with a different conversational topic.

"How about you and Andy come over tonight to my place for dinner," he said, clapping his hands together.

Seola raised a brow at him, a smile tugging the corners of her lips.

"It will be like a 'welcome back' dinner."

"You finally learnt to cook, huh?" she teased.

Meanwhile, a few steps behind was Hoseok and Nari. He was trying his best to eavesdrop on Jimin and Seola's conversation whilst pushing Jun's buggy. Nari had taken the responsibility of doing the shopping since no one seemed to bother doing what they had all come there to do in the first place.

Jimin had organised this outing to bring his friend and his uptight neighbour closer. However due to the sudden appearance of Kang Seola, he had pretty much abandoned the cupid business.

"I can't believe he is still sucking up to her despite all that has happened."

"And I can't believe neither of you are doing any of the shopping. Why am I even helping?"

"All these years later and he still clearly likes her," Hoseok shook his head with pity for his dear friend.

"How very interesting," she replied, sarcasm very evident in her voice.

He let out a low chuckle, "Definitely. You have no idea."

"Oh really? Hmm, let me think," she put a hand on her chin, "She is probably his ex who broke his heart. And now he is a playboy and a hypocrite by using his broken heart as an excuse to hurt other girls because he can't be bothered to get over himself and move on like a grown adult. So cliché."

"They never got together in the first place. But to be honest, I think I agree with you on the second half," he replied.

He never liked how Jimin handled his relationships. But at the same time, he didn't know how to help him. He always thought about how if he had been friends with Jimin around the time Seola was present in his life, he would have been able to support him.

"All those dramas and movies my friend forces me to watch with her has taught me a valuable lesson."

"And that is?"

"Most men are dicks."

Hoseok couldn't help but burst into laughter, "I can't argue with you there."

Nari suddenly felt embarrassed with how much she was speaking. That was probably the most she had ever said to Hoseok and the whole time she had completely forgotten about how she felt towards him. One thing for sure. Nari felt more at ease with his company. She began to imagine how things would have been if only she had mustered the courage to become friends with him earlier.

Nari and Hoseok caught up to them and soon they were in one big conversation. Of course, Nari was in her own world. She much rather preferred her own company than being in groups with other people.

"I forgot to ask. Who's this cute little guy?" asked Seola, she bent towards the buggy to smile at Jun.

Jimin opened his mouth, ready to tell her the same lie he had told his mother. He had gone through this once and made sure not to be flustered by the question again.

"This is our baby!"

"What?" Nari was thrown by surprise by the sudden outburst that came from Hoseok. His arm was around her shoulders, looking so natural. Jimin was behind Seola, his head fell on his hand.

Jimin repeated the lie once more to his friend, as they headed out of the supermarket a few minutes later. "You two are just going out. Nari is Jun's babysitter!"

"Ohh," Hoseok said with realisation, "Sorry mate, my mistake."

"Well don't repeat it. This whole situation is messy enough."

"So guys," Seola turned around to face them all, "I will see you tonight then."

They bid each other goodbye before they parted ways, much to Nari's delight. She just about had enough of social activities for the day. Now all she wanted to do was stay inside her house and finish off a few things for work.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro