• 1 •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you vilalove09 for the cover. I just had to use it.

Mrs Adele-Akinniyi ran down the stairs, her heels making clicking sounds with the glass, polished tiles. Her eyes flew to the European wall clock in the sitting room and her eyes went back up the stairs.

Her son would never wake up early for school. It was useless trying to wake him up. She sighed as she slowly climbed back up the stairs.

She stopped at a door and knocked "Sweetie" she slowly called out.

"Come in" a voice said groggily as Mrs Adele-Akinniyi stepped inside.

The room was painted dark blue with white circles scattered all over the wall. A poster of Messi Ronaldo stood above the bed while a huge reading table was placed near the window.

Mrs Adele-Akinniyi approached the sleeping figure cuddled up in bed and smiled widely.

"Its Monday, shouldn't you go to school early?" She asked.

The figure removed the blanket revealing an exquisite, handsome face. The actions excluded by the figure were lazy yet attractive to the eyes.

His hair was disheveled yet, it only added to his charm and he slowly opened his eyes showing off the light brown eyes the eyelids were hiding.

"Morning mom" he drawled in a voice enough to make a woman go weak in the knees.

"Morning sweetie. Its Monday" Mrs Adele-Akinniyi said with a smile as she moved closer to her son and tried to arrange his hair.

"Monday means I have to see that old hag's face for one hour twenty minutes. I'll rather enjoy my beauty sleep" he replied.

Mrs Adele-Akinniyi laughed heartily as she pinched his cheek "Get to school before break else I'll roast you" She said but it came out more like a plea than a threat.

"Besides, only girls have beauty sleep" she added as he raised his eyebrows.

"Roger that. How's the case going?" He asked.

Mrs Adele-Akinniyi sighed and shook her head "The prosecution has too much evidence" she replied as the figure chuckled.

"Hmmmm. Even when someone is guilty, there are certain evidences but the evidences against your client is too alarming and too fishy" Luke replied as his mom frowned.

"Fishy in what way?" Mrs Adele-Akinniyi asked.

"Didn't you say even the judge didn't want to listen to your defense?" Luke asked while his mom nodded.

"Yeah" she replied.

"That's it. Too much evidence means all evidence was arranged and carefully planned" Luke added with a yawn.

"How will the CEO of a company sue an ordinary sectary to court for embezzling money? Just ask him to pay fine and sack him, that should be all, why want go through the pain of a court process?" Luke asked as his mom fell into thoughts.

"They probably want to send him to prison. Apparently, he had seen something he shouldn't have or he knows something" Luke said as his mom nodded. 

"So give your client a call and have a talk with him. Maybe when you find out what he knows; everything will become clearer to you" Luke said as his mom smiled broadly and rubbed his head.

"Thank you" she said as the latter slapped her hands off.

"You are late Attorney Adele-Akinniyi, please get moving" he said jokingly and the woman laughed before dropping a peck on his cheeks and striding outside.

The figure delved under the covers of the blanket and fell asleep almost immediately.

Mrs Adele-Akinniyi walked into the kitchen and turned to the maids.

"When its 8:30, warm up Luke's food and take it upstairs" she said before hurrying out of the house.

At exactly 8am, Luke drew the covers over his head and stepped out of bed. He yawned and looked around his room sleepily.

"Gee, I'm still sleepy" he whined as he stepped into the bathroom and washed up. He quickly wore his uniform which consisted of ash trousers, white shirt and ash jacket.

Luke walked towards his reading table before packing the scattered books into his bag. He bent down and tied his shoe laces neatly before slinging his bag over his shoulders.

He opened the door to find a maid carrying his tray of breakfast.

He picked one of the toasted bread and took the cup of Lipton tea and downed it. He walked down the staircase outside the door where the driver was waiting.

He opened the back door of the black Murano and slid inside as he munched on his toasted bread. The driver drove out of the compound while Luke leaned on the door.

After he finished his bread, he took wipers from the car and wiped his hands. A bottle of water was beside the door and he quickly grabbed it and drank a little.

Placing his bag beside him, he slept off again. The driver looked at the figure sleeping in the car through the mirror.

He looked peaceful and eye catching even though he was just sleeping. His lashes fluttered slightly as he adjusted his position.

The gateman frowned at the car approaching the gate, who dared come to school this late?  He approached the driver and was about to say something when he noticed the figure in the back seat.

His eyes widened as he rushed back and raised the rod which prevented the car from driving further. The driver muffled his laughter as he drove into the school.

He parked and turned slowly to Luke. He pursed his lips before speaking.

"We are at school already" he said slowly.

The figure eyelashes fluttered slightly as he opened his eyes and took a look at his surroundings. He picked his school bag lazily and opened the door and stepped outside.

The school compound was very quiet and only few teachers voices could be heard across the school. Luke strode through the hallway not minding the teachers who had stopped teaching as he walked by.

He frowned as he got to the front of his class. He stepped inside and the class went silent.

"Your period is not over yet?" He asked the fairly aged woman standing in front of the class.

The veins on the head of the woman bulged slightly as she stared at Luke while everyone tried to stiffle their laughter.

Luke flung his bag towards a light skinned and attractive guy seating near the window.

"Kunle, look for me when she leaves" He said as he slipped his hands into his pockets and turned to leave. He suddenly turned to Kunle.

"Pass me my headphones" Luke said as the latter opened the locker behind him and brought out a pair of white headphones.

He threw it and Luke caught it with one hand. He walked away while putting on the headphones. Slowly increasing the volume, he placed it over his head while strolling towards another side of the school.

He soon got to an indoor football field and he walked towards the baskets of balls and poured it on the floor.

One by one, he kicked a ball, dribbled it past invisible opponents and scored a goal. He continued while music boomed in his ears.

The door of the indoor football field soon opened and the light skinned guy that Luke threw his bag to stepped inside.

"What's up?" He asked as he sat down.

Luke kicked another ball into the net before slowly walking towards him.

The latter handed a bottle of water to him as he slipped his hands into his pockets. Luke opened the bottle and angled his head backwards to drink the water.

A trail of water went down his neck creating an alluring sight. Kunle swallowed his saliva and tried not to look at his best friend.

Even after so many years of seeing that face, he still got entranced whenever he stared at him.

"Are you gay?" Luke asked in a teasing voice.

"Its your grandfather that is gay" Kunle retorted his ears red.

Luke burst into laughter and nodded "Guyyyy" Luke teased as Kunle hissed.

"We have Chemistry" Kunle said rising to his feet.

Luke nodded as he slipped his hands into his pockets and walked out of the indoor field with Kunle trailing after him.

WHO ELSE LIKES THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LUKE AND HIS MOM?

ITS CUTE BUT SHE'S A WEIRD ONE...

MENTION ONE CLASSMATE OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WHO'S CAPABLE OF TREATING A TEACHER THE WAY LUKE TREATED THAT WOMAN.

WHEN I WAS WRITING THE PART OF  THE GATEMAN, I LAUGHED EHN.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro