1. New beginnings

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Akko stepped off the train and looked around. She felt all jittery, being so far from home, and heading to her idol's high school-well, academy she guessed? She couldn't tell the difference, so she just went with whatever she called it- it was a short walk, about 15-20 minutes, if she didn't get lost. She did not want to miss the opening ceremonies.

She did get lost. She asked around, and they directed her to the Leyline Terminal. She cheered and thanked them, going on her way.

Akko found herself on a bridge. "Am I heading the right way?" She asked herself. "I hope so, because if I end up late, waking up that early was for nothing." She laughed at herself. Really? Like she'd pass up the opportunity to be her idol? Hah, she was delirious for even saying that!

Someone bumped into her as Akko was lost in her thoughts. "Ah-!" Akko yelled as she fell over. "Hey! Watch it!" She yelled at the purple-haired person.

"Sorry." The stranger's voice called out. Akko had a feeling she didn't mean it, because she kept on walking.

Akko noticed the girl's clothing. "Is that Luna Nova's uniform? Can you help me get there?" The girl kept on walking. "Hey! I'm talking- ah!" Akko tried to get up, but she slipped on the now seemingly wet stones. "How?"

The purple haired girl chuckled. "It seems my concoction worked." She turned around and saw Akko trying to steady herself. She smiled, threw another vial, and the ground instantly dried. Akko stood, and she looked up to thank her, and their eyes met.

"I'm Atsuko Kagari, Akko for short, and thanks for that. Also, can you help me get to Luna Nova?"

"Sucy Manbavaran." Sucy saw a little plush bird by Akko, and smiled. "Do you like birds?"

"Uh, yeah?" Akko smiled, though it held uncertainty.

"Well then, here you go." Sucy threw another vial-where does she even get them from???-and it landed on the plush, bringing it somewhat to life. Forever.

It moved and jumped on Akko. She screamed, of course. The birb didn't attack her though, which Sucy thought was strange. She laughed and kept on walking.

"How are you even doing this??!" Akko yelled. The alive plush rested on their owners head, seemingly asleep.

"That is not for you to know, if you're asking that question, but," Sucy said something else, but she was too far away now for Akko to hear.

Akko hurried to pack everything that fell, luckily, it was only a small snack, the birb that's on her head, and her Shiny Chariot card. After-with the birb still on her head-she started running to the school, because she didn't want to be late. She found the Leyline Terminal, and after a run in with, in her opinion selfish snobs, but she couldn't judge on her first day right?

"Huh? How does this even work?" Akko looked at the transportation unit. It isn't a car, it wasn't a train either, so, what is it? Akko guessed a mix of both. She'll figure that one out later.

She was about to get on, when she heard a yell behind her. "Huh?" She turned around to find a yellow haired girl on the ground.

"Oh no! I'll be late!" She cried, as she scrambled to pick everything up. "Mom knew I don't need all this," She whimpered. Akko walked over and picked up her bag.

"Here you go!" Akko smiled at her, and gave her the bag. The girl pushed her red glasses back, and thanked Akko.

"We should get going! We can't be late. Can you ride with me?" The girl asked.

"Sure! My name is Atsuko Kagari, you can call me Akko for short." Akko pointed at herself. "I don't know what to name them of course." Akko continued as she pulled the birb off her head, and held it in her arms.

"I'm Lotte Yanson." Lotte smiled shyly, and they both walked on the platform and sat down. They talked a lot, and became instant friends. Akko noticed a movement.

"Sucy?" Akko questioned. The startled Sucy closed her bag, but didn't look up. "I thought you were long gone,"

Sucy looked up from her bag, and answered. "I was getting something. Would you like to try it?" The purple haired girl asked, a glint of something Akko couldn't place in her eyes. She hugged the birby a little closer to herself.

"Uh, what is it?" Akko asked, her mind racing to what's she might agree to. "It's not bad, right?" She added quickly, just in case?

"Heheheh~ Why don't you try it to know?" Sucy had then walked over to them, and sat on the left side of Akko, where as Lotte sits on her right.

Sucy then shoved the small glass vial in Akko's face. Akko reluctantly took it, and after a while's hesitation, she drank it.

She then gagged violently. "What-what... Did you-put? What is-is-is that?" Akko threw herself to the floor, in a horrible attempt to stop the pain. The birb cried in silent surprise.

"Hmm. Needs more feathers." Sucy mumbled her thoughts out loud. A freaked out Lotte started rambling, as she joined Akko on the floor, trying to comfort her.

"It'll only last a little longer, that was just a prototype." Sucy said, packing two vials into her bag.

A few seconds passed, and Akko started breathing normally again. Shaken, she sat up, her hands wound around her neck. Trembling, she looked at Sucy.

"Why?" She croaked out. Whatever she drank, it has taken a bit of her voice.

"Are you alright? Are you gonna be fine? Sucy, is Akko gonna be fine???" Lotte asked, well, questioned, Sucy.

"She'll be fine, it was harmless," Akko glared at her, "sort of."

"Okay!" Lotte exclaimed, happy with the answer. She then pulled the birb onto her lap, and slid back into her seat.

They all talked on the way to Luna Nova, becoming even closer. Best friends, they considered themselves rather quickly.

They arrived at Luna Nova, as they were assigned their dorm colors, Akko looked at they place. "Big castle looking, grey. This is awesome!" She whispered to herself. "But, why a castle?" She tossed that idea. Another thing she'll figure out later.

"Red! Yes, we're all together! Wohoo!" Akko cheered when they stepped into their dorm.

"Top!" Lotte yelled softly as she climbed onto the top of the bunk bed, and Sucy called the one that wasn't the bunk. Akko had the bottom, but she didn't really mind.

The birb slept soundly in Akko's arms, and when she placed them next to her pillow.

They all got unpacked, went to go eat and when they were leaving the cafeteria, the headmistress said they would get their classes settled tomorrow. Walking the long distance back to their dorm, they get ready for bed and crashed out like flames doused in water.

Well, only Akko did. Sucy was up making more of her potions, and Lotte was reading the new Nightfall book that came out.

They both went to sleep after they were done though.

--8D
Ello ello ello! Miss me? No, okay, I wasn't gone that long.
Chapter 1! Eeeeee! Sorry if it felt a bit forced, had to get something out, ya know?

Anyway, have a great day/night!

10:27 pm for me, and I'm going to sleep. Hopefully.

See you Magical Gamers later! ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro