#16 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dedicated to rupal_24:)Thank you, dear...

Riya.

"How the heck am I going to get him inside without getting caught?" I said.

Neev was still sitting on the bar stool, he was passed out on the table, a bottle of whiskey still in his hand.

Amy, Sid, Rick & Jason sighed.

"He is still not completely out," Jason said, apparently trying to console me.

I gave him a look.

"Er...let me show you" He slowly reached out to take the bottle away, as soon as the bottle was taken away, Neev woke up with a jerk.

"My bottle," He shouted and looked angrily at the gang. "You..dare-" he stopped when his eyes landed on me.

"See who's here..." he slurred, taking a step forward.

"Can you walk?" I asked slowly.

"Ri..ya! I thought you were avoiding me?" Neev said.

"Er..no"

"Good" He was in front of me in seconds and before I could do anything, hugged me tightly, making me squeal in surprise. "coz I wanna do this every time you looked sad"

"Neev!" I tried to push him away, but he held my face in his hands, his eyes coming to rest on my lips and I shivered.

"Soft...pink and kissable" he muttered. He started to lean down, my heart was about to explode, I couldn't even fight.

"Neev! what do you think you are doing?" Amy shouted.

"You only told me it's soft pink and kissable," Nivin said, looking at her.

"Don't be stupid, it was that stupid Jerin's words! besides, I never mentioned 'kissable'!"

"Well...I always wanted to know" Nivin turned back to me and leaned down to me.

"Nee...Nivin!" I shouted, but he was too close. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt him losing his balance, I opened my eyes to see Nivin dropping down to my shoulder, passed out.

"Oho! so there was something like this going on!" Rick said.

I was too busy trying to get away, but he still had a strong grip.

"Shut up Rick! help her or he is going to crush her!" Amy shouted, trying to help me.

"Leave me!" Neev suddenly opened his eyes and shook Rick and Sid off him and slowly got up to look at me. I was still frozen.

Amy nudged me and I came back to my senses. "Yeah...right" My voice faltered slightly. "Neev, we have to go home now," I said.

"No!" the answer was strong and instant. "I am not going back there! it's not my home, it's..it's hell" Neev said, now sitting back."I don't want to..I hate there" he said.

He took a sip of his drink again. "No way in hell I will approve the project! I don't want to do anything with the company" he keeps on mumbling.

"What is he saying?" I asked, now confused.

Sid shook his head. "I got him from our practice place, He was racing his bike like crazy, I stopped him or he would've broken his neck!"

"Apparently something happened in the company, I think they used his project to get the deal without his consent," Rick said.

"What? he's doing a project?" I asked surprised.

"Three years back, he dedicated his life to that company only to be thrown out! and to think of them taking his project to give it to someone else!" Jason said.

"I don't get that old man, he's supposed to be Neev's grandpa, but he treats him like his enemy," Amy said.

We all looked at Neev who's back on his stool, his head on the table.

"He acts strong, but I am worried about him, his dad killed himself and his mom ran away, look at how his grandpa's treating him!" Sid said angrily.

"He blames Nivin for his dad's death," Jason said slowly.

"What does it mean?" I asked suddenly.

"Let's talk about it later, let's just get him home now"

"Yea, we will help you carry him to the car, Riya," Amy said. "but you have to help him get inside, we really can't come there"

So all of us dragged him to the car and they managed to get him inside.

I turned around, the gang looked concerned about him.

"Don't worry, I will slip him inside somehow" I said.

I don't know why I am consoling them when I am feeling this nervous.

"We know we could count on you Riya, please take care of him," Sid said.

I nodded, then turned to Amy.

"Thank you so much for your help last time Amy, I didn't know you were a member of QTV," I said and hugged her.

I know she helped me to find about Priya's whereabouts, we are meeting first time after that.

Amy looked startled and the guys laughed at her.

"Um..it's no problem Riya...I am glad your sister is okay now" she mumbled and I left her slowly.

Amy had a faint reddish colour in her cheek and I smiled, she seemed embarrassed at my sudden display of affection.

"I will see you guys then" I walked to the driver seat.

"What's it?" Rohan asked me. We were outside the Aldrick's mansion. I called him out for a favour.

"You wanted one of the cars first, saying there's something urgent, are you in trouble, why are you not coming inside?" he looked at me suspiciously.

"Thank you for the car, but I have another favour to ask you," I said slowly.

"What is it?" he looked at me.

I opened the back door of the car.

"Neev!? what's he...is he drunk?" Rohan looked at me.

"Yea, you have to help me get him inside unnoticed," I said and Rohan looked at me curiously.

"What?"

"You sure seems to help him a lot" he stated.

"He was in trouble, of course, I will help even if it was Danny or you"

Rohan chuckled. "I didn't see you around when grandpa ordered them to whip me"

"That's...because I knew Auntie Alice will do a better job," I said

And I know Nivin is alone too. he wants someone with him more than anyone else.

Rohan sighed. "That's true" he turned towards me. "Come on, let's get him inside," he said and took the key from me.

"How can we get him inside? Philip will be there"

"Trust me" Rohan turned on the engine. "And Riya, I was not blaming you, it's a relief someone's always on Neev's side too, he needs it"

"I am speechless! rejecting the company, refusing grandpa and getting drunk in the day! what a stubborn fool" Rohan kept muttering.

We were climbing the unused stairs from the poolside to the house. Rohan was carrying a wasted Nivin on his shoulder.

"I never knew there were these stairs!" I said. We had to drive through the garden and Rohan stopped the car near poolside to get him inside.

"Well...now you know! we used to sneak out through here when we were children, and of course, grandpa knew it"

"We are nearly there...only a couple of steps"

"He's dead weight," Rohan said, out of breath now. I insisted on helping Rohan carry Neev, but Rohan wanted to carry him on his shoulder.

"What'sg'on?"

Both Rohan and I stilled as we hear Nivin's voice, he opened his eyes and was looking around.

"What the! leave me!" he struggled down and pushed Rohan away, losing his balance in the process.

"Neev!"

Both Rohan and I shouted. Nivin was falling backwards, straight to me.

I automatically leaned forward and wrapped my hands around him, preventing the fall, Nivin froze and I felt it.

Rohan pulled him back.

"Are you alright?" Rohan asked me.

"Yea, I am okay" I looked up at Nivin, who was looking at me with curiosity.

"Come on, I have other things to-"

"I can walk" Nivin cut across Rohan and tried to walk, but he was too drunk.

"God! how many glasses did you have to be drunk like this!? it takes a lot to get you drunk"

"Riya, come here" Nivin supported the wall and called me.

"What-" I started.

"I can help you" Rohan offered.

"Mind your own business Rohan, I don't want your help," Nivin said, then turned to me. "You are responsible for dragging me back here"

"You want to punish me?" I asked now, getting angry, I was only trying to save him!

"Yes, Spitfire," he told me and wrapped his hands around me. he was too much for me to handle.

"Get..off me" I tried to say, trying to get him off.

"Wait a minute," he said, now shifting his weight away, but still wrapping his hands around me, my head was pressed to his chest, his hands were around my waist.

My blood pressure started to rise, my heartbeat accelerated.

"I always wondered how it will feel like" he murmured against my hair.

"Rohan!" I called out for help to a stupefied Rohan, who looked like he is seeing us for the first time.

"Oh..yea!" he snapped out of it and tried to pry Neev's hands away.

"I told you to mind your own business Rohan," Neev said angrily. "She is not your girl!" Nivin wrapped me up tightly.

My eyes widened. I am embarrassed now, I don't know what Rohan will think about Neev's statements!

"Leave me!" I pushed him away with all my strength, Big mistake, the old antique flower pot crashed to the floor.

Crash...

"Shit" Nivin and Rohan cursed, I was still frozen, I know how much Auntie Alice value these things.

"Who's there?" came the unmistakable sound of Philip.

"God! he is going to catch us!" I said in a panic.

"Hide! I will take care of this" Rohan said.

"Where-"

I was cut across when Rohan pushed me and Neev behind the nearest pillar. I clutched Neev's shirt tightly.

"It's okay," Neev said and I was suddenly aware of our position, I was practically hugging him. I met his eyes and tried to leave him.

"I will protect you, don't worry," Neev said consoling me, his hands wrapped around me and his breath was fanning on my cheek.

My heart went overdrive, panic and excitement filled me at the same time.

"Oh that...I accidentally bumped into it and broke it" I heard Rohan's voice and closed my eyes, Nivin was still holding me close, I was no longer aware of our proximity as Philip was interrogating Rohan.

"It's okay, relax" I heard Neev whispering in my ears, his right hand caressed my hair, but what made me calm was his strong and steady heartbeats, my head was pressed to his chest so I could hear it well, soothing me, surrounding me with a protective warmth.

After about 15 minutes of questions, Philip looked satisfied and Rohan came to find us.

"Come on, let's go," he said looking at us in surprise. I struggled away from Neev's chest, who pulled me right back to him.

"Neev!-"

"Help me," He said slowly, not taking his eyes off me, there was something fierce in his eyes, I gulped, nodding my head.

"Then...I will take him to his room" I looked over at Rohan, who was still watching us, but nodded anyway.

"Okay"

I helped him to bed and took his hand from my shoulder.

"Thank you," Neev said slowly as he laid down on the bed.

"Take rest, let's talk later," I said, covering him with the soft white blanket.

I switched off the table light and turned to go, only to be stopped by Neev.

I looked down at my hand that was still in Neev's hands.

"Wait..stay with me" he whispered.

"Neev-" I started to protest even as my heart was aching from his helpless state.

"Please..just a few minutes, I can't trust anyone else," he said again.

I know I can't leave him, so I sat near him on the bedside, holding his hands.

"Thank you" he closed his eyes. "I hate them...my family...my parents," He said and I had to listen carefully to hear it.

"He left me alone..my..dad...I can't do this..not even for him, I don't love him.." Neev said again.

"Shh..just sleep now," I said, trying to console him. It's the first time he's mentioning his father and I was surprised.

He's hurt too much, he's betrayed and broken by his loved ones!

"I don't care about the company...I hate him"

"It's okay Neev, just sleep"

And just like that, Neev started to sleep, still restless in his sleep, murmuring and turning around.

He was still holding my hands and I didn't have the heart to let go of it.

I watched him as he slept, he had slight dark circles around his eyes and he looked truly exhausted.

"Is he asleep?"

I jerked at Rohan's voice, I tried to pull my hands away, but neev tightened his grip on it.

"He really needs someone by his side now, stay with him," Rohan said, now standing next to me and watching him.

"You mean, it was okay for you to snatch his project away?" I said, unable to keep the bitterness away from my voice.

Rohan snapped his eyes at me in surprise.

"How did you know!? there's no way Nivin would talk about it!"

"He was murmuring throughout his sleep, not to mention the drive here"

Rohan sighed. "Sachin and I was really trying hard for his project, we didn't want it to be wasted"

"Is it why you guys decided to use it without him even aware of it-"

"We had no idea about it, Riya, grandpa tried to do it"

Of course!

"Maybe it's not my place to say this, but I don't understand it, I never thought family are like this, I thought they are supposed to love you and stand by you, no matter what"

"Unfortunately we are talking about Aldricks here, nobody here can live like what they like, that's impossible"

"But why is it always Nivin who is suffering?"

"It's harder on Nivin because he's always on the wrong side of grandpa. You just don't know anything Riya, you don't know what we all have to sacrifice, it's harder on everyone"

"If it's too hard, why should everyone sacrifice it? why not fight like Neev?"

"Because it's the stupidest idea, Riya, of course, it hurts like hell to give up something you cherish the most, but sometimes we have to make everything easier," Rohan said, now almost talking to himself.

I had the feeling that he is talking about that love of his, Naina.

"If you are ready to give up something, it's not at all the most precious thing to you," I said.

"You are all wrong, Riya!" Rohan said fiercely. "Sometimes we have to take the hardest choice so that our loved ones could be happy!"

"Giving up is not love," I said back, not flinching at Rohan's furious look. It was the first time I am seeing Rohan this scary.

Rohan looked like he's going to attack me, his eyes moving between my eyes two-three times.

"She's alive and safe, that's enough for me, even though I can't be with her, Naina's at least healthy and okay," Rohan said firmly.

I opened my mouth slightly as he stormed out of the room, slamming the door in force.

Rohan is still hurting, He loves Naina with all his heart!

Neev.

"Where's Rohan?" Grandpa asked from the head table.

It was dinner time and thankfully I have sobered up enough.

"He..er..he had his dinner already since he was feeling tired" I heard Riya's voice and looked at her.

Everyone seemed surprised but I don't even get surprised at her now. it's her nature to stick for everyone, unlike anyone I know.

And I can still vaguely recall the conversation they had in my room with some headache.

It definitely happened.

I confirmed, now watching the guilty look on her face.

Whoa! the girl has some guts! I am sure Rohan is shaken up pretty badly.

I admire her!

No one dares talk to him about Naina directly!

"He better not forget the business party tomorrow," Grandpa said, not pleased.

"No, he was working for it, he's just a little tired today," Auntie Alice said quickly.

Typical of her to stand up for him.

"Grandpa, I would like to go back home," Nirosha said Beside me.

Everyone looked at her.

I remember it, Rohan had said he's not going to marry her.

"I understand, I will change the announcement of your engagement to another date," Grandpa said, surprising everyone. It's usually impossible to change his mind.

"Thank you, papa said he wants to meet me, I will move out today," Nirosha said slowly.

"Everything will be settled soon, don't worry about it," Grandpa said and for a split second our eyes met.

I am sure he's scheming some evil plan again.

"Your suits will be coming today, I want everyone to attend" Grandpa ordered.

"Yes grandpa," Danny said quickly.

"You heard me, Nivin" Grandpa looked at me.

"No thank you, I already told you-" I stopped midsentantance.

"Do not test my patience, Nivin" Grandpa's voice boomed over me, everyone flinched, but what made me still was the hand that was trying to calm me down.

Pressing over my left hand under the table was Riya and without even thinking about it, I intertwined our fingers that brought a small gasp of surprise from her.

It felt natural to me and I refused to let go when she tried to pull it away and I found it surprisingly working wonders at calming me!

Apparently not her, as she started to hyperventilate and started coughing, drawing everyone's attention to her, breaking the tension and amusing me.

"Here" I pushed my glass to her side, trying hard not to laugh at her as she separated our hands and took the glass.

I was still staring at her when I got a painful kick under the table.

"Uh" I snapped back to see everyone watching us-me to be exact, in shock. Danny was still scowling at me.

I know what he means, he doesn't want grandpa to get the wrong picture.

"Um..sorr,y," I said quickly, which was even worse as everyone was looking at me strangely now.

Great!

I didn't watch around anymore and looked back to my plate.

Riya.

"Don't wait for me, I am skipping class today," I said to Neev as I ran to the gate, it was my first day as a program organiser and I decided to be there even though the party was starting this evening.

"Hey" Neev slowed down the car to my pace. "What do you mean, skipping?"

"I have something to do today"

"You are not trying to avoid me, are you?" He asked me and I gave him a look.

"We will talk later," I said.

"Okay, I will drop you then, get in," He said.

"It's okay, I am going the opposite direction"

"Riya"

"Neev! go on, I can do it fine" I said stubbornly.

I checked my watch for the umpteenth time, it was only a couple of hours before the party starts.

"Madam, everything's set, please go and have something or you will be tired when the party starts," One of the staffs told me.

"Okay, make sure that the flowers on the front table are changed with the ones I ordered," I told her, she nodded.

"Annie, make sure of the seat arrangements, I will come there to check after I grab something to eat," I said to the small walkie-talkie in my hand.

"Yes," I heard the reply before I put it away.

I sighed and walked to the lobby.

"Madam"

I turned to see another staff member of my team.

"Please take rest, I ordered your food in the cabin"

"Thank you" I was really relieved. I walked to the cabin and opened the mineral water bottle.

I removed my new shining shoe, it was starting to kill me. it was too much pain to work all day on that high heels.

My walkie talkie beeped.

"Riya...there's an emergency" I recognised Annie's voice.

"What's it?"

"Alex can't make it, he is met with an accident! I just got a call from him"

"What!? call him back and see if everything's alright and call the human resource manager and find us a replacement"

"That's the problem, everyone is busy, there's a vvip engagement party going on in the second auditorium, we can't find a replacement"

I slipped my shoe back and started to walk out" I will be there, continue with your work" I said.

I know I can't just replace anyone, it's the most prestigious hotel in town and the staffs here is highly trained even in pouring the water the correct way!

I sighed, I have to meet the manager now!

Looks like a long day!

Joseph Aldrick.

"Come in jp," I said and he came inside.

"I wanted to inform the progress," he said. "Your plan succeeded, she took the bait," he said.

"My plans never go wrong," I said smugly and he nodded, agreeing.

"What about Nivin? where is he now?" I asked.

"I think he doesn't plan on attending the party, he's currently at their usual clubhouse, with his biking friends"

"Is his suit ready?" I asked back.

"Yes.." JP hesitated a little. "but I don't think we can bring him without a scene, sir, you know how adamant he is"

"Get everything ready, he will come on his own," I said confidently.

"And sir" JP looked reluctant.

"What is it?"

"It's Rohan, I heard he is asking around about that girl"

I stopped writing and looked up at JP. "That's a problem"

He nodded.

"Keep following him, if he's determined, let me know"

Riya.

"What!? What did you just say!?" 'The Aldricks'!?" I asked.

"Yea! I was surprised too, I see you know them too! I never thought it was their party!" Jijo said. "So this is our chance! I should really thank you Riya!" He said turning to me. "You gave us this opportunity, you hired us!"

"No wonder the MD was going crazy!he was directly supervising this time!" Annie said.

I slumped down on the stool.

God! kill me now!

"Riya, are you alright?" Annie looked at me in concern.

I looked down at me, I was in the waitress uniform, a black pencil skirt and a white shirt that has a shiny golden coat over it. My hair was neatly put up.

It was a really bad idea to fill in Alex place! But the manager had insisted because we were short of people and I too didn't want my first real job to have any compromise.

"Riya?" Jijo called me worriedly.

"I..I don't think I can..can we find anyone else to substitute?" I asked.

"We don't have time! you told us yourself!" Femi, another waitress said.

"Please calm down Riya, they are Aldricks, alright, but as long as we do good, it's okay!" Annie consoled me, no one knows about my predicament.

"Yea, nothing will go wrong, you were working hard from the morning," Jijo said.

"You..don't..understand" I mumbled.

I know I can't do anything at this moment, we are half an hour from starting our party. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Okay Riya, just breath, you can do this!

I opened my eyes.

"I will volunteer at the kitchen then"

They all looked at each other.

"You are the organiser, second in command, the manager would surely ask for you!"

"Relax, just think of it as our big ticket," Jijo said. "We are organising the Aldrick's party Riya, this is our lucky chance!" He said and I nodded slowly.

Yea..that's right..this is my job, My dream, what if it's Aldricks, I just have to focus on doing it right. hopefully, nobody will notice me.

yea, that's right, there will be a lot of people here today!

God! Who am I kidding? okay Riya, just focus on surviving the night.

Your team members need you, don't forget it!

"Our first guests are here!" Annie said.

"Yea..let's do this," I said more to myself than to them.

"Hello sir, welcome" I bow down slightly with a sincere smile.

"I see you have worked hard," he said, looking around. "I am Joseph Aldrick's supervisor, I suggested this place, seems like I was not mistaken," he said pleasantly.

My heartbeat increased as I heard grandpa's name, then tried to relax.

"Thank you sir" I smiled. "now if you can just follow me, sir," I said.

"Yea," he said.

Soon people were starting to fill in.

My foot was killing me and on top of that, my back was starting to ache from all the bowing, not to mention my face that was also paining from too much smiling.

"This way" I bowed slightly and walked in with the new guest and took the jacket.

It was that exact moment I nearly had a heart attack, in front of me, still coming to the door was Nirosha, Mia & Teena!

Great! why didn't I think of it?

I raised the jacket in front and tried to cover myself from them, They walked in without noticing me, I breathed in relief.

God! That was a close call-

"Riya?"

I heard the all too familiar voice and turned around slowly.

---------------------

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro