7 - Coming out of the Bi-ke Shop

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"That..WAS THE BEST BEACH DAY EVER!" Ozzi yelled as we made our way back to our one bedroom apartment complex. I activated the beach shower and took the shower head to get my feet and ankles. I handed the shower head to my brothers before exiting the door on the left. I still couldn't get over how nice the set up was. It was a common room with a kitchen and tv for all guests staying. I need some ice cream, I thought.

After the frozen delight, I went to the door all the way in the back to the left, our place, and changed.

Next was the afternoon smoothie, a habit my mother got used to doing. By then, my brothers caught up to me, sat at the round table in the small kitchen area, and began bickering over video games.

"Alright! Enough!" I said, coming over with the full cups.

Silence.

Later that evening my family and I were in the tv room watching a movie called: And Breathe Normally. It was honestly really great. It's about this Icelandic single mother struggling with poverty and a Guinea-Bissauan asylum seeker facing deportation. They find their lives intertwined in unexpected ways. I would 10/10 recommend it to anyone who likes bitter sweet adventures. It was comical yet reassuring though. There were so many hints of gayness and my parents turned a blind eye. ...Does that mean they won't mind me having a partner or a trans boyfriend?

I tried to watch the movie but Nat kept texting me even after I said I needed to go. And it really rubbed me the wrong way. Ugh. Possessive bish..

"So...What did you want to tell us?" Liam asked later that week at home.

I played with my noodle dish, palms sweating. "I'm not as straight as pretzel like I thought," I finally said, making loopy arms. This made Ozzi giggle and Liam cracked a smile. "Okay...What pronouns do you use, Human?" Liam asked, playing along with the goofy energy.

Here goes nothing...

"I use she/her pronouns and I like girls..." I trailed off. Ozzi and Liam shared a 'oh' look. BOYS and girls, idiot! Tell them boys and girls! I scolded myself. "Boys and girls, I mean" I added, bracing myself for my sibling reactions. Liam clapped me on the back, making me cough in surprise from the impact. "Ayyy! That's so cool! I'm genderfluid!"

I did a double take. "Wait, really?"

"Yea! And I feel manly today! Liam said, puffing out his-their chest proudly. I laughed at my sibling's antics, feeling better and accepted already. My mind wandered to the first time I heard the phrase..

Liam had woken us up one morning charging to the shared bedroom with loud a55 foot steps, shouting. "I feel manly today!"

Ozzi looked up at him from his ipad and made a face. "You? Manly? Funniest thing I ever heard."

iFlash!

"Your not gonna dab me up?" I asked, a little surprised when Liam went straight for a hug. "Too much work.." Liam mumbled, obviously lying.

Ah, so that's why...Makes much more sense, I thought, referring to the memory. Ozzi put down his fork. "You manly? Funniest thing I ever heard" Ozzi said, repeating the scene.

Liam playfully swatted Ozzi up the back of the head, causing him to yelp and rub the spot. "OW!- What was that for? Now no pretty boy will like me," Ozzi whined pouting.

Liam rolled his eyes, "I can be whatever I want, d8ck head!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro