#56 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you, Gazelle7336, for the lovely cover pic! Loved it dear...😘

Nivin.

I took a deep breath and tried to look as normal as possible, Sebastian's spy was still with me.

If I want to fool them, it's going to take so much effort.

I turned to Karan.

"I want to confirm that all of my family and friends are safe, so don't interfere," I warned him.

"If boss told you that he will leave them, he will do that," he said.

I looked at Karan "You don't know your boss as well as me, I need to check," I said firmly.

I opened the door and walked inside Naina's house. All of them were gathered around the laptop, probably going through the interview footage before airing it.

"Finally," Sachin walked to me, "the interview is ready to be aired, we need to act fast, before the board meeting," he stopped, now looking at the door. "But where's Riya?" he asked me, "And who's this?" he looked at the guy with me.

I really want to tell them the situation I am in, but I know I can't do that, not when Karan is here.

"Riya will join us later," I said. "And meet Karan, He works for S.S-News, He's agreed to broadcast our interview," I said confidently, praying that they will buy it.

I am feeling like crap now, I know that I am spoiling our plan, I am deliberately ruining the only way to stop Sebastian by this.

Don't worry about Sebastian getting the power, Neev, Riya's life comes first, nothing else matters...

And others too... even though Sebastian promised to back down from everyone else, I still need to confirm it.

"What's that supposed to mean Nivin; we are not using Q-TV then?" Amy walked to me.

Crap! I have totally forgotten about her!

"Yea, instead of hacking, we can air our story legally," I said.

"S.S-News?" Amy looked at him, "It's my first time meeting him, I kind of know all the reporters there, from which department are you? Who's your chief?" Amy looked at him.

"I got promoted recently, Ma'am," he said, showing her the ID card.

Amy frowned slightly. "Then you are under Mahi sir?-"

"Is it important now?" I interrupted. "Just hand over the footage, we need to take care of other things before the meeting starts," I cut across her.

He's going to get rid of that footage, I know it, but there's no way I could tell them anything, I need to obey Sebastian now, I can't risk Riya's life, I need to make sure that everyone is safe too.

You need to do this to protect everyone Neev, don't mess it up!

"Half of our work is over, it's nearly finished," Rick said from the monitor, "wait a couple of minutes more."

"But where's Riya?" Sachin turned to me again, "she's not someone who would miss this for anything."

"She needed to take care of something," I said shortly. "We need to hurry-"

"Take care of what? Someone here's been waiting for her." Rohan looked at Naina as they walked to us, leaving the gang to edit the footage.

"She needed to visit the hospital, it was urgent," I said.

Both Rohan and Sachin looked surprised.

"Why? Is she not well?" Naina asked, concerned.

All of them were looking at me and I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"She went to visit her Mamma," I said, trying to sound convincing.

The only reason Riya would skip this today will be for something serious like it, or I know, I can't make them believe it.

Both Sachin and Rohan looked up at me in surprise.

"But her Mamma-" Sachin started.

He knows her Mamma is missing! He was there when I made that deal with Vikram to find her Mamma!

"She's okay now," I said firmly, cutting Sachin and looked around, "so what about-"

"Riya went to visit her Mamma?" Rohan interrupted me again, raising his eyebrows.

What's wrong with him? Why's he looking at me like that!?

"Yea, she was under treatment," I said.

Rohan just looked at me for a moment.

"So you found her Mamma?" Sachin asked me, looking relieved and I nodded, praying he would drop it like that.

Rohan.

I am shocked at them now. I don't understand what's going on.

Nivin knew about her Mamma then? He knew that Julia was missing?

I stared at him.

It was supposed to be a secret, Riya couldn't tell him about it. We are still trying to locate her.

And what's this all of a sudden?

"Is she okay now? Where's is she taking treatment?" I asked slowly.

"Mm...Okay, she's in one of our hospitals," Nivin didn't look at me and opened the file in his hand.

He is lying; He still doesn't know that her Mamma is Aunt Julia!

I already searched all of our hospitals and she's not anywhere there.

But why is he lying?

"We need to go to the company now," Nivin said.

"What happened to your lips, it looks reddish on one side," Jason said as he walked to us. He handed over the USB that has the interview footage.

The guy who came with Nivin took it and moved to the small couch, he opened his laptop and started to work.

"It's nothing," he turned to me then, "Call Auntie Alice and Danny, ask them to stay with our security people, I don't want any trouble with anyone today," he said.

"Aren't we going a bit overboard? They will be safe, it's not the first time we are going to a shareholders meeting-"Sachin started.

"Just do what I say, now," Nivin stressed, looking angry now. "And tell Uncle Dev and Uncle John to cancel their lunch date and meet up with me in the company," he added.

"But it's an important director-"

"I need to talk to them before the meeting," Neev cut across Sachin. "And Rohan, you should take Naina back home. Tell Uncle J.P to take care of the family today-"

"Sir," Karan interrupted Neev suddenly, making him stop.

"This footage-" he started, but Sachin cut across him, looking at Neev.

"What's wrong with you, Nivin, why do you want to tighten the security?" Sachin said and all of us watched him.

"I... I am nervous about this meeting; we need to hide Naina, What if the police come searching for her? We can't trust anyone, not until Sebastian and her Uncle and Auntie are jailed." he said firmly.

"That's right..." I said slowly, "okay, I will take her to Uncle J.P, She will stay there until the meeting is over."

"What about Riya then?" Sachin asked. "Is she safe?"

"Yes, don't worry about her," Neev said, then looked at the gang. "Since the interview is over, Can you stay with the family until the board meeting is over?"

"I think we need to move sir," The reporter with Nivin said politely, "I need to go through this clip before we air it," Karan said.

Neev looked at him for a moment, "yea... you are right." he nodded slowly.

"Don't worry about Naina or the family, we will stay with them Neev," Rick said.

"Yea, focus on your meeting today," Sid nodded.

Neev looked at everyone and nodded slowly before walking outside with Karan.

Sachin and I looked at each other.

"He's behaving strangely today," Sachin said and I nodded.

"But how did you know that Riya's Mamma was missing?" I asked and Sachin turned to me, shocked.

"You knew?" he asked me, undertone.

"Yes, Riya told me, but, Nivin was unaware of that!"

"He knows, he did that racing to save her Mamma, It's supposed to be a secret," Sachin exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Naina looked in between us, "Is Riya's Mamma missing from the hospital? She didn't tell me anything,"

"Shh... we will fill you everything later," I looked at a bewildered Naina. "Riya didn't tell anyone else because she didn't want to risk anything, she wanted you to be safe," I looked at Sachin

"But how come Neev knows about her Mamma? Why did he keep it from her?"

"Apparently she didn't tell him that her Mamma is taken away, so even though he was searching for her, he couldn't tell her or ask her about it," Sachin said slowly, "Do you know why she was keeping it from Neev?" Sachin looked at me.

I sighed. Riya is the one who is supposed to be telling them that, but something is off and I can't keep it a secret now.

"She's Aunt Julia, Riya's Mamma is Neev's Amma," I said slowly.

"What!?"

Both Sachin and Naina looked at me, wide-eyed.

"Grandpa blackmailed her with her Mamma; He said he would make her disappear if Neev ever comes to know her existence and she couldn't tell Neev since Neev hated his Amma then," I explained.

"What the!" Sachin stopped suddenly, he looked at me. "Then...what he said just now, about Riya going to visit her Mamma?"

"He's lying, I don't know the reason, but Nivin is definitely hiding something. I was searching for Auntie Julia all these time, if she's near any of our hospitals, I would have already been informed by my private detectives!"

"What the hell is going on then?" Sachin said. "Why did he lie about it? He sounded different on the phone too,"

"What about Riya then? Where's she?" Naina looked worried.

Both Sachin and I have no answer for that.

"Her phone was off all the time, I was trying since the interview was over," Naina said again.

"Okay, Nivin is hiding something, we need to be cautious now, let's see what he's going to do," I said firmly. "We need to figure out what's going on."

Neev.

"Sir, we can't do that! Everything is perfect now, there's no need to change your presentation," Cijoy exclaimed, but I started to go through my presentation.

"We will delete this concept and take the previous one," I said

"No sir, this is the most highlighted idea in our plan, we can't change it," Shiaz said and Sushand nodded.

"Neev, what's going on? Why are you changing your presentation all of a sudden, we don't have time now," Sachin said as he and Rohan walked inside.

I looked at Sushand and he looked down.

"Sorry sir, we told them-"

"There's no need to be sorry, Sushand!" Rohan looked at me then.

"Nivin, your juniors think you are out of your mind, behaving like this now," Rohan said.

"I guess I am nervous," I said quickly.

Since I have no way to tell them what's going on, I don't want to raise any suspicion, Or I know, they won't just leave it.

"What's he doing here!? This is a confidential team meeting!" Sachin noted Karan on the side.

Yes, that bastard is sticking to me like a gum, not giving me any chance.

"I thought you were going to air our interview?" Rohan narrowed his eyes.

"Yea, it's supposed to be an hour before your board meeting," he said politely.

"Still, he doesn't have any business here,"

"Actually he does," I said slowly, "he wants us to allow him to record our meeting."

"Why should we do that? The shareholders meeting is a secret one, we can't allow anyone from outside,"

"Sorry sir, But SS- News agreed to broadcast your interview in exchange for this," Karan said.

"Wow! No wonder then! They want to get something big, that's why they are ready to air our interview!"

I looked at them, "Before we start what about Naina, Auntie Alice, Danny, and Uncle John?"

"Don't worry, they are safe," Rohan said. "Dad is working with Uncle Dev now," Rohan added.

"That's good then."

"But Dad wants to know why you cancelled that lunch date, it was an important director, Dad wanted to convince him to be on our side,"

"I don't think so; he is already Sebastian's man. Uncle would be wasting time if he is trying to convince him,"

Riya.

I stared at the stuffed teddy bear that looked like it belonged to a little girl.

I was not expecting this of all the things.

I took it out feeling déjàvu, Goosebumps spread across me as I watched it with wide eyes.

It was a cream coloured teddy with a red collar.

Flashes of a little girl filled me, her delighted squeal and the laughter of her parents echoing around me.

I felt light headed and leaned to the wall beside the locker, my heart was going overdrive and I worried it will burst.

I tried to breathe normally and waited until my heart calmed down.

This is the first time I am remembering something from my childhood!

I looked inside the locker and pulled out the rectangular velvet box.

I opened it with trembling hands; there sat a beautiful necklace inside and a rolled paper beside it.

I unrolled it and started to read.

"My dear beautiful daughter,

I was hoping to give you these gifts myself, but the fact that you are reading this letter means I am no more by your side.

Riya, Daddy is sorry to make you wait for the past 25 years, but it was the only way to save you, my dear.

We love you, Your Mom and I, You will always be our precious little daughter who filled our life with colours, That's why we decided to do it, Even though It breaks our heart to do this, we are going to hide you as I am already chased and your Mom is critically ill. Sorry, my dear, Daddy and Mommy are unable to protect you now, but we are definitely not letting anyone touch our precious daughter.

I know I was tough on you while growing up, watching you over as your guardian and pushing you to take all those classes even though you hated anything to do with violence-"

I stopped; my body was shaking with silent sobs. I couldn't even make out the letters as both of my eyes started to flow down continuously.

I still remember the self-defence classes I was forced to take; I hated it and rebelled against it with my all, Uncle Ananth had to give in at last.

How I wish I have known it earlier.

The business field too, He always sent me those journals and all, making me automatically follow the business world, But it was a voluntary choice as I really wanted to be an event manager who will make people's dream come true.

I wiped my eyes and started to read again.

"-It broke my heart whenever you told me to find your family, but I didn't have enough confidence to come and meet you even as your guardian because I know I would get greedy, I know I couldn't hold it any longer if I even let myself close to you.

And thank you for growing up so good in spite of growing up without us in the orphanage, we know you are a strong girl, Beautiful inside out, Mummy and I am so proud of you my girl.

I know you must hate me when you read this, but your Mom and I wanted you to be safe before anything else. I am also waiting for the day I can come and take you back with me.

If you are reading this letter, it means I am no longer protecting you, so I would like to leave you with the last thing you have to do, Do not trust anyone who approaches you and you should go and meet this person; Dev Dixit. Take the gifts and letter to him, He will protect you from danger, you can trust him and follow him.

Forgive us for leaving you in the orphanage, but we always loved you and always will love you too. We are watching over you dear daughter, Live well.

Love you,

Anil Ragunad.

I folded the letter slowly.

My Dad kept this old teddy bear and the necklace with so much protection as it was a means for Uncle Dev to recognise me!

Until the end, he didn't tell me anything about the danger I am in, He doesn't want me to deal with it!

I wiped my eyes again.

The locker has nothing to do with the evidence Sebastian was talking about, it's the love of my parents.

The words in the letter were smudged and spread in some places.

He was crying while he wrote me this.

He knew Sebastian or Grandpa was going to come after me, that's why he warned me not to trust anyone.

Everything would have changed if I had received this letter earlier.

I wouldn't have accepted Grandpa's offer to stay at Aldricks, I would never have met Neev again, I would not have understood why my parents decided to leave me at the orphanage and I would probably have hated them for it.

But not now, I know why my dad and mom did it, why they needed to hide me from Sebastian. I can understand it since I am facing the same situation.

Ironically, Neev and I are in the same situation they were 20 years back, we are also trying to protect each other like what my parents and Nivin's parents had done, our common enemy is still manipulating our lives.

It would've changed everything if I had gotten this letter earlier, but I don't regret meeting the Aldricks, especially Neev.

Even if I have to go back, I don't think I will select a different path, I will still need to meet Neev, the hurt and broken guy under all the stubbornness.

I don't want him to fight Sebastian alone; I would still need to stand with him, hold his hands and face the world together.

Because I know, we could not cross our dark pasts alone, it was possible to survive it because we had each other, Even though both of us have our own flaws and not perfect, we were able to fix each other.

We are people who need each other.

I wiped my eyes again.

I know Nivin's going to give up everything for me.

We are going in circles, Because of Sebastian, we are all trying to protect the people around us and Sebastian is taking advantage of it.

Strangely I was glad that it was not what he has been expecting. Sebastian had thought it's the data against him and he's not going to get what he wants.

Neev.

"Why is the interview not yet broadcasted, Nivin?" Rohan asked me and I kept my silence. I don't know what to tell them.

It was time for the meeting and Karan easily slipped away, now sure that I can't do anything before the meeting.

"It's not going to be broadcasted, Karan is not an S.S news reporter, Amy just called me," Sachin said.

"What's going on Nivin? Tell me what's going on, you are behaving so strangely and you lied to us, what's the problem?" Rohan looked angry now.

"Something is wrong; we know that, you have to tell us so that we can help you,"

"You can't help," I whispered, "just pretend that you don't know anything, it will be a help, please don't make it too hard for me."

"Neev-"

Sachin stopped as someone opened the door.

"It's going to start now; all of them have reached," Sushand said nervously.

All of us got up.

"Where's Riya?" Rohan looked at me and I stilled. "Don't tell me that crap about her Mamma because I know you are lying, I also know that her Mamma has been missing," he said and I was shocked, I turned to them.

"I will tell you everything after this meeting."

I walked to the conference room before they question me again; nothing is going to change now. I know it.

Soon the meeting started and Sebastian walked to the podium.

He started his presentation and my team gasped.

Rohan and Sachin turned to me. They knew it was our presentation and ideas.

I fisted my hands tightly and tried to control it. Other board members were still unaware of it.

"What's going on Nivin?" Sachin turned to me.

"Do you want to tell me why our project is presented by him!?" Rohan sounded angry

"That's why you wanted to change the concept! You knew he was going to do this?!" Sachin turned to Sebastian.

"Bloody bastard," Rohan looked murderous. "I am going to teach him a lesson now," he said and I touched his hand.

"Calm down, we can't do anything; I will tell you everything when the meeting is over-" I started but he shook my hand away.

"I am not going to leave him!" he said firmly.

The lights came back on and everyone started clapping, the elders looked impressed.

"Bastard! He stole our idea!" Sachin said.

Then Rohan raised his hand, "Can I ask you if it's your "own" presentation?" Rohan asked before I could stop him.

All of the board members turned to us.

"Rohan!" both Sachin and I hissed, But we know it too, once he's angry, it's very very difficult to control him.

"What is it supposed to mean? Do you think I stole it then?" Sebastian looked angry.

"Sorry but I happened to see that idea somewhere else, okay, I am curious to know about that international plan, can you please explain it?" he asked.

Sachin and I exchanged look, we know what he's trying to do.

Sebastian was happy to discuss the plan and Rohan kept on guiding him the way he wants, asking questions and nodding as he gets the correct response, until, He cornered him.

Yes, Sebastian got stuck, that part of the plan was developed carefully by us. Sachin, Rohan and I had a hard time figuring out a solution, it was a headache, but we managed to find a solution for the deal to go through and we know, Sebastian is never going to figure it out.

Once he got stuck, all of the board members started to ask similar questions, making it worse.

Sebastian's eyes flashed to me, Anger clear in them.

He wouldn't have imagined some reckless kids he thought he could deal easily would trap him like this and Rohan was someone who knew his work.

"We need a break before the discussion starts again," Sebastian said through the microphone, trying to slip out.

"We will resume after 10 minutes-"

"We need to hear the solution before that," Sachin said now, not backing down.

"Both of you stop it," I hissed again.

"If you are the one who developed it, I think you can really answer it," Rohan said firmly.

"What do you mean boy?" Mr Moorthi turned to him, "who Developed it then?"

"Then can you give him the answer?" Mr Ram looked our way, "I don't think it's easy, it's very complicated."

"I think Nivin can answer that because it's his presentation-"

"I am sorry, I can't, and it's not my presentation," I interrupted Rohan firmly as Sebastian looked murderous.

"Nivin!" Uncle Dev looked at me, "Is it your presentation?"

"No," I didn't back down, "I don't know the solution."

"Then I will give the answer," Sachin got up from the chair, Looking angry at me now, He pointed the laser beam at the screen and started to explain, He made it simple and easy to understand, He even listed the countries we could have this deal with since it will be legally hard to get approval from others.

When he stopped, there was complete silence in the room, Sachin looked around.

"It would need a lot of days to figure out this solution, why do you think I know it? Because Nivin, Rohan, and I had a hard time figuring out this! We had to contact people from the respective countries to make sure of it!" Sachin looked at me, "Because it is supposed to be Nivin's presentation-"

"We will go for a break, now that the question is answered."

"No-" Rohan started.

"Both of you... stop it now," I am desperate now. "Riya's with Sebastian, you can't act like this!" I hissed over the loud discussion that's going around and both Sachin and Rohan froze.

"You bastard, you ruined my presentation!" Sebastian took my collar and slammed me to the wall.

"I stopped them," I said, fisting my hands on both sides.

Think of Riya, Neev... calm down...

"The damage is already done! Everyone thinks I stole it from you!"

And you did steal it from me...

"As long as I support you, you won't have a problem," I said slowly.

"You just made me a fool! I warned you many times, Riya is still with me-"

"I told you too, they are not going to leave it! You know Sachin and Rohan, they don't know Riya is with you and they got angry to see that presentation! It was you who left your spy with me and didn't want me to tell anyone about Riya," I said angrily. "That project is the result of hard work and sleepless nights, how do you think they felt when they saw you presenting it!?"

Sebastian raised his hand at me.

"You don't want to ruin my face today, do you?" I blocked his first midway.

"Tell them now, one more mistake from you and I am not going to tolerate it. Tell them also, that one more mistake, I am going to kill her," he said.

My eyes darkened.

"The only reason I am tolerating this is because of her," I looked deep into his eyes. "She's my reason to live, and if you ever touch her, it's as good as digging your own grave," I said deadly, "If something happened to her Sebastian, I will be a real demon, I will hunt you down and you will wish that you were never born!"

"You bastard," Sebastian slammed me to the wall and brought his hands to my middle.

I didn't stop him and braised myself for the pain, but it never came.

The next thing I know, someone pulled Sebastian off me as I was supported by Sachin and Rohan.

I looked up to see Uncle Dev pushing Sebastian to the wall, his face murderous; I had never seen him this mad in my life.

"I told you!" Uncle Dev sounded thick with emotion, "I told you that I will never allow you to hurt them!" Uncle Dev said, "Where's Riya?"

Sachin and Rohan must have filled him about what's happening.

Sebastian laughed.

"Just give up if you want to help them, step down from the company, You have your own law firm to take care of, you have been James's dog for enough now," he said.

"I am willing to be his dog for a long time, Sebastian." Uncle Dev retorted. "Even if you take control of the company like this, you are never going to please that ego of yours, you will be the same shameless guy in the end, The guy who betrayed his friends, the heartless guy who would do anything to appease his greed and selfishness."

"I am no more that person who had nothing, I am as high as you three now, Maybe even more," Sebastian said.

"We were never "high" Sebastian, we were equal! James, Anil or I never treated you different, we were supposed to be friends and look at what you have done for us! You destroyed everything including the friendship we shared."

"Friendship it is? All the three of you were so loaded and carefree that you had the luxury to think about friendship, Dev, But I was different, I felt it, I felt pathetic and shameful, I felt useless and dirty whenever you guys were around,"

Uncle Dev stared at him for a moment.

"Indeed, you are different Sebastian, you are the worst of worst, and do you think you can feed your ego if you win your Best friend's company after killing them?" Dev asked, "you are very much mistaken because you will never be peaceful in your life, the past will keep on haunting you," he stopped, "and the truth will come out one day, you are doomed, Sebastian." Uncle Dev said.

"Do you have evidence that I killed them? Can you prove it Dev?" Sebastian looked smug, "you are a lawyer after all!"

"I will wait for that day, Sebastian, I will clear Anil's name and bring their deaths justice," he said firmly, stepping back, looking disgusted.

"Are you alright, Nivin?" he turned to me then, his eyes red, I was frozen in my place, Even Rohan and Sachin were stilled in shock.

"I... I am okay," I said.

"Good," Dev turned to an angry Sebastian. "Get everything you need to satisfy your ego, Just let go of the kids, and tell Neev what you did to his Amma, She has totally disappeared from earth now," Uncle Dev said and I snapped back.

"Amma?" I trembled and looked up at him; my heart was going crazy as I prayed that she hasn't died a painful death.

"Joseph Aldrick took her away, if anyone killed her, it is him," Sebastian snickered.

"No, he didn't,"

All of us turned to the door to find Uncle John. "I visited him in the hospital and he told me to find her," Uncle John said firmly. "Because you kidnapped her from his place," he said.

"Dad, You...you were searching for her too?" Rohan asked, looking shocked.

My insides constricted painfully. Riya had told me so many times, she had wanted me to look for my Amma and I didn't!

I am the worst son in this world who didn't look for her. Everyone was searching for her and I was the only one who didn't even want to talk about her.

My heart trembled and eyes filled.

"Well, I will think about returning Riya back if the board meeting go according to my plan, I have no idea about Julia and you can believe whatever you want," Sebastian walked out of the room, looking proud that his plan is totally working, now that everyone is ready to give up easily.

I don't care about anything anymore; there was a storm inside me.

My Amma was suffering all these years while I just destroyed my life, blaming them.

The mom I hated all these years was actually suffering because she loved her family more than her life and the dad I thought had abandoned me, was trying to protect me!

And my wife, the person who pulled me out of the darkness, who lightened my life, She's trapped because of me.

And I, Nivin Rosh James Aldrick, was truly shaken for the first time in my life, my vision blurred as my eyes filled.

I had thought that I am incapable of crying, but hot wet drops flow down my eyes, I couldn't stop it and my heart twisted in pain.

"Nivin," Sachin sounded scared, "we will get Riya back, don't give up!" Sachin clutched my hand tightly.

"And...There... there is a chance that your Amma... is still alive," Rohan said. "It's Riya's...Mamma... they are the same...Riya's...Mamma...she's Aunt Julia."

"What?" Both Uncle Dev and Uncle John said, shocked, I looked at him, still frozen in my spot.

My Amma is Riya's Mamma?
----------------------------

15/9/2018

Updated especially for @Brijnan for passionately following this story ;)

Guys,

Don't forget to share B&B with your friends :) and to follow me!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro