9: She, The One Who Loves Him Still

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Zoya looked up from the floor when she heard the door open. Adi glanced down at her worriedly "Zoya, what are you doing on the floor"

She shrugged "I hurt myself, my ankle is" before she could finish her sentence, he was picking her up, she was put on the sofa, but she grabbed his arm "Why are you back Adi"

"Because I needed to make sure I really meant what im about to say to you, I didnt want it to be a lie, I didnt want to hurt you anymore"

"Its been four weeks, that's one whole month, are you seriously coming back here now to speak to me, whatever it is, im not interested" she looked away, her gaze steely

"I love you Zoya, I have always loved you and I always will, im sorry it took me so long to realise this"

She laughed sadly "Im sorry to" she held out her left hand "Im engaged Adi, to Rajveer, I waited for you to call, to text, I even called multiple times, I called Arjun but even he didnt know where you were"

Adi fell against the wall "You're engaged, to someone else, well what about me, what about us" his eyes filled with tears, making his brown eyes lighten

"What about us Adi, huh, what about us, you left, you dont have the right to be sad about this now"

"Yes, yes I do, because I love you, do you love him" he closed his eyes, hoping she would reassure him that she could only ever love him

"What does love matter Adi, I married you when you didnt love me, and we survived years of marriage, so, ouch" she hissed as she bent her ankle the wrong way

Adi knelt down, lifting her foot, "Hold still", then he clicked it into place, making her scream and grab his arm, her nails digging into his skin, "Just look into my eyes, tell me you dont love me and ill leave"

Zoya glared at him, "I don't" she paused "You cant ask me to do that"

Adi stood up, chuckling "If you still love me, then I can still fight for you, right" he opened her hand, placing something in it

She looked down to see her earring she lost in the car crash, then looked up at him confused

"I kept it with me in hopes I would find the woman I love, I didnt realise she was infront of me the whole time" he pushed her chin up, then pressed his lips to hers "Im going to fight for you now, okay"

"How, how did you know"

"I found your old clothes, you should have just told me Zoya" he shook his head "I would have believed you"

"I was scared youd end up in hospital again, I didnt want to push you to recall anything" she held onto his hand, kissing his palm "Why do you have to leave every thing so late"

"Late is better than never" he pulled his hand back "Ill be back for you Zoya, I promise" then he walked away

XXX

"So, what im saying Rajveer is, very simply, Zoya is mine and you can't have her" he patted Rajveer's chest and stood back

"I dont think thats your choice to make Adi" Rajveer tidied his front with his hands

"I just want what's in her best interests, and she can never love you, but just know that if you're going to go up against me, you will lose" Adi smiled smugly

Rajveer crossed his arms "Oh we will see about that"

"Im saying it as your friend" Adi's eyes darkened "Stay away from what is mine, I dont like people trying to steal from me"

"She isnt yours anymore"

Adi laughed "Oh, we will see about that"

XXX

Zoya sat at the window, her eyes widening when she saw Adi sat on the field outside, he had a scarf tied around his head and a fake dove on his shoulder

"Dil deewana bin sajna ke maane na,
Dil deewana bin sajna ke maane na,
Ye pagla hai samjhaane se samjhe na
Ye pagla hai samjhaane se samjhe na" Adi sang loudly then jumped up, tapping his chest

"Dhak dhak bole it ut dole din raina
Ye pagla hai samjhaane se samjhe na" he pouted putting his hands together, making her smile slightly that he still remembered her faviourate song from her faviourate film

"Dard judaai kya hota hai tum jaano main jaanoon
Ho ho ho ho ho
Dard judaai kya hota hai tum jaano main jaanoon
Pyaar bulaaye duniya roke kiska kehna maanoon
Tumse mile bin dil ko kuchh bhi soojhe na
Ye pagla hai samjhaane se samjhe na" his eyes were teary as he glanced up at her

Zoya wanted nothing more than to go and see him, but she wasnt sure she should forgive him so easily, she opened the window slightly "You're so silly"

Adi closed his eyes "Its been to long since I have heard you call me that beautiful"

She smiled sadly "Its been a while since ive heard you call me that"

Adi opened his arms, "So are you going to come here and give me a hug or do I have to come up there"

Zoya laughed "Im coming" she jumped down and ran down the stairs, opening the front door she paused a second "This doesnt mean i forgive you by the way"

He nodded "I know"

She ran forward, jumping into his arms, "I hate it when you do nice things like this, it doesnt make me feel any better, if this was a real dove I think I would have married you"

"I have dove soap at my bathroom, does that help"

She giggled shaking her head "No Adi, it does not, youll have to do a lot more than sing me a song to make this better"

Adi pulled the scarf from around his head "I know, thats why I have a surprise"

She jumped back immediatley, her eyes teary "Thats how I lost you the first time Adi, I wont lose you that way again"

Adi looked down at the scarf, then at his car "I caused the accident" he asked, then his eyes rolled back, his body slack as he dropped to the floor

"Adi" Zoya screamed

As I have 5 stories ongoing, im updating them all at once so please do let me know if any of my work is lacking in anyway. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro