09. the final decision

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

C H A P T E R  N I N E | Wish For A School

I HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED MYSELF  LUCKY. What exactly is luck? Your way out of struggles in an easy way or your excellent ability to get out of a situation? Or maybe, it's just a myth to inspire you into completing your tasks. I just know that's a department in which I'm not that good in. Nor will I ever be.

The roads were damp with rain water droplets covering most of its surface by darkening it. I was in a thin coat under which I had donned on a black tank top that was tight on me. It offered no protection against the cold winters or the prying eyes of people that lacked an aura.

The sky was bland; it was a cloudless night with less to no stars. It was a night of terror, I thought. I had just got my paycheck from the smuggler and he gave me another good deal, the price being my body. 'It's not like I wasn't used before. I was just a dirty whore in his eyes.'

At that moment, running away from the child services and the orphanage seemed a great idea but now it sounded stupid and messed up. I had left my little Holly there. She didn't want to come. I told myself myself it was okay.

"Come back, you ungrateful little rascal!" I heard a loud demand from distant. I froze. From the distant, I spotted a young figure briskly walking up the road. Her mass of black curls were twisted into cornrows, each one held by a collection of colourful beads. Her dark eyes were set with an intense emotion as she stared right ahead. A man who looked to be in his early forties, came running out of the house. "Don't run away from me like your useless mommy! You're not my daughter anymore!" He was screaming profusely at her but she seemed fixated, lacking any sort of reluctance that would crack her. With a daunting look in her eyes, she popped open her bag and grabbed a snapback out of her bag and placed it over head of cornrows. Looking up, our gazes finally met.

"Who will even accept your pathetic self?" He was still shouting, his voice droning out in the distant as I found myself deviating towards her.

"I'm Cora. Cora Wilkins." She had a velvety edge to her deep voice. Fixing a look behind her, I turned back to her. "I'm..."

"Lets see if you'll run now!" My eyes widened once I saw the pistol in his hands. He aimed the gun at his daughter who gritted her teeth in anger and held my wrists in her steel grip. "He wouldn't  hesitate. Trust me," she concluded, looking me in the eye. "We have to run."

I nodded and both of us ran like crazies, forgetting miseries and problems that troubled us. Life won't be able to get to you if you run faster than life, right?

Pain.

Excruciating pain. I had dealt with a lot of pain but this pain was too much. This pain was wild and messy. This pain didn't existed dimensionally. It was all in my heart but it greatly affected my mind too. This pain triggered the fear inside me.

I screamed and screamed some more. No-o.

The door was slammed to the side as I saw my girls there, their concerned faces suffocating me with all of their combined pity. Holly was already at my feet on the bed, her hands holding my hands in a tight hold. I gritted my teeth, clamping down on my lips in a brutal way. As soon as it sank down onto my lips, I felt salt and a small sign of physical pain. So relieved.

Natalie immediately settled next to my head, her fingers moving through my hair. She was whispering something, her soothing words doing the opposite. "Its just a nightmare," she whispered softly. "Its over now." It's never over.

Deli and Debby were standing close by. There was a glass of water in Deli's hands. "Here," Natalie said as she took the glass from her and offered it to me. I took it from her and closed my eyes, an ache flaring up in my head. A tear escaped my eye and I immediately drowned the pain by water that rushed down my throat.

"I-I'm so sorry," I whispered shakily. As I looked around, my brows began to dip downwards. "Where is Cora?"

Natalie pursed her lips. "She's at school. She was really excited to meet her boy Sebastion. I let her go. We're with you, though."

Sebastion.

I nodded, struggling to let go off my weakness in front of all my strong girls. "You can all go. I don't need your services now," I suddenly snapped, my expressions twisting into hardness. Building a wall around me, I repeated it again and this time they let go.

I looked to my right and found my red wine. Picking the glass already laid put on my night table, I filled it with the wine and than comfortably rested my back against the bed's post. My bare legs were both tanned up, a set of beauty marks leading from my ankle and knees, towards my thighs. I only had shorts on with a black cropped vest. My raven mane was knotted into a half bun, hair escaping it due to the sleep.

Holly gave me a pitious look before leaving me along with the twins. Natalie sighed. "I should probably leave for school," she forced out and left me too.

Filling my glass with wine, I felt my heart beat getting faster as tears began to cascade down senselessly. Drowning the anguished tears by my wine, I wasted myself away. Saving? How could I save my girls when I'm no more after being ruined to an extent?

"You're here again. Why am I not surprised?" I snarkily bit at him, shaking the wine glass.  He had the audacity to gave me a crooked smile. "What can I say? You always welcome me so warmly, James."

"I want to join the...school."

He raised an eyebrow, speechless. "You want to join the school?" He asked after a minute had gone. "I thought your only aim is to run the Underworld and help your girls."

The silk black sheets were pushed up when he settled himself on the foot of my king sized bed. "Won't you offer me any wine, James?"

I ignored his words. "Help me get into the school," I muttered. He calmly stroked his beard and racked his head for words that would calm my emotions down.

"It will be a very long process but I can get you into the the school. I'll set you up with fake documents and records and I'll arrange all your classes with your girls. I'll try really hard on this."

"Good. Help yourself to my wine."

Now he smirked graciously, pleased with the entire ordeal. "It will be new to see you being productive and doing your homeworks instead of wasting yourself away by doing drugs, drinking and murdering innocent boys."

I said nothing to sway him from his personal opinion, instead shook my glass a little.

"I'm genuinely happy for you," he suddenly said, breaking the silence that was going to settle over us.

I ignored him again.

Happiness could never be mine.

A.n: Yes, I'm updating two chapters in a row but I'm really contented with how the story is proceeding right now.

She's finally going to the school. Let's see where it leads the plot to! Thankyou for reading this book ❤ I was losing hope for my books but it was all on you.

Any idea who could this male character be who genuinely cares for Savannah but his name remained anonymous to y'all?
Comment your feedbacks and if you liked it, you can also vote. You know.

I love you guys!

-farah🌸

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro