5. Missing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

|Part 1|

Same day.

"I've got no idea what this is..." He talked while Aiden checked it out. He saw a symbol on it which seemed like something which he already saw before. Aiden touched it and something pulled him in.

"Aiden, run!"

"No! I'm not leaving you! Never!"

"Try to understand! You can't save me! Run away with him!"

He removed the index finger and jerked out of the vision with a start, letting the card collapse.

"You okay? You spaced out for a second.." Kash questioned. Aiden just bounced his head in response.

"Did you tell anyone else?"

"No, I was planning to show this to everyone tonight."

"I see, great. We'll show this to others after dinner in a few minutes."

"Yup, sure. Well, I don't know what this stuff is but this doesn't mean that I'm dumb!" Kash yelled stupidly and walked away.

"You can trust me, alright? I don't bite!" He added, turning to Aiden. They both laughed at the statement and Aiden headed straight to Neel's room.

•••

Neel was looking out of the window, overthinking until he heard a knock. Strolling to the door, he turned the knob and smiled.

"A pleasure to have you here. Come inside and have a seat." He insisted and he smiled back.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, Neel."

"Sure, say it."

"I can... Trust you, right?" Aiden doubted as he sighed at the question.

"I think yes." He smiled.

"Okay.." Aiden whispered and started to dig into his bag. After a while, he ultimately looked up.

"When we first arrived at the island, I found this chip on the ground. I don't know why I picked it up, though." He passed Neel the blue, rectangular chip as he grimaced at it.

"You found this on the ground? Strange."

"And then while we were searching, Kash found this red card near the pool and he said that he saw something there which was pulling him down."

"Notice how all these things have this weird symbol on them?" Neel pointed to a black and very small sun sign on them. It's rays were triangle and had a weird edge to it.

"Yes! And I think I've seen them somewhere before but can't recall..."

"Aiden, I think you should tell this to everyone."

"I will, Neel. Tonight when everyone will be done with dinner, I'll ask them to stay."

"Sounds great to me. Anything else?"

"Yes, there is something weird about my room... You noticed that, right?" Neel nodded his head to the question and gestured him to go on.

"Well, that weird power increased even more and it's bad. It feels suffocating to even be there!"

"I see," Neel spoke, trying to make sense of all the things which Aiden just said.

"Well, keep these things with you, alright? They may come in handy." He said solemnly.

"I will but I'm just confused. What thing would that be?" Aiden asked, fading in his thoughts.

"True. It may be harmful if you're saying that it was pulling him down.." He wondered.

"Yeah. I hope he's not wounded or something.." Aiden got up.

"Thank you, Neel." He chuckled.

"Of course! Friends?"

"Sure!"

"I'll advise Kash to tak- Ah!" Neel ran to Aiden as he almost fell on the hard, wooden floor, holding him tight.

"Are you fine?" Neel looked for any injury or wound, shifting closer.

"Neel, Ray is-"

Blake suddenly entered without knocking and they let go of eachother. He was still looking at the two with his eyes wide. Then he turned around and marched away.

"Blake!" Aiden called but he already went away. He looked at Neel for some sort of sympathy but no, Neel was laughing silently with both palms covering his mouth.

"The expression on your face, Aiden!" He laughed until Aiden joined him. Neel didn't even have the time to duck as the pillow hit him on the face.

"Now, it's so on!" Neel challenged and ran onto the bed, grabbing one pillow in each hand.

Now, the room was filled with pillow feathers, cotton, and some war sounds. They both landed straight on the bed after eventually giving up, as the 'Great battle of Pillows' came to an end.

"You're not grumpy at all!" Aiden yelled.

"You thought I'm grumpy?" Neel chuckled, "It's not that bad to let loose." He smiled, his eyes twinkling.

They finally got up to head downstairs after patting the feathers of their torso.

"By the way, this was the second time someone caught us." Aiden laughed. Hands in his pockets, walking stiffly.

•••

"Where is everyone?" Aiden asked and looked here and there in search of the group.

"They must be in the resort's restaurant." Neel presumed. They both sauntered along with the pool.

Sighing in relief, they found all of them sitting at their respective places, eating. A group of Kash, Raylan, and Tatum was sitting at one table and the others were relaxing on the other furniture.

"Ray and Blake made some food. Eat up!" Jiho hooted and patted the seat near him.

"Let's sit there?" Aiden offered.

"Hey, Neel.. Don't you think someone's missing?" Aiden uncertainly examined.

"Who?"

"Mark." He responded.

|End Of Chapter|

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro