49 - Bad Daddy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Draco treated me like I was extra precious cargo; constantly opening doors for me, refusing to let me carry anything and frustratingly of all - withholding all bedroom activity.

"I just don't want to hurt the baby," he explained to me one night when I practically screamed at him to fuck me.

"BUT I'M HORNY!" I yelled, crying real tears of frustration.

The following day, I presented him with all this medical information that I had researched and printed off, all of which claimed it was perfectly safe to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy. But Draco still wasn't having it.

"When the baby is born you can have all the sex you like my dear, but for now I think the rest will do us - and the baby - good."

And with that, he laid back, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

I frustratedly tossed my pillow to the other side of the bedroom.

"Well you were trying for nearly four years." Neville said when I moaned about it to him and Hermione over coffee at their house the following morning. "The poor git is probably exhausted."

"You mean he's using this bullshit about not wanting to hurt the baby just so he can get a break from sex?" I asked, feeling ridiculously offended.

"Pretty much, yeah." Neville shrugged, taking an unnecessary irritatingly noisy sip of his coffee.

The sound of giggling drifted through from the sitting room where Scorp and Rose sat watching cartoons together.

Hugo started wailing on Hermione's lap upon hearing his sister. "Rosie!" He sobbed. "Want Rosie!"

"Shhh Hugo, leave them be," Hermione cooed soothingly. "You know you'll just end up annoying them again."

This just made him cry harder and I couldn't help but smile at the idea of Scorp having an 'annoying' little sibling to bicker with.

My hand went to my stomach where it had only just started slightly protruding. In just under seven months time, I thought, as my heart gave a small flutter, he would have exactly that.

"Is Daddy a bad man, Mummy?"

I slammed my foot on the brake in shock, making both Scorp and I lurch forwards in our seats. Draco had insisted I learn to drive a Muggle car, not wanting me to risk Apparation whilst I was pregnant.

Only I don't think he had anticipated what a shit driver I was.

I craned my head round to look questioningly at my platinum blond haired son as angry drivers blared their horns around us.

"Why would you say that, Scorp? Of course Daddy is not a bad man."

He shrugged, casting his eyes downwards as he did so. "Rosie says Daddy did bad things."

"What?!" I felt a sudden wave of fury; wondering just what the fuck Hermione and Neville were telling their children about Draco.

"What things, Scorp? What exactly did Rose say about Daddy?" I asked forcefully, wondering whether to turn the car right around and march back into the Longbottom's abode to give them a piece of my fucking mind.

Scorp remained silent, looking at me uncomfortably; almost fearfully.

I decided to change tack; softening my demeanour towards him. "Look Scorp, Mummy isn't cross with you, but I need to know exactly what Rosie said about Daddy. Do you think you can tell Mummy, please? I promise I won't be angry. I just need to know, darling."

"She- she said Daddy tried to make you dead." He whispered, his bottom lip quivering as tears filled his anxious grey eyes.

I felt the world tip slightly and I clutched the steering wheel tight as a red mist clouded my vision.

Trying my damnedest not to show Scorp how fucking furious I felt, I took a few deep breaths before turning the car around.

"Wait in the car, Scorp," I said, after I'd parked back outside Neville and Hermione's. "Mummy won't be long."

"Oh hey, Ronnie," Hermione smiled as she opened the door. "Did you forget some-"

"I need to speak to Rose." I said, cutting her off abruptly as my voice shook dangerously.

"Um, Ronnie, what's wrong? Has something happened?" Hermione asked, making no attempt to move as her brow furrowed in a frown.

"How does she know about Draco?" I snapped. "How does your fucking four year old daughter know that Draco accidentally poisoned me at school?"

"Okay, calm down, Ronnie," Hermione said calmly. "I'm sure there's a reasonable explana-"

"MY LITTLE BOY JUST ASKED ME IF HIS DADDY IS A BAD MAN!" I bellowed, anger swirling all inside of me. "HE THINKS THAT HIS DADDY TRIED TO KILL HIS MUMMY!"

"Is everything okay out there, Hermy?" Neville's bodiless voice sounded from inside the depths of the house.

"NO IT FUCKING ISN'T!" I hollered, knowing I was being over the top but not being able to help myself.

"Please, Ronnie, calm down, think of your baby." Hermione implored, looking fearful.

Neville's head popped up behind her.

"Ronnie, what's going on?" He asked, his face creased in concern. "I'm not being funny but our children can hear you and you're scaring them."

"Oh! I'm scaring them, am I?" I laughed incredulously. "Well how about you be more careful about what you say in front of them, because your daughter has just informed my very upset son that his daddy is a bad man!"

"I can sure assure you Ronnie, that we have said nothing of the sort about Draco." Neville said sternly, placing a hand protectively on Hermione's shoulder. "You know Hermione and I have been nothing but supportive of you both."

"Well someone has been saying something because how did she know?!" I sniped, still shaking in fury.

Neville and Hermione glanced at each other and passed a knowing, guilty look.

"What?! What is it?! You know something!" I pushed, looking from the both of them as their faces dropped.

"Harry," they both said in unison.

"I'm going to fucking kill him!"

Draco was pacing up and down in front of our sitting room fireplace, angrily driving a hand through his hair.

"Believe me, you're not alone in wanting to do that." I muttered bitterly, my anger still very much boiling away.

Draco paused and looked over at me. "You stay away from him, I don't want him upsetting you; not in your condition."

"For fuck's sake Draco, I'm not made of fucking china; I'm pregnant!" I cried, starting to feel really pissed off with his over protectiveness. "When I was carrying Scorp, I travelled across searing hot deserts on fucking camels for crying out loud!"

A look I couldn't quite read flitted over Draco's features. He opened his mouth as though about to say something, but then changed his mind, resuming his pacing instead.

"Jealousy, that's what it is," he muttered, seemingly deciding to go back to talking about Harry. "Can't stand the fact that Longbottom's kid likes our Scorp over his rotten offspring."

"Hey, excuse me but his 'rotten offspring' happen to be my niece and nephews!"

"Oh shit, yeah." He shrugged apologetically. "I forget that."

"Draco, what are we going to do about Scorp?" I asked, sighing exhaustedly. "He didn't want to go to bed tonight, and when I asked him why, he said it was because he was frightened about you coming home and hurting me."

Draco's face crumpled. "I would never..." he breathed, his voice cracking in his horror, "he needs to know I would never harm a hair on either of you."

"I know, Draco," I said instantly, stepping over to cup my hand tenderly to his cheek. "I told him that. But he's four years old; nearly five, and he's getting to that age when he starts listening to the world around him but still to young to understand why."

"Then we need to keep him away from Rose," Draco said firmly, his features pinched into a hardened expression. "I will not allow Potter to get to our son anymore."

"Wait- Draco, no," I said, my hand dropping as panic filled me at the thought of losing another friend. "Scorp loves her! And I love- I love-"

And quite unexpectedly, I found myself breaking down into horrendous sobs.

"Ronnie, don't- don't cry," Draco murmured gently, reaching out for me and pulling me to his chest, "I'm not suggesting this to punish you, but right now our son is lying in his bed terrified of his own father. And who knows what other poison Potter has been dripping in Rose's ears. I just don't want to risk Scorp being around her anymore. Please, you do understand that, don't you?"

I looked up at him, seeing the pain and anguish rife in his eyes. None of this was fair, I thought. Draco doesn't deserve this constant punishment for what happened back then.

So even though it hurt my heart; I regretfully agreed to keep Scorp away from Rose.

Harry fucking Potter strikes again.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro