Chiều cao dòng

At the moment I am swaying with the breeze of these unseen trains

The truth scared me so I sewed our lips shut and threw the keys away

I looked for a home where we didn't belong

And found a place in our souls which had been broken so long

No, I don't want to die but it sounds so divine

Underneath the ground but finding something that wasn't there when I was alive

Promised myself a June wedding with the man I loved

You had already left before I could have said, "I loved every moment that was ours"

And though death is my only companion on this day

I remember the night we danced our problems away

Maybe if I tried again, we could have had it all

But if not, I hope you hold me up before I fall

- Me

Her name was Caroline Forbes-Salvatore.

Maybe you can afford to wait.

Once upon a time, she was known as one of the kindest, sweetest people on earth,

Once upon a time, she had everything that life had to offer but, really that was a long time ago.

That was before her husband, Stefan Salvatore had died on their wedding day.

That was before her best friend Bonnie, had died getting a way out of the merge for Lizzie and Josie.

It was before her daughters had started to resent their own mother because of her absence and never ending pile of lies.

It was before her other best friend, Elena had cut herself off completely.

It was all before she had lost hope.

And maybe, she did deserve it.

Maybe for you there's a tomorrow.

Maybe, the Caroline that she was now, the one who resented the world for taking everything from her, had made them see someone who deserved all the pain.

And maybe it was because of these series of events that shaped the blonde vampire's life, that now she was lying all alone, thousands of miles away from her family on a couch.

Dying.

Only a day earlier Caroline had been bitten by a werewolf, something that was lethal for a vampire.

The only cure for a werewolf bite was the blood of the only tribrid in the world, who was thousands of miles away getting ready to get married to her daughter.

The same wedding that Caroline was not at.

She remembered, all those years ago, when she had gotten a werewolf bite for the very first time, she had told Klaus- "how everyone who was capable of love was capable of being saved."

She wasn't.

Not anymore.

Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows,

The hallucinations had started long ago, sometimes it was her mom, sometimes Stefan, sometimes Bonnie and sometimes maybe even the girl she wished could be again.

They would call out to her, tell Caroline to join them and end this cycle of misery she had created.

She knew that if she had called at the school the moment she got bit, she would have been cured by now.

The twins would have siphoned it or she would have been cured with Hope's blood.

But the tragedy of life wasn't death but what you killed inside when you were still living.

Caroline had managed to kill the last part of her that had ever felt any love and happiness.

or three thousand, or ten,

Her phone rang then, pulling her out of her depressing thoughts.

The screen flashed- Lizzie.

"Hey," she answered and cringed at the way her voice sounded. Her daughter didn't notice how weak Caroline's voice was through her anger.

"You do know that Josie is getting married right?" Lizzie said, not bothering about formalities.

Tears pricked her eyes, "Tell her I am sorry I can't be there."

This time, the way her mom's voice sounded was not dismissive for the siphon.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

So much time you can bathe in it, roll around it,

Caroline smiled at the thought of the wedding. She couldn't attend because the last wedding she had been to was her own.

She couldn't deal with the fear of something bad happening all over again.

She felt like she was cursed.

"Sweetheart, you-you know I love you right?" Caroline whispered, feeling the werewolf venom near her heart, "I am so sorry for the way I... Icouldn't be who you needed-ed Lizzie."

"Mom you are scaring-"

Let it slide like coins through you fingers.

Caroline couldn't hear her anymore.

Her eyes drifted close as she heard Stefan, instead.

"It's okay, Caroline, just let go now."

So much time you can waste it.

Her name was Caroline Forbes Salvatore.

And as she took her last breath, she was no longer thinking about how terrible of a mother she had been in the past couple years, how terrible of a friend she was.

No, her last thoughts before she died were of Stefan, how she was finally, after all these years, was going to be reunited with him and she let our a little whisper for no one to hear saying;

"I hope you understand."

But for some of us there's only today.

And then everything she had ever been was gone.

And the truth is, you never really know.

Author's Note:

First, this chapter is unedited so correct me on my grammar, it's fine.

Second, the poem in the beginning of the chapter belongs to me and you can ask to use it but do not claim it as your own. Also, let me know if you like it!

Third, the lines in bold that Aligned to the left belong to Lauren Oliver, not me

Please don't forget to comment and let me know what you think of the story so far!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro