Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

May Allah spare our lives to celebrate more of this day. Taqaballahu Minna wa Minkum* 🤲

Eid Mubarak, darlings🌹

Momentarily, Larai was taken aback by his words, for she did not expect he would say it at that time.

She searched his eyes for dishonesty, but all she found, was sincerity. "But you left me." Tears brimmed up in her eyes. "You claim to love me, but the moment I pushed you away, you left, without even turning back. What you have for me is infatuation, not love! How could you possibly love a village girl like myse—"
"
I didn't leave, because you pushed me away. My things are still in my house here.."

Larai huffed.

"I left because I had an important business proposal I had to present. I wanted to tell you I'd be leaving, but you were avoiding me like the plague. There was no way I could tell you. My work here is done. I only returned to this village, because of you, Larai. Only because of you. I am not a quitter. I know you love me too and for this one reason, I'm willing to fight the world for you. I don't care if your parents have already decided to force you into getting married to that psycho, they will have to change their decision. I'm here to make sure that happens. And what did you say? What I have for you is not infatuation. From the depths of my heart, I love you, Larai. I always will."

"I'm sorry..." She sobbed. "I thought—"

"I already know the answer to this, but I want you to give me an answer today: I love you, Larai. Do you love me too?"

"Yes, but—"

A knowing smile appeared on Yusuf's face. "That's all I wanted to hear. Now let's go!"

"Where are we going this time?"

"We're going to your parent's house. I'm going to introduce myself to your father as your suitor and his future son-in-law." He proclaimed.

"Wait...what? Are you crazy?"

He shrugged. "I might be, but I'm definitely doing this."

"Baaba isn't just anyone you can barge in on and talk to. He is headstrong. He has given Zakari his words that I will be his wife and Baaba is a man of his words. He never goes back on them. You will only make him furious."

"Are you afraid?" He stopped to ask.

"It's not like that. I just don't want to hurt my parents. I have already accepted my fate, Yusuf. You should as well. Go back to the city, find a nice, beautiful girl, and get married to her. Live your life and forget all about this village girl."

"Our fates are intertwined. I can't do all the things you just mentioned. The next time I leave this village, then that would be me leaving to get my parents over for the wedding formalities."

In as much as Larai wanted to have fate in his words, she couldn't. Her marriage had been predestined to happen. Yusuf could try, but he would never succeed in changing Baaba's words. "I'm not going to allow you see—"

"This isn't right, Larai! You're old enough to stand up to them, even if there are your parents. They have absolutely no right to force you to marry someone you don't want to. It's haram. (Forbidden). It's not allowed in Islam. Don't let anybody force you into a marriage with that beast. Come with me let's talk to your father. I don't know what the outcome would be, but I'm positive it'd be in our favor. Don't be afraid, I'm here with you. We will do the talking together."

Larai vehemently shook her head. "I don't think I can do this."

"Of course you can." He encouraged; a smile tugging on his lips. "This is your future we're talking about here. I won't sit back and watch you ruin it.
Not by your father or by anyone else. Not even by you."

"No! I can't do it." Larai shook her head. "Call me a coward if you want, that's fine, but I won't be able to go against my father. I just can't.

"Fine then. I'm going to go to your house and talk to your father alone." He decided.

"Wai—"

"You can't stop me today. My mind is already made up." With that being said, he turned around and walked away.

Larai was left with no choice, but to follow him, but due to how scared she was to face her family, she hid behind the palm tree close to their fence and watched from afar, as Yusuf pushed the sack curtain aside and walked into the compound. "This isn't right. Baaba will surely kill me today." She placed both her hand over her head and stamped her feet on the ground.

"Peace be unto you." Yusuf's voice echoed throughout the compound.

His gaze trailed around for someone—anyone, but no one could be seen. "Peace be unto you." He repeated, walking closer to one of the huts in the middle of the compound—Nna's. "Is anyone around?"

A gasp from behind made him turn around to a shocked Azumi. "I know you." She stated; her brows wrinkled.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, walking towards him. "Did you come to see ya Larai? She's not back from the stream yet."

"No, dear." Yusuf smiled. "I didn't come to see ya Larai today. I came to see your parents. I have something very important I need to tell them. Are they around?"

"Baaba isn't back from the farm yet and Nna, she's in her hut. I think she's sleeping."

"Could you please check for me? If she's asleep, then I'll come back some other day, but if she isn't, I want you to tell her she has a visitor, waiting outside for her." He instructed.

"Okay, but what's your name?" The inquisitive child asked. "Are you Ya Larai's friend?"

"My name is Yusuf and yes, I'm your sister's friend, but there's more to it." He whispered. "Do you want to hear it?"

She nodded with a zealous fervor.

"Come closer." He motioned and she did. He then crouched a little and whispered in her ear. "I'm going to be your brother-in-law soon."

Azumi's eyes widened and she pulled back. "But you're not the one Ya Larai is getting married to in three days."

"Things are about to change for the better." He smiled. "Now, please, go ahead and call your mother for me."

At first, she seemed reluctant, but nonetheless, she nodded and walked into the hut.

Shortly later, Azumi emerged from the hut, alongside Nna

"Good afternoon, ma." Yusuf greeted and slightly bowed his head in respect.

"Who are you?" Nna gazed tentatively at him.

"My name is Yusuf. I came to—"

"Yusuf?" Nna abruptly cut him off and walked up to him. "Please leave right now."

"But, ma, I haven't even said what I came here to talk to you about. I promise it won't take much of your time. I just want to speak to you about your daughter."

"I don't want to hear of it. Please get out, before my husband returns." She yelled and pointed to the exit.

"Larai and I are in love. We love each other very much. What you people are trying to do isn't right at all. Allah has forbidden it. You can't force a girl to marry anybody of your choice, simply because you are her parent. She has a right to decline. By forcing her to get married to that old man, you will be ruining her entire life and you'll have no one to blame, but yourself."

"The effrontery!" Nna seethed. "How dare you come into my house and tell me what is right and wrong. What do you know? Before you were born, I have lived life. Before I unleash my anger on you, you better get out of this house. Azumi!" She yelled. "Who told you to let him in."

Azumi flinched and scurried away to hid in the backyard.

"I may not be as old as you, but at this point, I can differentiate right from wrong. Do you even know the kind of man you're willing to sell your daughter to, in the name of marriage? I'm not telling you all these right now because I love your daughter and want her all to myself, but because I'm trying to save her life from being ruined. She's so young. She doesn't deserve this fate. She has dreams she wants to be able to fulfill, so please." He joined his palms together and lowered his head. "Don't make the mistake of getting her married to that man."

"My husband has already made his decision and I cannot change it." She scoffed. "And even if I can, what makes you think I will? This is the tradition that has been going on for generations and generations.

Obviously, you're not from his village or any of the neighboring villages, I don't expect you to get it."

"I don't nee—"

"Enough, young man!" Nna hollered.

"You've said enough. I'm done arguing with the likes of you. I want you to leave my house right now."

"I will leave today, but I swear, I will be back and I will stop the wedding from happening." With that said, he turned to leave, but at the sight before him, he halted in his tracks.

Baaba's gaze traveled from the stranger to his wife and finally settled on his wife. "Who is this man?" He asked, bemused.

Assalamualaikum/hello!

Eid Mubarak once again. May Allah bless each and every one of us 🙏

1k reads in a bit 💃💃💃 keep voting, comment and sharing 🥂

I'm accepting sallah gifts o 🥺❤️

See you in the next chapter 🥰

deey_jah
❤️❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro