18. The new Home.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hearing about the separate palace, Varsha was left awestruck and sick at the same time. It wasn't that the idea of being dedicated a separate palace didn't entice her. At the least, it was a fantasy world for her, which she never would have imagined to turn into reality. If not till then, then at that moment she realised who she had married. But the reason, for being allotted a separate palace didn't sit well with her. Because the Prince would have many more wives in the future? It was not like, she didn't trust the promise the Prince had made to her. But, the long journey between the camp and the palace, after the fight with her husband, her mind had thought too many things. And the possibility of the prince's eka patni vrata promise, she realised would somewhere make him helpless and thus unhappy. And it would come back to bite her only in the future. But that was distant, at present Her worries were about her in laws, getting upset over this new development in their son's life. Varsha, didn't realise it, but the moment she sat in the palki, was the moment she changed. Her thinking, her priorities, her maturity level and even her destiny had taken a new dimension, one which she herself wasn't dynamic enough to adopt as of now.

"Hmm..... Father, I want to speak something to you, and mother you also, why don't you both come to my palace?" the hesitant voice of the prince could be heard in the chilly night. "Not Now son. Tomorrow early morning before court. Good night, and ya, for now your wife can stay with you." the king said. Varsha, was suddenly curious, with great valour she raised her eyes to look at the parents of her husband and found them staring at her emotionless, her eyes met her golden threaded jhutis (shoes) again. And as they walked away, she couldn't comprehend what they felt, she turned too look at her husband and even found him staring at her, she immediately averted her gaze back to where it was. But what she missed, was his gorgeous smile, and the fact that if his parents were upset, it didn't bother him. "Come." he said leading the way, to what would be Varsha's new home.

She couldn't notice much of the beautiful palace, as her mind was still stuck on the future consequences of a promise she had demanded. She always believed that taking promises lead to bad endings, like in Ramayan a  promise made, forced God himself to go to the forest and live like a mendicant. And she had done the same. She wondered, if everyone will consider her as a bad woman, whose desires touch the sky.... Suddenly, she heard her husband's voice, "Now this is your home, won't you remove the veil even here?" she didn't know how to respond to that. She knew royals didn't use much of a veil. But it was like a shield for her more than a custom, it was her comfort zone and she found solace in the fact that no one could look into her eyes or make out what she feels, while she can do it for others.

"Fine, I will recruit some veerangnas, so you don't have to remain veiled in my palace, Umm.... No, our home." she couldn't help the smile that crept in her face. Our home. The words felt so nice to hear, but for her a palace being a home, felt rather strange. Like the words both don't belong together, it would take a lot of time, before the words would feel true, but presently they were good to hear. Then, they walked a long corridor, with some turns, she didn't pay much attention to it, though it was very unlikely of her. Her mind had too much to process and it's speed seemed to have failed. As they reached their room and the Prince ordered everyone out and restricted anyone's entry till intimidated for the same, he turned towards his wife. His mood seemed quite different than hers. Unlike her, nothing seemed to bother him, not even the fight they had the very same day, the lack of food in both their bodies, nothing. His mind seemed fixated on her, and there was a mischievous glint shining through his eyes. But none of it seemed to actually be recognized by the princess, she was too much into herself, to notice him, but he did watch her, even through the veil.

But even his mood would slump, as the reality would set in. He took her Demeanor's  reason to be tiredness, alas, he wasn't even remotely right. As the day had been the most relaxing for her physically, since the death of her parents, although mentally it was not so. As he lifted her veil and let it fall, his heart danced at the sight of her face. It felt as if he was the peacock, she the rain. It wasn't his first time in Romance, but he realised that she was just much more than romance for him. Her face was the prettiest he had seen, yet she wasn't limited to her face. The trouble in her face, troubled him. He wrapped his arms around her bringing her closer. Sensing Her uneasiness, he whispered in her ear, "Love, what is it that is troubling my beautiful wife?" his voiced was concern filled and had an urge to sound soothing.

"My Lord, I was thinking about what the king said." she said firmly. That night, in the arms of her husband, in the confines of her own new home, she didn't feel safe or comfortable, but she spoke Her mind, which was rare for her. For her fears had grown too, from the fear of putting the next meal in her plate to the fear of being the wife of a powerful Prince. Even her longing had shifted from, waiting for her marriage, to being accepted in a place, which provided Her with the level of comforts that made her wonder if she were in heaven, but at the same time terrified Her heart of being left alone, criticized, judged, poisoned, insulted but most of all being expected too much of, of things she wasn't meant for.

Please Vote, Comment, Share, Follow and REVIEW.

AND IF YOU WANT TO READ, THE PRINCE'S POV, PLEASE COMMENT ON WHICH CHAPTER SHOULD I MAKE IT, SPECIFICALLY:):)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro