#33 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Riya.

I yawned while walking to take the newspaper.

I was still feeling tired, I had a sleepless night yesterday, grandpa didn't question us as we expected, Instead, he seemed to know what happened.

But it was still difficult for me when I thought about everything that happened, Including that anonymous psycho stalker who actually helped me.

I am still blank about what happened at the party, so I was shocked to hear about it from Neev and Rohan.

We still don't know why I was being attacked and by whom.

Even though they had many theories, nothing was making sense.

They cut off the power and drugged me, so it was well planned...

I shook my head.

I am starting it again! I can't keep thinking like this, It's just making my head burst.

I opened the newspaper and froze.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Yes, that's right, I am the headline today!

"THE CINDERELLA GIRL"

Danny read the big bold title over my shoulder and I folded the newspaper quickly, but of course, the damage was already done.

Danny snatched away the newspaper from me. "Riyechi! please tell me it's someone else!" he said with a laugh.

Grrrr...

That's right, the reporters had to select that one photo of me that I hate too much! It must've been while I was in higher secondary school, with big nerdy glasses!

No, I don't have any eyesight problem, It was just my reading glass that I rarely used to prevent the headache!

And it doesn't help the fact that, just near my foto was Nivin's clean polished posh look in his tux, looking handsome and confident.

What can I say? I really would've appreciated the reporter for selecting such a rare picture of mine, If the situation was different!

Well..they really have to stress the difference, I guess!

"Danny! give it to me" I shouted.

He was laughing at me from the door. I ran after him. "Stop right there or I am going to kill you!"

"Chechi, I wish I could've met you then-" he stopped. "Hey!" he exclaimed as Rohan snatched it away from him.

Holy shit!

"Noooo" I charged at him, Rohan started to chuckle now.

"What's all this commotion?" Auntie Alice came and to my utter humiliation, Rohan passed the newspaper to her, "look at her, mom!" he said.

I was still stricken in my place, Auntie Alice will faint if she saw it.

"Aww..." Auntie Alice cooed to my surprise. "She looks cute!"

I am not cute! I look ugly in there!

"What are you all talking about early in the mor...Whoa!...Is it..?..yeah!... It is!" Nivin took the paper from them.

He took one look and burst out laughing, I have never seen him laughing like that before, apparently, the others looked as shocked too, before they decided to join him.

I folded my hands across my chest and narrowed my eyes at them.

I am not going to allow them to laugh at my expense!

"Are you three seriously going to laugh at me!?" I glared at them while they slowly came to their senses.

"Riyechi! It is given here that you and Brother Neev are getting married within a month!" Danny exclaimed suddenly.

"What!?" I moved near as Neev too turned to read the exact sentence Danny is now showing us.

"It must be wrong! we agreed to wait!" I exclaimed.

"They can't just announce the wedding date!" Neev said.

"It's me who decided the date, I slipped it to them" Grandpa's voice reached us and everyone turned around to him.

"You what!?" even Neev doesn't seem to expect it. "You can't do that! we are not even engaged-" he started.

"I modified your love story so that it's more like you have been engaged secretly for 3 months now, and couldn't wait for the wedding"

"Why would you do that? it's all very fast" Rohan said.

"Because the situation he created is getting out of hand, I have to take care of it as soon as possible" he replied to Rohan, then turned to Neev.

"Don't forget what you did in that press conference, confessing your so-called love in a live press conference and turning the public eye to the company?" he said.

Nivin looked speechless for the first time.

"And on top of that, yesterday's incident too, I wanted to distract the media from it and I don't want another scandal," he said. His eyes lingered on us.

Both of us were still frozen in our spot.

I felt like I am being trapped, grandpa is starting it again, the battle.

"Both of you were ready for the engagement before, I don't think it makes much difference if the wedding is preponed, It's actually a good solution," he said before walking away.

I was still frozen in shock. Neev had promised something will come up so that we can avoid it.

A fake engagement for stability was manageable, but I CAN'T absolutely do a fake wedding!

"Be careful, both of you, I don't know what Grandpa wants, but he's in a hurry to get you married, I never expected this from him...unless he gets something in return" Rohan said, breaking the silence.

"A wedding in a month!" Auntie Alice seemed to be the only one cheerful now. "I have so much to prepare! let me call the best wedding planners!" she walked out of the room in a hurry.

"Riya?" Neev was looking at me and I snapped back to the surroundings.

"I...I need to go...I want to be alone" I ran upstairs.

"Riya, wait..." I heard Neev's voice before locking the door.

Sachin.

I really can't believe what's happening! All the social media and internet has gone crazy about the marriage of the young prince; Nivin Rosh Aldrick!

"Grandpa announced it, If he wants the marriage, there's no way you can stop him" my dad warned me.

"But this is too much! you can't just decide things like this without talking with the second party! It's not a business deal!"

"To him, It is! and don't forget that Neev needs to get married before he plans to manage the company" my dad said.

"That old man has gone nuts!" I said, dialling Riya's number. "Nobody's getting married without their will," I said firmly.

"Hello, Riya?" I said as she picked up.

"Sachin? It's... It's you, can you please help me?" I heard her tensed voice.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Please get me out of Aldricks, I want some fresh air, please rescue me Sachin, I don't have anyone else to ask this favour-"

"Ten minutes, I will be there" I promised.

So I took my car and drive to Aldrick's mansion. yes, I am serious about what I said. I can't just sit and watch if that old man is planning to do something with them, which I am sure, he is planning!

Nivin.

"What do you mean, she called you?"  I asked.

She has been locked up in her room till now, making me worried about her.

"Yes, I will take her for a ride outside and drop her back," he said before ascending the stairs to her room.

I waited down, I am super irritated at the fact that she talked to Sachin while avoiding me.

Control Neev! she's not your property!

"Riya!" I walked to her as soon as I saw her coming down. "Are you alright?"

"I will come back," she said slowly, not even bothering to look up at me.

I really wanted to grab her and turn her to me or hug her tightly till all her worries melt away, It was too intense that I had to fist my hands tightly on both sides.

Jeez! It's so intense? I really can't stand her avoiding me!

And when I saw Sachin opening the door for her, It was unbearable for me.

Jealousy-Green and raw opened inside me.

I can't even seem to take control of my feelings!

I was suddenly shocked at myself and walked to the gym, I need to clear my head or I think I will go crazy!

Half an hour later, I was already drenched in sweat, but I kept on hitting the punching bag.

What's this new plan of grandpa? why is he in a hurry to arrange my marriage?

He knows I don't believe in marriages, does he want to prove to everyone that I am not fit for the company?

I punched it harder.

What about you, Neev? now that you know you love her, what are you going to do about it?

Marriage is out of option!

Then what? you can't ask her to stay beside you!

Marriages can only hurt people, I don't want to hurt her...If she can just stay by my side...

I shook my head.

No...I can't do that! she's not that type of a person, she has high expectations in family life and I don't fit any of her criteria, I can't be a sweet, loving or dedicated husband, I am someone who's dangerous to her, I can destroy her...

Parts of what happened the night before flashed through my head.

"You are one of the important people in my life"

"I trust you, Neev"

"I am so glad you are with me, Neev"

"Aaargh!" I said irritated. "what the hell am I going to do?" I left the punching bag and started to pace up and down.

What did she do to me? she said she trusts me! she doesn't know what that one word means to me!

I know I have to decide on something now. I closed my eyes.

Okay Neev, let's be honest with ourselves now.

You are in love with her...

You can't stay away from her anymore...

It's a first time you are feeling this attached to someone...

You can't stand it if someone else is near her, you are even getting jealous and angry about it...

You are damn possessive of her...

"Whoa!"

I opened my eyes in shock.

Admit it, the only way you can stay close to her is a marriage!

"But marriage.." I murmured.

"Neev?" Rohan walked inside the gym.

"Yea..." I said slowly.

"Take a decision and act fast, you can't drag this anymore," Rohan said, not beating around the bush.

"Marriage..." I dragged off again.

"Let her go if you are not sure, whatever grandpa is deciding, you can't do a marriage if you are not ready for it, whatever the consequences may," he said.

I slumped down.

Can I let her go?

"You can't be that selfish to a girl like Riya, It might hurt her a bit now, but she'll find someone worth waiting for, Neev, you can't tie her down with a loveless marriage," Rohan said.

Who said it's Loveless?

I got angry instantly.

She will find someone?

"Thanks for the advice, but no thanks, I will take a decision on my own," I said darkly.

Yes, I am angry at Rohan even though I know he is right.

The rascal is always straightforward and simple.

Rohan smiled slightly, a knowing glint in his eyes.

"Don't worry about her, Neev, she'll get someone great, she just has to get out of Aldricks firs-"

"I just told you I don't need your opinion!" I snapped again.

I know he's cornering me, but I still couldn't help it.

Rohan chuckled. "You should admit it as well," he said, looking amused.

"Shut up and mind your own business," I said, now less aggressive.

"Let me tell you one thing then, Nivin, the only way you can be with her is marriage," he said and I didn't reply. "go ahead with it only if you are confident that you can protect her from grandpa"

Rohan walked back.

And I realised something.

I really don't have a choice, I know can't let her go.

She's mine.

That possessive voice said inside my head.

"That's right... I don't have any way out of it now!" I ran my fingers through my hair.

Marriage or not, I don't want to miss her, so I should do it...

The heavyweight suddenly felt lifted from me as I took the decision, relief flooded me.

Life with Riya could be interesting! she's so unpredictable and unique.

And she's mine and it's going to stay that way!

I wiped the sweat off me as I walked back to my room. I was in front of my mirror and I looked back at my reflection.

Jeez! Nivin! you are even starting to smile like an idiot now!

I snapped out of it. I realised it now, Rohan actually helped me take a decision.

He really knows how to push my buttons!

I took a deep breath.

Riya & Sachin! where the hell are they!?

Riya.

"Thank you, Sachin," I said. "I couldn't ask anyone else, I was suffocating in there"

"You know you can call me whenever you want," he said.

"I don't think I deserve it" I mumbled.

We were in a small park, both of us we're in swings that are probably made for children.

"Are you alright? I saw the news" he said after a moment.

"I don't know what's happening around me anymore, everything is going too fast for me to catch up! by the time one thing gets settled, another thing more complicated is coming" I said truthfully.

"Grandpa has gone too far now, he can't decide these things himself"

"Both Nivin and I are in a situation not to go against him, he knows it well"

"Riya, the more you agree to this, the more you are going to be trapped"

"Sachin, my Mamma's life is on him, she's my only family, how can I go against him?" I said.

Sachin sighed. "I know how he can get," he said.

"And Neev, he's planning to get his dad's business fair and square, grandpa knows he will do anything now," I said.

Both of us were silent for a few seconds.

"You know, I was brought up in a little orphanage," I said. "I always wanted to be a part of a family"

I know Sachin would have read those articles about me.

"Since it was a dream to me, I promised myself something else," I said, I could still feel Sachin's gaze on me.

"That I will only marry for love, I promised myself I will never settle for anything less"

"Keep that promise then, nobody can force you to marry"

Sachin said sincerely and I laughed.

"Do you know the stupidest thing I have done?" I looked up at him.

"I have fallen for him, Sachin, I think I am in love with Nivin Rosh Aldrick"

Sachin.

"I think I am in love with Nivin Rosh Aldrick."

The words started to swirl around me, I had many girlfriends before and more breakups too, but nothing hurt me like now, And the worst thing? yes, I am supposed to console her now.

Riya's eyes were both filled, she looked torn on the inside and it was hurting me too.

"I don't know how it happened, I know the first rule of Aldrick's, not to fall in love, but it's too late"

"Then it's not as bad as you think, this marriage," I said slowly, my heart is beating painfully, now that I have decided what to do.

"It's more complicated now, It was just like a business deal before, both of us wanted to satisfy grandpa only, now that my heart is involved, I don't think I could settle this without getting hurt"

"Maybe it's the best thing for you two, It was always around the other way in Aldricks, grandpa always opposed the marriages" I tried to console her.

I don't want to see her hurt.

"But I don't want my feelings to burden Neev, he already has enough on his plate, he is allergic to any sort of commitments"

"The people he loved dearly only betrayed him, his mom and dad left him all alone in his childhood, his grandpa who is supposed to look after him dearly treated him as an enemy and his 5 years of girlfriend agreed to marry his own brother, It's only a wonder he is not gone crazy" I said.

"There are so many things I have to settle, I am someone with baggage, Nivin might even hate me for trapping him like this," she said.

"Riya, I know him well, he may not love you now, but I know he likes you, and he's starting to change too, he's more positive towards life now"

"What do you mean?" she whispered.

"Nivin Rosh Aldrick was cold and hard-hearted before you turned up, he never cared about anyone else, he was hurting, but he was cold and wanted to be left alone" I stopped and looked at her. "But now, he cares about you, he wants to protect you and above all, he takes care of you in front of everyone, he wants to protect you"

"He was just being...nice?" Riya said doubtfully. I chuckled.

"Believe me, he didn't know the meaning of it, that is until you turned up, you made him change and since you have no way out of this marriage, stay with him and don't worry about anything else, time is all he is needed"

Riya wiped her eyes and nodded. "Th..thank you," she said. "Even though everyone around him betrayed him, I am glad he has a best friend like you," she said.

I hope it is true. I want to be his best friend, not like last time when I had to leave him alone.

"I hope he will learn to love me in time, that's all I am hoping for now," she said.

"You will get your fair share of love story, just stay with him all the time, he wants someone badly"

My phone started to ring again. "Speaking of the devil," I said before attending the call.

"Where's Riya?" Neev demanded as soon as I answered.

"Why are you so concerned? she's with me, we are a bit away" I said.

"Sachin, bring her back...never mind, tell me where you are, I will come and pick her up"

"You don't have to do that, I am with her now"

"Sachin" Nivin warned.

"Why? are you worried?"

"How's she? is she alright?" he asked again.

"Since you had no interest in-"

"Sachin Dixit! bring her home, now!"

"Why are you ordering me? you don't have to worry-"

"Of course I will worry, I care about her Sachin, now cut this crap and tell me!"

"Worried enough to drive here yourself? that's not you"

I could imagine his frustration. Riya was watching me, wide-eyed.

"Fine...ok...fine, I... I might have some feelings for her, so-"

"You might have? you are not sure?-"

"Ok, I have feelings for her Sachin, now bring her home or I am going to beat the crap out of you!" he threatened.

I always knew it, I knew it the moment he wanted to fight me on Basketball competition just to get back her pearl bracelet!

"Whoa!...no need to get violent, we will be there in 10 minutes"

Rohan.

"You what!?" I shouted. "You visited Naina as my fiancée when I was in states?" I asked Nirosha.

We were at the pool area in my house, Nirosha had asked me to meet her there.

White hot anger consumed me, I looked at Nirosha, who visibly cringed.

"I...I am...so..sorry... I...I thought she was a...stalker, Grandpa said she's a stalker and-" she stammered.

"Stop right there, Nirosha!" I said, now raising out of my seat and moving back a little. "You should really be thankful that you are a girl or I would've killed you by now," I said.

More than my anger, my mind was working, trying to guess what had happened.

If Naina saw Nirosha as my fiancée, that means she KNEW I am an Aldrick then! and Grandpa would've made her believe that I was just playing around with her!

Jeez! There's a high chance for her to misunderstand me! I never told her about my true identity and I left her on the day we were supposed to go abroad, then she saw Nirosha as my fiancée!

"Rohan...I... I had no choice then, I am sorry...but grandpa-" she stopped and flinched as I hit the table top, just in front of her.

"Shut up, Nirosha! you knew who she was and you never told me what happened these two years! don't play innocent! you knew I was searching for her!"

"I was really afraid of-"

"One more word and I am going to throw you in this pool!" I shouted at her. "You were afraid of Grandpa? Isn't it the same reason for you to break your relationship with Neev before? do you think you can do anything as long as you have excuses!?"

I turned my back to her again, or I think I will strangle her alive now!

Does it mean Naina abandoned our house on her own? Is she hiding from me?

The girl at the party! was it Naina?

So many thoughts were swirling around me now.

I will find her...

But what if it was not her?

I closed my eyes tightly.

I think I am going crazy...

"You can go, Nirosha, and don't ever come in front of me again, I really don't know what I would do then!" I said calmly, trying to control that storm inside.

She needn't be told twice, I heard her moving away quickly.

I opened my eyes in fury.

Grandpa!

He promised me he's not going to do anything to her! I agreed to go to America on that!

I can't let go of this one, I can't Grandpa!

I know I can't just barge into his office in my anger, the last time I lost my mind, he locked me up, and I can't waste my time anymore.

It's time I start planning what I am going to do, I should come with a plan logically, I should find Naina and I am going to meet him after that...

"I am...sorry Naina, because of me...because of me, you have to suffer..." I whispered, my heart felt heavy like every time I thought about her.

-----------------------------------------

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro