#60 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Happy Sunday :)

Naina.

I woke up before my usual time and looked at my phone.

5:35 am.

I was tossing and turning all day yesterday and I am still restless.

Deep down I know what my problem is, but I don't know why it is bothering me this much.

Rohan is leaving today...

It's not like I have my memories back, But warning bells kept ringing inside me.

You are going to regret it if you don't stop him...He was a part of your life, a big part...

But I don't remember anything!

I closed my eyes tightly and pulled the blanket over my head.

I looked around the breakfast table. Everyone was there except for Rohan.

Where's he? I thought his flight is in the evening?

"Are you okay chechi? You don't look good!" Danny said.

Huh! I really thought I hide the dark circles...

"I am okay," I told him and turned back to my food.

"Where's Rohan?" Riya asked the question I wanted to ask.

"He left early in the morning, He wanted to see a client before he goes abroad," Uncle John said.

"He said he is not good with goodbyes," Nivin said as he moved the glass to Riya. "He's leaving directly from there," he said.

My heart sank.

Not even goodbye!?

"Can you stop Rohan? I don't want him to stay away from home for long," Auntie Alice turned to Uncle John and said.

"It was his wish to go; we need someone efficient to look after the international deals,"

"Once he signs the papers, He can't stop it midway, He will need to stay away at least 2 years... we can't break off the contract with other companies," Neev said firmly.

Uncle John looked at him.

"I thought he will be coming home frequently?"Auntie Alice looked tensed now.

"That's after you become an expert like Uncle John, Rohan is just starting there, they wouldn't like it if we keep changing the directors, He will need to stay until he gains their approval,"

"Stop it Neev," Riya placed her hand on top of Nivin's "You are worrying Auntie Alice," she whispered.

"Okay, we have news from the hospital, father is okay now. He just needs physiotherapy to rehabilitate his leg."

"But you said he's not coming back home," Danny said.

"Yea, he's taking his time; let's give him some time before we bring him back,"

Apparently, Grandpa has decided to stay away from the family now.

"We can go and visit him then, let's make it easy for him to come back," Auntie Alice said.

"That's a good idea, Neev, I think he wants to see you," Uncle John looked at him.

"I talked to his doctor and He seems to recover fine, there's nothing else I can do for him," Neev said coldly.

"Neev," Riya exclaimed.

"I can't visit him," he said firmly.

So everyone dropped the subject like that.

"Rohan is taking the flight at 2:30, Call him if you want to talk to him, Auntie,"

"What! I thought he is going at 5 in the evening? He doesn't even want to say goodbye to his mother now!?" Auntie Alice looked outraged.

But it was too much for me.

I don't know why I am feeling like crap.

It's not like Rohan is leaving me; In fact, He tried his maximum to hold on to me, I was the one who was acting stubborn.

"Let him free now, Alice, He's not a small kid anymore," Uncle John said.

I slipped out of the chair as everyone was still in discussion.

I looked at the clock.

8:45 am.

Rohan is leaving in the afternoon flight... he is leaving in a few hours...

Why do I feel like running after him?

Run after him and then what?

What am I going to tell him?

I still don't have my memories back.

Riya.

"Why did you do it? Naina was already tensed enough!"

"I wanted to let her think that he's leaving early," Neev shrugged.

"What! You were intentionally doing that!?"

"I wanted to know if she will get swayed, and I was right, she looked worried,"

"You were just lying then?" I asked him wide-eyed and he grinned.

"Do you think Rohan will leave before visiting Naina? He's is visiting an important client with Sachin today,"

"It's a holiday,"

"Well he needs to hand over the deal to Sachin before leaving, so he needs to take Sachin there,"

"What! So you were really lying to scare Naina!"

Naina.

I was mixing the colours and it didn't look right.

I put down the brush in irritation.

"What's it chechi? You look... frustrated?"

"Danny! You scared me," I put my hand against my heart. "It's just that I can't get the right colour," I told him.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Are you distracted about something?" he asked me.

I looked up.

"No," I lied and got up, "I will see you, I think it's not the best of time to paint."

I walked back before Danny could say or ask anything.

It's the first time... first time that painting is not relieving me. I can't even concentrate on painting!

I looked at my phone.

11:53 am.

"Naina, Are you here?" Riya asked me and I snapped back to the present.

"What?"

Everyone watched me; we all are having lunch together since it is a holiday.

"Sorry... I... err..." I cleared my throat and looked at her. "What's it?" I asked again.

"We are moving back to the penthouse, Riya and I would be glad to have you with us," Neev said.

"Why do you have to take everyone away, let chechi stay here," Danny said, looking Irritated. "l am feeling bored here," he said. "It has been too empty after you moved to your penthouse," he said.

"Thank you Danny... but I can't stay anymore," I told him, then turned to Riya and Neev.

I am not stupid not to notice the air around them, they deserve some time alone.

I don't want to ruin their honeymoon phase.

"I found a house, it's nearby my workplace, don't worry," I said firmly.

"But Priy... Naina-"

"Don't worry about me Riya; whenever I need anyone, I have all of you," I said.

Riya nodded slowly, now realising that I am not going to change my mind.

"Auntie, do you want to talk to Rohan before he goes?" Neev looked at Auntie Alice, I listened.

"No!" she said, looking angry. "If he can decide things like that, I don't want to talk to him," she said.

"Okay... I was just wondering since he will be boarding the flight within half an hour," he said, looking at his watch.

Then everyone turned back to their own discussions.

I felt suffocating.

Seriously!

That's it?

No one is going to talk to him or think about him?

I looked at the clock.

1:45 pm.

"Where... where's him?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Then regretted instantly as every pair of eyes turned to me.

"I... I..." I hate myself for doing this to me.

Think of something or they are going to look at you like that!

"I want to return something to him," I said quickly as everyone looked curious.

"Don't worry about it; he would have been here if it's important-"

"It's important to give it back to him," I cut across Neev.

"Okay... I will talk to him and see if he's still there," Neev nodded and I rose out of my seat.

I wanted to run away from everyone, I walked inside.

I entered my room and I pressed my temples as a headache started.

It usually happened whenever I try to think of the past, but I don't know why it is starting now all of a sudden when I am not even thinking about the past.

It happens whenever the situation is stressful...

Is it that much stress to me? I can't even remember him, but why is it affecting me like this?

I walked to the drawer and opened it.

I pulled out the jewellery box.

I looked down at the jewellery box in my hand; I still don't know what to do with it.

I took a deep breath and opened it slowly.

I stared at the beautiful ring inside. The stone was green which was surrounded by tiny white stones.

At first, it was just a beautiful ring to me, the sunlight through the window touched the stone and it sparkled, igniting something inside my mind.

I trembled as my heart went out of my control.

"Auntie, Did I ever have an emerald ring?"

I remember asking her.

How can it be? There's no way!

I have sketched the exact model in my book.

Is... Is it the same?

I take it out of the box and slowly tried it on my ring finger, it was a correct fit.

I looked deep into the stone. I know it sounds crazy, but I started to hear voices in my head.

"Do you like it?"

"Wha... what's this?" my voice trembled.

"I wanted to get you a diamond ring first, but see this stone, the green fire in the depth of it reminded me of you," he said.

"Emerald!? Is it a real stone!? God! Are you crazy? How much did you spend?" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

"It's not just emerald, it's the best one from the city of emeralds and it's not fragile like they say, it's made by the best cutting in a perfect setting, it's as hard as diamond," he stopped. "This might be my last gift to you," he added.

"There was no need for you to spend all of your money on this! Why did you waste so much money on something like this?"

He dragged me to him," I am trying to propose right now," he said and my heart trembled, "Let's get married, Naina..." he slipped the ring on my ring finger. "Run away with me, I promise, I will love you forever."

I opened my eyes in shock, I was taking deep breaths, I could still see the flashes in my mind, not clear, but definitely there.

"R... Rohan..." I whispered.

Neev.

"What?" I said on the phone.

"Rohan is not there yet?" I looked at my watch.

Rohan was supposed to be with Sachin, but it seems like he's not there yet.

Don't tell me that he already left!

"I am still waiting for him here, His phone is switched off," Sachin told me through phone, "I was wondering why he's not here yet."

"I need to go then, I will talk to you later,"

"Go through his laptop at the company and see if he was planning anything," Sachin said.

"It might be too late then, but we have no other way, I guess." I disconnected the call.

"What's wrong? Where's Rohan?" Riya asked me anxiously and I looked in the rear-view mirror.

Naina was listening, her face filled with worry.

"He isn't with Sachin," I said slowly.

"Rohan... left?" Naina asked.

I turned the car.

"His flight is in the evening," I said, "So he's supposed to be still here," I said.

Unless he decided to leave earlier!

Naina slumped down.

"What if he... he left already?" she asked and her voice shook.

"His phone is still switched off," Riya looked at me from her phone, "Do you think that he planned to go earlier?" she looked at me.

"No," I said, praying that I am right, "he would at least call me before boarding; He wouldn't like to worry others."

"It's... It's my fault," Naina whispered, "I... I didn't stop him,"

"Don't give up," Neev turned the car, "Let's find him."

Naina.

Let's say our farewell now... be happy with your life...

His final words rang inside me.

"He... he said his farewell yesterday night, He... he planned to do this..." I whispered, my eyes started to fill again.

I am still shaken by the glimpses I am getting inside my head. It's not that I have recovered my memories, but I know enough that Rohan is an important part of my life.

If I let him go now, I will regret it forever.

A part of me will be always missing.

I wiped my eyes again.

It's my fault for not stopping him.

"For me, you are as good as my wife..."

He looked so much in pain when he said that. He tried everything to get back together with me.

Neev stopped the car and I looked around, we were at our place that Rohan and I shared before.

I wiped my eyes and followed Riya and Neev out of the car.

"If he's not here, I don't know where else to find him," Neev said before pressing the bell continuously.

"Neev..." Riya was looking at the door, "It's locked, no one's home." she whispered and my world collapsed.

My vision became blurry and my heart seemed bursting.

He left me...

Rohan went abroad...

"Naina! Are you alright?" Riya supported me.

"Don't worry Naina, I can still go after him, I will talk to him," Neev said.

"Come on, let's go back," Riya lead me back to our car.

I followed silently, trying my best to control my emotions.

You don't understand Neev... It takes me a hell lot of courage to do this and he's gone... I don't think I have the confidence to face him again.

I already caused him enough pain that he was willing to go away from his home.

"No," I shook my head. "Don't do that; let's go back home," I said.

"But Naina-"

"No Riya, It's over... he left,"

"Or he's still on his way, let's go to the airport, let's try one last time," Neev accelerated the car.

"But we don't know anything about-"

"Sachin is right, let's go to the company and see if there's anything in his laptop, if he planned to go earlier, we can see the details there,"

"It might be too late then," Riya said.

"We have nothing to lose, fasten your seatbelts and hold on," he said and we flew forward.

"I am... I am sorry Naina..." Neev looked disappointed. "There's... nothing here, it seems like he was well planned," he said.

My heart twisted in pain.

I had expected this, but it's still hurting me.

I want to be alone... I can't bear to look at their helpless look.

"Naina-" Riya started but Neev took hold of her hand.

"The restroom is over there, we will wait for you in the car," he said.

I was really grateful that he's giving me time.

I really wanted to be left alone for a moment, until I get myself back together.

I nodded and walked.

It's okay... calm down...

It seems like we are not fated to be together, it's the second time we are getting separated.

I can't go after him... I will only get hurt...

Since it was a holiday, the corridor was deserted and I was glad about it.

I don't want anyone to see me like this.

I pulled open the door and stilled as I look at him.

Rohan?

Great! Now I am starting to hallucinate too!

I wiped my eyes.

"Naina?"

I looked up at him.

He was still there, looking shocked.

He's not vanishing!

"You are still... here!?"

"What are you doing h-" he stopped as I ran to him.

"Rohan," I flung my arms around him. "You... you are here... you didn't go!" I whispered.

"Naina, Are you alright?" he tried to look at me, But I just tightened my grip around him.

"Don't go..." I said, my whole body was shaking and I had to force the words out, "Don't go... please don't go,"

"Okay..." Rohan hugged me back to him, "It's alright, please relax-"

"I am so sorry... I don't remember... I am sorry... I... I hurt you, I am sorry-"

"Shh... It's okay... calm down," he pulled me tightly to him and we stayed like that.

Until...

"So we don't have to continue this meeting, right sir?"

I jerked out of his hand and then turned around to find a group of people all looking back at us.

I recognised Sushand, Cijoy and shiaz as I have met them when they came home to visit Neev and Rohan for work.

My face flamed and I took a step back, But Rohan pulled me back to him, possessively.

"Today's meeting is dismissed gentlemen, Have a good holiday," he said as everyone cheered, clapping.

"Thank you, Ma'am..."

"It's too much sir, you were adamant to go even when we wanted you to stay,"

"Please make him a bit softer Ma'am; he can be really scary sometimes-"

"Out of the room everyone! Now!" he shouted and everyone walked out.

Rohan.

I turned to Naina, who was still looking embarrassed and I chuckled.

She looks adorable.

"Are you here to stop me?" I asked her and she didn't make eye contact.

I stepped closer and pulled her chin up gently, forcing her to look at me.

"Why do you want to stop me going abroad?" I asked.

Yes... I want to hear it from her.

She looked flustered now.

"I... I thought... you... you really left," she trembled.

I took my handkerchief and she outstretched her hands to me, thinking that I am giving it to her.

I took her outstretched hands and pulled her to me.

I wiped her eyes and she looked startled.

"Are you here for me?" I asked her again and she quickly took a step back.

"Everyone wants you to... stay,"

"Does it include you too?" I asked her, closing the space between us.

She nodded, looking flustered at the closeness.

"You were crying for me?" I asked again and she looked up.

"Uh, I mean... I am not glad to make you cry... but, I have to admit that I am... touched that you cried for me..."

"Let's... let's go back now-"

"Wait," I pulled her to me in a tight hug and she gasped, going still in my hands.

"I am so glad you came for me, I was going crazy inside... I was forcing myself to stay away or I know I will scare you," I said and she relaxed slightly.

"I love you, Naina," I said and her body jerked slightly.

Then she said those words I thought I would never hear again.

"I... I love you too, Rohan..." she said and I looked down at her face, She was still in my hands.

"What did you say?" I looked into her eyes.

"When I thought you left me, It hurt me too much... I was in so much pain, I felt empty and alone," she said, "and I realised that... somewhere deep inside... I still keep you inside,"

It was too much for me.

I could see that love in her eyes. I pulled her closer and lowered my head to her, inching slowly to her lips.

I was only a breath away as she whispered.

"Ro...han... I... I want to take it slow this time." she said and I stilled.

"Okay..." I nodded after a moment.

I leaned back slightly and took a step back.

"Whatever you want," I said and she looked relieved.

I took her hand and kissed her knuckles softly.

"I love you," I said and her eyes widened.

"We will take it slow like you wan-" I stopped as someone pushed open the door.

"Rohan, You were still here! Why didn't you answer your bloody phone?" Nivin looked angry.

"I was busy with the meeting," I said.

"I thought you were supposed to meet at Sachin's place?"

"Yes, But then the planning department juniors wanted to get the papers and I decided to do it here, it was much more convenient and I was planning to stop by Sachin's place after this, we still have time,"

"Great, you were making everyone-"

"Neev, everything is okay, give them some time now," Riya appeared beside him.

"Riya, I am so glad that you are his wife," I said quickly. "Now please take your thoughtless husband out of here,"

"Will you be okay?" Riya looked at Naina.

"She's mine, Of course, she will be okay," I said as I wrapped my hands around her.

Naina looked shocked while Neev and Riya nodded.

"All the best, sister-in-law, everyone thinks Rohan is so cool, but you will soon know his temper now, he's actually more stubborn than me," he said before going out with Riya, who waved us a goodbye on her way.

I turned to Naina and took her hand.

"Let's go, I don't want to waste any more time," I said.

We walked hand in hand and I felt like the happiest man on the earth.

I never thought that our situation will turn out like this.

Both of our phones beeped, I refused to let go of her and ignored my phone.

"It's an invitation from Amy and the gang, they want to celebrate our victory against Sebastian."

Neev.

"Cheers!" we all raised our glasses.

All of us were dining near the sky pool at our place, celebrating our victory.

Everything was back to normal, the company too.

"Thank you so much, guys..." Rohan said, looking around, especially at the gang now, "we couldn't have done it without your help,"

"Ha, it was actually fun, we should thank you guys," Sid said.

"We were able to trap Sebastian because you guys were fast," Sachin nodded.

"Q-TV have a high rating now, Tell your dad to get me a new racing bike," Rick said proudly, He was the one who hacked to broadcast the incident live.

Amy looked at him, "Everyone is having fun, I see..." she said darkly.

"What happened, Amy?" Naina looked at her, sensing something.

"She's going to be punished by her dad," Sid grinned.

"Punished?" Sachin looked at her.

"I need to work in his company for the next six months... 'until I learn a lesson'," Amy said and I could see that Sachin is trying to hide his smile.

"You are not the only one going back, now that the project is over, I need to go back to my company too," Sachin tried to console her.

"It's different! You are the COO of Hi-life, Everyone listens to you in your company! I am joining as some kind of intern again, you don't know how difficult it is to follow your chiefs all day!" She looked at him, "This is all your fault," she pointed her finger at him, looking a little bit drunk.

"Whoa! What did I do?" Sachin said innocently, "I think your dad is trying to get you back to reporting again,"

"Well... that's not going to happen," Amy said firmly.

"Why not?" Sachin turned to her. "I think you look your best when you are reporting, hot and sexy too," Sachin winked.

"I can get a truckload of guys without being a reporter, Sachin." she retorted.

"Thank you, Amy..." Naina looked at her. "My Uncle and Auntie would have tried to take me away without that interview; they would've locked me up in a mental asylum,"

"We never aired that interview Naina, it's nothing to thank me for," Amy mumbled.

"It was our only weapon against them," Naina said and looked around.

Riya.

Naina looked too emotional today. I watched as she looked at everyone.

"I want to thank all of you," Naina speaks up and I was surprised, she used to avoid any type of conversation with others. "You helped me, thank you, I... I had... social phobia, after my accident, I didn't trust myself to talk in front of anyone because... even I didn't know who I really was," she stopped.

Everyone was watching her.

"When I met... Rohan," she looked at him and Rohan looked surprised, "I... I knew... that no matter who I was, there's someone who's ready to accept me as I am, even ready to start afresh, Ready to keep all the past memories for the both of us..." Naina wiped her eyes.

"Naina..." Rohan looked vulnerable now.

"I... I remember... parts of it, Rohan, it kept flashing through my mind, like a dream... I am sorry... I can't remember... I know it's not fair-"

"Do you know what's important to me? You are alive and safe! That's what's important to me Naina; you don't know what I went through when I heard you were dead! So what if you can't remember anything, Naina, we can create hundreds... no, thousands of memories together again," Rohan stopped and everyone else cheered, "And if you forget again, Naina, I am ready to start again, because if you are with me, Nothing else matters to me," he added, wiping her eyes slowly.

"You are being petty, Rohan, It's the cheapest confession I have ever heard." Jason said, "Someone else had nagged us day and night just to pick up a ring for-"

"Hey!" Nivin shouted and everyone laughed.

"That's true!" Sid supported Jason, "you enslaved us to arrange everything! You owe us, man!"

"You guys are paying back for that very correctly, turning up at the worst of time and all," Nivin said sweetly.

"Neev!" I hissed.

"Ooh... so that's our cue to leave? It was a mistake to advise him on relationship guys..." Rick said.

Soon, pretty much everyone was drunk.

Uncle Manoj came to pick up Naina and Rohan.

Yes, all of us somehow convinced her to stay at Aldricks, for one thing, she doesn't want to come and stay with Neev and me since she feels like "Intruding".

And another thing is, Auntie Alice has practically tightened her grip on her, not allowing her to even look for an apartment.

I think she's worried about Rohan, She has seen what's going to happen if something happened to Naina.

"Let's go for the second round at our clubhouse,"

"I need to start working tomorrow," Amy groaned, "I need to go." she started to collect her phone and things.

"I will call my driver, goodbye," Sachin said.

"Drop Amy at her place, we are going the opposite side," Rick said.

"Yea... Don't let her drive, drop her off, We are going to the clubhouse to continue," Jason said.

"She's got a truckload of... guys... to look after her... tell... them," Sachin said.

"That's right," Amy said, her voice was high pitched, "A truckload of guys..." she slurred.

"Riya... come on," Neev took my hand and walked inside.

"But everyone is just leaving-"

"Shh..." he pulled me inside and pressed his finger to my lips.

"But they are-" I stopped as he pressed me to the wall.

"Neev," I whispered as I saw his eyes.

"Let's worry about others another time," he placed his hand under my chin and rose up my head slightly, "Right now, I just want to love you," he said as he closed the distance between us.

Sachin.

"You are drunk!" I stated, I am a bit drunk too, but Amy looked really drunk.

"I am not," Amy told me matter of factly, "just lemme go... tell the guys that you dropped me home,"

"And where the hell are you going?" I pulled her back.

"I... need to get drunk... this is my last day being a free bird... my dad is gonna enslave me there, Sachin," she said and I pushed her inside my car.

"Hey!" she shouted.

I ignored the curses that followed and gave her address to my driver.

"Sachin Dixit!" she tried to get out of the moving car and I pulled her back.

"I will drink with you," I said as I fastened her seatbelt and she stilled.

"Right... you pushed me to report...again... so you should take... responsibility!" Amy said

"Is it that bad?" I looked at her, "reporting?"

"I... I killed someone Sachin," she whispered now, looking terribly hurt, "I killed someone, I hate to go there too... to the company... they are... only going to ruin people... going to kill people... I don't want to destroy others anymore..." she said and I watched her.

She looked seriously terrified and I realised that she's really affected by that incident, more than she's snowing outside.

She's still blaming herself for that guy's death...

I know that it was not her fault; unfortunately, it was Amy who convinced him to give an interview.

They were going to kill him with or without that interview, but she's not going to take it that way...

"I am sorry Amy," I told her. "I wouldn't have forced you if I knew that you are this concerned over that," I said. "But you know it too, it was not you, He was going to be killed with or without your report, he made a choice to let the world know about drug mafia before he got killed, it was a right thing-"

"Sachin," Amy looked up at me, "I couldn't save him... I promised that I will try to find him a place to hide... I couldn't save him," Amy started to cry and I didn't know what to do.

I wiped her tears and looked deep into her eyes.

"You can't save everyone you have to work with, Amy, it's not your fault," I hugged her to me, "It's not your fault..." I whispered.

"Sir, we are here," my driver said and I sighed.

Looks like I can't leave her in this state!

"HOW DARE YOU!"

I winced at the loud voice and tried to move, but there was some sort of barrier in my bed.

"GET UP! NOW,"

I groaned when it disturbed me again.

"Shut up-... Aaargh! What the F**k," I bolted up as cold water was thrown over me.

...And stilled.

"What's going on?" I heard another voice and froze.

"Amy!"

"Sachin!?"

And both of us screamed, Now fighting for the blanket as I watched the elderly man at the foot of the bed, a jug of water still in his hands, he looked murderous.

"Both of you!" he pointed his hands towards us, "Get dressed and meet me in five minutes!" he shouted and I flinched.

"It's... It's a misunderstanding, Dad," Amy said quickly and I stared at her.

Dad?

Did I hear it right?

I turned to the angry man who was still looking murderous and recognised the CEO of Q-TV.

God! Kill me now!

--------------------------------

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro