#40 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Riya.

It's the second day at Aldrick's family house and there's still no sign of Neev. I walked down for the unavoidable dinner reluctantly.

Everyone is starting to ask me about Neev now and I have no idea how to answer them.

To my great relief, Grandpa was away on the first day, but it seems I am not lucky today.

"Riya, come on, " Auntie called me and I slowly descended the stairs. I know Grandpa is home and I really want to skip the dinner, but it's the Aldrick family and nobody can do what they want.

"Nivin is not home yet." Auntie Alice said as she started to arrange the table with Kamala. "It's not even a week since your marriage, you must be feeling bad, I am sorry Riya, " she said. "he will be back soon."she said, probably trying to console me.

I nodded.

"Did he call you, Riya? his phone was off when I tried" she said again. I don't know what to say to that.

I lowered my eyes and helped her to set the table.

"He is not going to call her, " I heard his voice and froze. Grandpa still has that effect on me. "And you know it," he said, turning to me now.

I was shocked and couldn't even move or answer him.

Auntie Alice seemed shocked too. "It's a matter of time, you know Neev, he must be really busy-" she started.

"Nonsense! he is not busy, he's not here because he doesn't want to see her." Grandpa said.

I was still shocked, my heart was beating wildly against my ribs, my whole body went cold.

"What do you mean Neev doesn't want to see her? he is a changed man grandpa," It was Rohan, who was in the middle of the stairs leading to the hall.

"He was, but not anymore, " Grandpa said. "do you know who she really is?" he asked.

Silence filled the room.

All the staffs backed away from the room. Danny looked around from the settee, his favourite video game forgotten.

Grandpa turned to me. "I thought you would not show your face again in this house! you have more guts than I give you credit for." he said.

I was trembling from head to foot now. It looks like Grandpa is determined to get rid of me. He wouldn't normally get involved in such dirty works directly, but he wants me out of here.

And I can't do anything about it. I know it too.

"Grandpa, she is already a member of this house, she's Neev's wife-" Auntie Alice started softly.

"Not anymore, if Nivin doesn't want her, why should I bother?" he said.

And that, made my heart break again, tears pricked my eyes.

"Brother Neev loves her, I am sure about it," Danny said softly, it must've cost a lot for him to speak up in front of Grandpa.

"Then why is she silent? ask her why Neev is not home yet!" Grandpa said, pointing to me.

"Riya?" Rohan called. "What happened, what's wrong?" his voice was concerned.

"Nivin will never accept her," Grandpa announced.

"Please don't say like that, they are already married-"

"You don't understand!" Grandpa cut across Auntie Alice. "she is the daughter of Ragunad, she's actually not a Mehra, she is James's best friend Anil Ragunad's daughter."

Cold silence filled the room.

"Impossible!" Rohan whispered somewhere behind me.

"Tell her to deny it then,"

"Riya?" Auntie Alice looked at me in shock.

All of their gazes burned on me. I was still in that same spot, unable to move.

"And all of you know very well that Nivin is not going to accept her, " he said again. "so I will appreciate it if you pack up and leave this house, you are Ragunad's daughter, who destroyed this family, I don't want to see you ever again," Grandpa said.

I suddenly felt cold and alone. I know Grandpa want to teach me a lesson and unfortunately it's happening, he's going to win again.

I didn't have much to take, I packed everything in a small trolley and walked down the stairs.

I could hear the shoutings from down.

"I know you did it deliberately! you wanted to ruin Neev!" Rohan was shouting. "That's why you rushed this marriage!"

"Be careful or you are going to spend the week on second floor, boy."

"Rohan, please relax" Auntie Alice seemed worried.

"You can't just throw her out like this!" Rohan said.

"She has nowhere to go." Danny supported.

"If he doesn't want her, why would you all stick for her?" Grandpa shouted.

I was downstairs at last. my eyes were blurry, making me realise I am crying. I wiped the tears and started to walk out.

"Let's wait till Neev is home..." Auntie Alice pleaded.

"He won't be home until she's gone," Grandpa said.

I couldn't bear to hear anything anymore, I just wanted to get out of there. I was nearly at door.

"Wait," Grandpa's order came and I stopped automatically.

"Leave that ring and go," he said.

It was a thunder to my heart, I fisted my hands unconsciously. I can't remove it. My wedding ring is the most precious thing in this world to me now.

I shook my head.

"I...I cant..." I said shakily.

No, I won't give it back until Neev ask me it directly.

"You are not going to see each other anymore, everything is over the moment you are out of here," Grandpa said.

I tried to open the door and someone blocked my way.

Philip

"Remove it,"

I took a deep breath.

"It's...It's between us, tell... tell Neev to come and...get it." I tried to be brave.

I sidestepped him, but Philip took a threatening step to me.

"Remove it." he ordered.

I looked at his evil cold eyes. I have always wondered if there was any trace of humanity in him, but all I could see was pitch black.

"No," I said sternly, unflinching.

It was a big mistake as Philip seemed to feel challenged, he grabbed hold of my hand with force.

"Let me go!" I started to struggle out of his grip.

"What do you think you are doing!?" Rohan stepped to him angrily. "let go of her, now!" he said.

"Take it off and leave her, " Grandpa said simply before turning around to walk back.

And two things happened simultaneously.

One; Someone pushed the door open, I couldn't even see Neev as he took in the situation.

And two; Philip removed my ring with force, it left a long scratch with blood from my fight.

"My...ring" I was oblivious to the pain, it felt like the only part of me left intact was broken by him.

"You dare to-" Rohan started but didn't get to finish his sentence as Philip was thrown back, he fell back with a loud thud.

"Neev!" I cried as he lifted up Phillip by his collar again and punched him in the face, twice.

"Stop it, Neev!" Rohan tried to pull him back, but Neev looked furious.

"NIVIN ROSH ALDRICK!" Grandpa's voice boomed, Apparently, he returned hearing the voice.

Neev gave a last punch to Philip, who fell back to the floor and he straightened up, looking straight to Grandpa.

"He dared to touch my wife!" Nivin said, he looked murderous.

"Wife!? she's your wife? do you know who she really is?" Grandpa asked incredulously.

Nivin's eyes landed on me. I couldn't move, but I think my heart is going to burst out, it's hammering madly in my chest.

"She's the girl I married, " he said fiercely and a lightning flashed through me, I don't know what's happening anymore.

"She's Ragunad's daughter!" Grandpa said. "I don't want her in this house"

"She's my wife, it comes first to me, " he retorted. "I married her, so she will stay here with me." he walked to me and grabbed my icy cold hand in his large warm grip.

"Come on, " he had to drag me as I was frozen in my spot.

We were nearly at the stairs when he turned around to look at Philip.

"I want you to bring her bag back," It was an order. Everyone was still frozen in their spot.

"You are ready to go this extend to fight me?"

"I told you, the moment you decided to interfere in my married life, you dig your own grave, I am not going to stop and I will go to any extend, thanks to you."

"We will see, Nivin, " Grandpa said.

"I will look forward to it," Nivin said, his hands gripped mine momentarily before walking upstairs again, still dragging me all the way up.

The moment we were in his room, he closed the door and let go of my hand.

"I am sorry, " he said, slowly turning to face me, his voice shaking.

I stared at him, half expecting him to tell me the words he just told Grandpa is true and half worried about what he's going to tell me.

Nivin.

She was looking at me expectedly and I couldn't bring myself to say it.

Yes, I have decided what to do, thanks to Grandpa, I had the strength to suppress the emotions and take a decision. I thought about it a lot too.

"I know, it's not your fault, Grandpa used you to get what he wants," I said truthfully.

Sachin's words were still ringing around me, apparently, Anil Ragunad is already dead and Grandpa is taking his revenge on her, Just like he has been doing it to me all these years.

Her eyes were filling again and I walked to the window, Turning my back to her. I still can't watch her cry.

"I am sorry, I left you like that, I am sorry, I really didn't want to hurt you in that parking lot, I know you would never do that to anyone, much less to me, if you didn't tell me the reason you had to hide about your dad before marriage, you must have a really good reason, I accept it too..." I stopped.

I don't have to turn around to see that she's crying, I don't know why I am trying to make this easier for her, but still getting hurt by her tears.

"But Riya, I can't do it, our marriage, I can't...I can't...see you as my wife anymore, I really thought about it, but-"

I stopped as I heard the small sobs coming from her. strangely, it's still hurting me too much, my heart is twisting in pain.

"I am really sorry I am hurting you like this, but I think it will be better for us to part without complicating this anymore." I said.

In Fact, I would like us to go so far away, so that I can bear with it, so that I won't feel this pain every time I would see you.

I hesitated a moment, I really feel like a jerk for what I have to say next.

"I would understand it if you want to walk away now, I won't hold it against you, but I would really like you to stay here, until the board meeting," I said. "I will find you a house, a job and I will make sure you and your Mamma are safe from Grandpa too, all you have to do is stay here a few more days..." I said.

There...I said it. I know I am the most selfish person in this world now. I am even using her, but I see no other way to control Grandpa, I have to stop him before he ruins someone else's life too.

I already decided to find her a place to stay even if she decides to leave, I don't want to throw her into the streets, I know she has nowhere to go.

"You know what happens if you walk away now, Grandpa is going to drag it across the media, both of us will suffer, I know you don't have a place to go now and your Mamma is in need of treatment too, so please stay here for the time being, I don't want anyone to suspect anything until the CEO is elected." I said.

I have never wanted to enter the company like this before, since I am not planning to keep my position in that cursed company, we could reveal it soon, But for now, I really want to get in the company, I need to control Grandpa, and for that, I need Riya beside me until the board meeting. That's around 1 month time.

I turned around And placed the ring, that I was gripping tightly on the table. It still got a small stain from her blood. I quickly averted my eyes from it.

"The choice is yours, whatever you decide, I will respect your decision." I said before walking out of there.

I dialled Sachin.

"Hello, how's the project work going?" I asked as soon as he picked up. I had assigned our team the works to do as I was going away for the week.

"Nivin, " he said darkly. "you want to know about the project, now?"

"I am talking to you as your boss now, if you still want to continue in my team, start explaining," I said.

There was a moment of silence before Sachin started to talk. I know he's one of the important directors and that I shouldn't really boss him around. I know he can decide to give up on my team anytime he wants and I will only struggle if he's gone.

And I also know he would stay by my side, no matter what, there's this bond between us that's hard to explain.

Riya.

Neev is out again, working on his project and I am left here alone.

I am still in the settee, watching that ring on the table.

I couldn't forget his words.

What am I going to do now? I think I am cursed in this life, I am destined to be an orphan in this lifetime.

Neev doesn't want me, he couldn't even look at me properly.

He hates me!

And he doesn't know about Mamma! he still thinks she's in the hospital...

My heart is wrenching in pain, our time together seemed far away and too good to be true.

This might be my punishment for being greedy. The family I have been hoping for is not going to happen.

Grandpa!

What am I going to do with him? I can't just simply sit here, I have to protect Mamma or Grandpa is going to harm her. He will do anything to get what he wants.

I should stop him...

And for that, I need to stay here, I need to stay here by Neev.

I took the ring in my hand.

I am going to accept it, Neev, I want to protect her and I want to protect you too.

I slowly put that ring back and winced. The skin was still raw there.

I know I can't tell anything to anyone, but I badly need to talk to someone now.

I dialled Priya's number.

"You alright?" Rohan asked me when he sat opposite to me on the round table in the terrace.

I smiled up at him. "of course," I said. "Thank you so much for standing up for me."

He sighed.

"Riya, Grandpa is going to try everything to hurt you, just...be..be careful, okay," he said.

I smiled.

"And I am sorry Riya, " he avoided eye contact. "I should have told Nivin about his Amma before all of this, you even asked me to tell him everything," he said guiltily.

"That's not your fault, Rohan, I couldn't understand it before, but now I know, sometimes we have no choice but keep things to ourselves even if we want to tell the truth," I said.

"Still...all of these wouldn't have happened if I had told him that his mother was forced to leave her family, I am too late," Rohan still looked guilty. "And I didn't know that Anil Ragunad was your father." he said slowly.

"It's not him who betrayed Uncle James, Rohan, my Dad was hiding away from Grandpa, he even changed his identity to protect me." I said, my eyes filling.

"I guessed as much when I heard that your father is no more, " Rohan said, he turned to me. "you do realize what it means, right?" Rohan looked serious.

I nodded. "Someone else framed him." I whispered.

I don't want to name Uncle Sebastian in front of him, I know I have no evidence.

"And there's no way for Uncle Dev to do it, it's Sebastian!" he said. "And he is staying next to Grandpa!" he exclaimed. "And Grandpa is never going to suspect him," he said angrily.

I take a deep breath.

Atlast...someone knows about him, without evidence.

"Even Grandpa doen't know his true colours, Rohan, is there any way we could expose him?"

"He will do anything for the company!God! I knew he was power hungry, but I never thought it's this bad!" Rohan said.

"So we can't stop him?" I asked him.

"The only person who can stop him is Nirosha and you know it's not going to happen." Rohan said darkly.

"Nirosha?" I asked him.

"Sebastian and his wife's been staying separated for a long time now, both of them are going on with their own lives and the only reason for them not to get divorced is because of Nirosha"

"What! since when's he been living separately?"

"It's a long time now, if Nirosha ever decide to go back to her Mom, it's game over for Sebastian, so she's the only person Sebastian is worried about, " Rohan said. "But you know her, she will stand with who's more useful to her, Nirosha's like that." he said bitterly, Apparently thinking about what she had done to Nivin and him.

"Are you telling me that he's been doing it for his position in the company?" I asked incredulously.

I shouldn't be surprised about this since I know Sebastian was in love with Neev's Mom, which started all of these problems in the first place.

"You could say that." Rohan sighed.

"How do you know this?"

"Everyone knows this, it's an open secret"

"But he was the CEO! how come everyone was okay with it then?"

Rohan sighed.

"Riya, you still seems too oblivious to the things going on, the third rule of the company about marriage is true, but they forced it on Neev because they needed to trap him, Grandpa needed to get you married so that he can separate you and throw Nivin out of the company." he said.

That's why Neev made that deal with me! but he said not to expose it until the board meeting, then what's he going to do after this 33 days? how can he stay in the company if we get separated?

Unless he doesn't plan on staying long...

I realised in shock.

All Neev wanted is to get into the company! he had said it before too, that he is planning to ruin what's more precious to Grandpa!

"Riya?" Rohan looked at me, my heart was still racing as I looked up at him.

"So they forced this marriage on him after planning all of these!" I said robotically.

"It must be the case, Grandpa would do anything to get his way, if he hadn't wanted Sebastian to be a CEO before, he would have brought up Sebastian's broken marriage, but no, he didn't care about it, And when it comes to Neev, he's trying to take him down by the same reason, it's how he works." Rohan said.

"And most of the directors will follow him blindly,"

"Yes, nobody dares to get on the bad side of Grandpa, so everyone agrees to him, And he's the chairman too, the largest shareholder of Aldricks corporation, " Rohan said.

"So we can't do anything now," I said slowly. "we can't fight Sebastian because Grandpa will protect him."

"We can Riya, I am going to tell Neev everything, " Rohan said, my heart stopped at his words.

"We can't Rohan-"

"No, Riya, Neev needs to know about his mother, he should know about that bastard Sebastian too!" Rohan looked determined. "we need to know what really happened to Auntie Julia!"

I closed my eyes tightly, tears were flowing down my face.

I think I have to tell him.

"Ro..han..we..we can't tell Neev about his...Amma" I said.

"What are you talking about, Riya?"

"I... I know what...what happened to her" I said and he stared at me.

"You know where Neev's Amma is?" he looked at me, his eye's wide.

"It's...it's my...Mamma..." I whispered.

Rohan.

What Riya said is not making any sense.

"I don't understand-"

So she started to tell me from the first. how she was abandoned in the orphanage, how she got her Mamma there, how they grew close.

"I honestly didn't know about her Rohan, " she wiped her eyes. "she is like a real Mom to me." she stopped.

I was frozen in my spot, I couldn't believe what I am hearing now.

"So...your Mamma is Neev's Mom? I...I can't believe this Riya!" I said. "And she is in India?" I am really shocked.

What the hell is going on?

"She was under Grandpa all these years..." Riya told me.

"You mean, Grandpa hide her away all these time? in his orphanage?" my voice turned murderous.

Riya nodded and my blood seemed to reach its s boiling point.

I started to walk.

"Wait!" Riya blocked me. "Let me tell-"

"Move Riya, I am going to talk to Grand-"

"You can't!"

"I can and I will-"

"Mamma is going to disappear then!" her shout froze me.

Riya started to cry now.

"Rohan, the moment Neev knows about his mom, Grandpa said...he said..he will kill her..." she said.

I couldn't even move.

I can't believe what I am hearing now.

"Grandpa threatened you!?" I turned to her, my eyes narrowed.

"That's not what's important Rohan! we need to find her, Grandpa moved her away and I don't know where to search for her."

"I thought you were visiting her?" I asked.

"I was, until I knew about her true identity, but now she's been transferred and I am so very worried about her," I said. "she can't tolerate unknown places or people."

"We will find her, don't worry, " I promised her firmly. "since she needs medical support, they would have to keep her somewhere near a hospital, we will search her in each and every place." I said.

"Thank you, Rohan," she said, wiping her eyes.

I am sorry, Riya, you have to go through this, our family is messed up like this.

Riya.

I felt like a heavy weight is lifted from me, now that someone knows my secret.

"I already tried in all of the convent hospitals, but I cant influence anyone in private hospitals." I told him.

"I will take care of it, don't worry, " he said. "And I want you to know that all of us are with you, so don't feel so bad, we will get past this together, we are family, " Rohan told me.

My eyes started to fill, his words mean so much to me.

"Th..thank you, Rohan" my voice shook.

"I just told you not to be sad!" he said. "And you should tell me if there's something like this going on instead of keeping it to yourself." he said and I nodded, wiping my eyes.

"Rohan, I think Naina is a lucky girl to meet someone like you," I said sincerely.

"I don't think so, she would've been much better if I didn't meet her, Because of me-"

"You did your best with her, you had no choice, Rohan, you are a good person, I think she was really lucky to have you," I said.

I saw the flickering emotion in his eyes, he's worried sick about her, I can see it.

"And I am sure, you will meet her, so don't give up, keep searching for her, what if she's waiting for you too,"

"Th...thank you Riya, I...I really needed it, I...was getting my hopes crushed."

"We have to find out what really happened, we can't just ignore her," I said.

Rohan nodded. "Thank you, " he said. "don't stay here for long, go and sleep," he said and I nodded.

Rohan walked inside. I was still on the terrace, busy with my own thoughts.

Neev is already gone, he said he has some important works to finish.

"Riya?"

I turned around to find Auntie Alice, she was looking hesitant to approach me.

I smiled and she relaxed a bit.

"You can come," I said, pointing to the opposite seat on the roundtable.

"Um...I...wanted to check up on you but you were not in your room, " she said.

"I'm fine, Auntie," I said. "Neev accepted me, there's nothing more I could ask for," I said, my heart gave a painful squeeze at the lie.

"Riya, you have to understand Neev too, he must be in shock, he still thinks his Amma...anyway, he must be so hurt, you have to give him some time to get everything straight,"

I nodded. "I know."

"He still wants you to be with him, that's a relief," she said.

My heart squeezed in pain again.

"All you have to do is, stay by him, he will come around, The cold-hearted Nivin changed after you reached this house, I am sure you can bring him back."

My eyes started to fill again and I nodded.

Soon she escorted me to "our" room.

"Just sleep now, don't think about anything, everything will be okay soon, " she told me. "Neev will come back once he thinks it through."

"Good night..." I smiled.

I locked the door and slowly walked to my bed, The smell of my favourite chocolate cookies reached me and I looked around.

Sure enough, there was a box of it on my table with a note.

I slowly opened it.

"You are the BEST Chechi in this world, Thank you for being there for us:)"

"Danny..." I whispered, smiling slightly at his thoughtfulness.

It was overwhelming. I wiped my tears away again.

The only person I need the most is Nivin and it seems that he is the only person who's too far away, out of my reach.

I was all alone in the bed and wide awake.

I am not going to give up, I still have 33 days with you...

Sachin.

"What are you doing so late at night, Dad? Mom said you are too busy day and night" I asked him.

I am home for the weekend and he seemed too engrossed in work.

He leaned to his chair and looked up at me. I was surprised to see him looking so grim and stressed.

"Dad?"

"I was looking at Anil's accident case,"

"Riya's dad? And?" I was alert instantly.

"It doesn't add up, the investigation is closed too soon and everything is just too vague, " he said. "The CCTV footage of the accident from the highway is missing too."

"What! do you think...it was set up?was it a murder then?"

"I really hope it's not, " He looked so angry suddenly, I had never seen my Dad like this before, ever since he heard about Riya's Dad's death, he was like this.

He's still so much affected by it, their friendship seemed to be that strong even after all these years.

"What are you planning to do?" I asked him.

"I am going to reopen the case"

-------------------------------

I was so happy to read all of those long messages! NSo I updated a really long chapter for you today, Hope you all enjoyed it!

Do help me promote B&B, don't forget to share it with your friends, Do vote comment And follow me if you like my works;)

Love you all...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro