18. the bet night

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | They Make Predictions

"THE GIRLS DID THAT to your face, Sebastion?" Mom had herself sat on our kitchen countertop, swinging her legs at regular intervals. There was a comical expression on her face, a large bucket of popcorns in her hands.

I pretended to he annoyed at her. "Not the girls, mom. Just some guys from school, I think." Alayna was cradled in Dad's arms as he looked straight at his laptop's screen, fingers settled idle on the keyboard. He was listening. Caught you, Pops.

"And you're going back to them?" She didn't understand where I was coming from. I turned to look at her, folding my arms against my chest.

"I swore my loyalty to them. I am one of them now. I need to visit them and be there...for the girls who don't have anyone except for themselves."

"My baby," she cooed. "That's why you took a day off from school. To visit your girlfriends? How adorably funny!" Putting her bucket on the countertop next to her, she smacked her hands together and got off it. I flattened my lips, too flattered by the idea of having 'girlfriends'.

"I'll come back in a few hours time. If I don't return, just know they've murdered me and the body of your only son is rotting inside one of their chambers."

She shrugged. "Ok, have fun!" Without a moment's delay, she pulled me down to press her lips to my forehead. "My angel," a whisper escaped her mouth. "That I am," I drawled with a small smile before extending my arm upwards. "See you, Pops!"

The weather outside was hot.

Shoving my ear pods into my ears, I walked towards the little penthouse belonging to Natalie Burns. The penthouse where the entire sisterhood of the Underworld resided.

Lifting my left hand and then placing it on the hard surface of the door, I gulped. It opened before I could knock and revealed her. Everything faded into the background as I stilled infront of her. The constant drill of the cars behind me zoned away into an oblivion as I found myself getting lost in her. The dark hair glistened with water droplets, thin strands webbing around her face and curving down her shoulder blade. My eyes widened a fraction when I took in her piercing eyes frozen at me. It was surely a moment shared by both of us.

The small trail of freckles dotted around her thin nose. The perpetuality of this silence over ruled all my thoughts until I had nothing to think of anymore. Leading my eyes briefly to her blossom coloured full lips, I gulped. Why was she the most mysterious and fascinating out of all? 

"Savannah?" I whispered.

Her nose perked up at the end. It was cute.

"Sebastion," her lips formed words. The alabaster skin of hers was still as pale as the surface of the moon though it was getting more sallower. Drawing my brows downwards, I wanted to say something else but I couldn't. What if she didn't like what I say and kills me on the spot? There could be a gun in her jacket for all I know.

"SEBASTION!" Somebody pushed past her. It was Natalie holding a glass of red liquid, hair pulled up in a high ponytail. "Come on, we're playing a game!" Her nails dug into my biceps and I winced because the bruises were still fresh from the beatings. Her hold loosened once she took in my grimace, the smile on her face immediately dropping. Oh no.

To stop her from being comfortable around me, I offered her a full blown smile. "I love games. Is it Cards Against Humanity? I personally like board games but if you have a PS4, I'm down."

The smile appeared on her face again. "Totally," she answered in whiny and low pitched voice, the passive aggressiveness leaking from her tune. "Its called Bet. You'll enjoy it, hottie." With that being said, she leaned forward and picked off my glasses from my nose. Her prominent brows lifted and eyes became cheeky.

"Aw come on, I'm blind now." Being a closet pushover, the situation was not on my side because I was too much of a wuss to ask for my glasses back. Her hand fisted my jacket's collars and I was pulled forwards. Staggering, I met her back harshly but only to make her topple to the floors. An exclaim left me as my arms flew to catch her. They gripped onto the back of her tank top. When she was secure, I gently placed my hands on her shoulders. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

She turned around in my hold and rewarded me by placing my glasses on my nose, pushing the curves of the glass through my hair. "There. Now the angel can see."

The air of the living room changed fragrances as a crowd of girls entered the room ranging from a blonde haired girl wearing her hair in two long pigtails to an ebony skinned girl with her signature cornrows followed behind her. Following the two girls, the Asian twins entered, dressed in clothes that contradicted to each other's style. One wore a nude coloured slip dress with a flower crown on her head while the other was in baggy clothes.

The crowd of Sisterhood sat on the white plush carpet. The coffee table was pushed to a corner as each girl took their shoes off to settle on the soft rug. I fixed my glasses awkwardly.

"You're a new member, idiot. Come on!" She forgot she was causing me pain in my bicep as I was dragged to their seating area on the floor. Debby broke into a genuine smile as I settled next to her. Natalie scooted more towards Holly to give me a comfortable space. I pursed my lips. Fatass much?

Debby pulled off her flower crown and placed it on my black curls. "Look at you, queen Sebastion."

"Thanks," I muttered, feeling flustered for the nth time.

"You can call this the ritual of Sisterhood or the Right Order established by the Underworld," Natalie began in a low, deep voice. Everyone nodded gravely. "Now that you are our new sister-"

"Brother," I corrected her with a smile.

"Sister," everyone repeated, glaring at me. Putting my hands up, I signalled the white flag from my side. "Okay, apologies. This is your new sister."

I was ignored.

"The rules are simple. We make it as we go. Each of us makes six predictions that will have to come true by the end of this year."

"What if they don't come true?" I asked with my hand raised in the air in case she wanted respect because I do not wanted to be on their bad side. She closed her eyes briefly, obviously annoyed. "They have to."

"Sweetie, we are the Underworld. We make rules and we establish the Right Order for highschool. This is us making fun predictions for entertainment basis, okay?" Debby's little smirk caused tremendous wave motions to go off in my stomach.

"Now that the rules are out of the way, it's my turn." She sipped the red liquid, eyes becoming stern and calculating. Something in my heart dropped when she stretched her long fingers and then slowly dipped her head until her eyes were glowering at all of us. "I, Natalie Burns, bet that an enemy of ours will get with one of our girls."

"Natalie?" Everyone gave their set of collective gasps. I, however, remained the same. Silent and quiet.

"Why would you predict this?" Cora was sneering, her eyes hard and vicious. "You know it can never be allowed, its forbidden and it's against whatever Savannah has built this Underworld for. Change your prediction."

Natalie clenched her jaw. "Okay, here's another one. I, Natalie Burns, bet  that one of us will find our true love."

"Much better," Dellie commented lightly. Natalie only rolled her eyes. "Onto you, Cora."

"I Cora Garcia, bet that Mr. Clinton will be caught with Leslie Mathers doing scandalous stuff," she slowly said as if to judge the waters around her. Everyone agreed. What?

"Guys, that's not true-"

"We know it's not true, Angel. But we'll make it true."

Oh.

"My turn now," Deborah said. "I, Debby Zhao, bet that a new kid or someone new at the school will be deeply affected by the student body so much that they will leave our school."

They were praising each other. But why?

"I, Delly Zhao, bet that Alec will be avenged for what he did to Sebastion."

No one disagreed. It was Holly's turn now. She gulped, pushing her blonde strands behind her ears. "I, Holly Clemonte, bet that one guy will be ruthlessly beaten by Sebastion and the said guy won't do anything. It will be as if he deserved it." She looked up, her dead eyes meeting mine. John's death really did took a toll on her well being. Does no one see that?

So, I looked at her and hardened my jaw because this girl in front of me needed some sort of comfort that she wasn't getting from her sisters.

"I, Sebastion Meyers, bet that Holly Clemonte will be happy again. She will find her happiness once again in the form of some one. Again."

Her eyes widened.

"Damn, Angel." I felt somebody patting my back as if they were proud of me. Natalie was about to get up to refill her glass when her phone dinged. I didn't wanted to see the name on her phone screen but at once, the screen lit up.

UNKNOWN:
in the club, meet me asap
we need to talk Nats

"Oh," my lips puckered in a knowing look. Natalie snatched the phone from me. "Its just a fling, Sebastion. Don't tempt me to ruin your already fucked up face."

The way she got defensive so fast made my nerves go rampant because she was obviously hiding something. A frown covered my face. Fixing my glasses yet again, I decided to get up from the floors when I saw Holly approaching me. Preparing my words, I cleared my throat to speak when a loud excruciating scream rang throughout the entire penthouse. It was painful and agonising and so, so loud. A scream that promised to ruin one's vocal chords.

"Oh no," Debby suddenly drawled, holding onto Holly.

It was followed by another scream and then things were smashed on the floors with the sounds of breaking glass coming from upstairs.

"SAVANNAH," Cora was yelling, her legs already storming up the stairs.

Savannah.

She was hurting.

I didn't realize it until later when I found my legs climbing the stairs right after the twins and Holly. When Holly was beginning to slow down, I intervened our hands together and helped her across the stairs in a quicker pace. Tears were rolling down her face. What was happening?

A.N: I lost my journal where I had written the entire layout of this story during the renovation of our house. That's why I got delayed and omigod I'm still crying for him, it doesnt feel real. 😔😔 Rest in peace, Cameron Boyce. This news even made my mom shed tears because she saw him grow up on TV with us. It hurts my heart a lot. 💔

I wanted to update it yesterday but I couldn't because I was out the whole day but  felt guilty as I didn't wanted you guys to be let down by me.

Also, here is another filler chapter that is slightly progressing towards the direction of the plot. Feel free to guess who the Unknown is? Hope you liked this chapter. Comment and vote!

How were the predictions ? Omfg. How was Sebastian's prediction?

So, Sebastion is finally going to see a vulnerable Savannah?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro