52 - Crackpot Theories

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

No, no, no, NO!

"Oh my heavens, Severus!" Madam Pomfrey gasped; bustling across the room in haste. "Quickly, get him to a bed at once."

I stood frozen; horror rooting me to the spot as I watched Madam Pomfrey assist Snape in laying an unconscious Draco down.

"Blimey," Neville breathed next to me. "What do you think happened?"

But I didn't answer; I couldn't. I was numb with shock as I stared at Draco's limp and bloodied body; my heart feeling as though it had risen up in my throat, choking me.

It was Snape who unknowingly answered Neville's question; explaining to Madam Pomfrey about the cause of the injuries. 

"That imbecile Potter thought it would be a great time to start playing around with dark magic," he drawled as his lip curled up in disgust. "He used a very dangerous curse that is designed to lacerate the target and cause severe haemorrhaging. I've managed to seal the wounds but he's lost a lot of blood, Poppy, and will therefore need to stay in your care for the next couple of days."

I felt the world tip on its axis as a red mist descended down upon my vision.

Potter.

I barely registered the sudden bellows of Snape, who had only just clocked mine and Neville's presence; ordering us out from the room at once.

For I was already heading for the door, anyway; my mind set to hunt down and murder a bastard.

"Blaire, where are you going?" Neville called hurriedly after me as I marched furiously down the corridor; my robes billowing dramatically behind in my wake. "I'm sure Harry didn't mean it!"

But I didn't answer; blood was roaring in my ears and my heart was thumping wildly as anger coursed through my veins.

I strode the hallways with purpose, not stopping as the image of Draco's pale broken body swam before my eyes.

He did that to him.

He, who ever since day one, has treated Draco like something he found on the bottom of his shoe.

Fucking Potter.

I rounded a corner where up ahead Hermione and Ron were walking towards me.

"Oh, hey Blaire," Hermione trilled brightly as I approached them, "I haven't see you at Slug Club in a while-"

"WHERE IS HE?" I bellowed furiously, not caring about the scene I was making. "WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT ARROGANT JUMPED UP LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT?"

"Oh, you mean Harry?" Ron frowned, scratching his head. "Uh- I think just saw him heading to the seventh floor with my sister. Probably shouldn't disturb them, though; they looked like they were going to read a book or something."

I strode on past without another word. Behind me, I could hear Neville's heavy footfalls as he breathlessly tried to catch up.

"Malfoy...hospital..." I heard him wheeze and pant to Ron and Hermione as he collapsed down onto the floor by their feet, "Harry...dead..."

"Are you alright, mate?" came Ron's bemused response, "you sound like you might need a bit of a lie down."

I'd rounded another corner by then, adrenaline spurring me on to go faster; already racing up to the next floor.

The seventh floor.

I kicked open door after door, determined to find that prick and give him what for.

Let me find you, Potter, I kept repeating in my head over and over again, show me where you are, you measly little coward.

And then, unsure if I'd imagined it through my anger or not; a door seemed to appear out of nowhere.

But then again, this was Hogwarts and nothing surprised me about the place. So I went on through.

I stepped into what appeared to be a large cathedral filled with tower upon tower of junk. 

Moving swiftly yet carefully past the teetering piles of crap, I followed the sounds of furtive whispers coming from the depths of the room.

I saw them before they saw me. They were stood in front of a sinister looking cabinet, holding a book between them; their eyes burning into one another, making me feel as though I'd walked in on an intimate moment.

But that couldn't be right. Harry had literally just butchered a fellow student, leaving him for dead. Surely he wouldn't be that callous?

"Close your eyes, that way you can't be tempted." Ginny was saying, her tone soft and alluring. "Close your eyes."

Bile rose up from my stomach as Harry's face flickered with a look of lust, and he readily closed his eyes; eagerly licking his lips in the process.

I waited until Ginny had skipped off out of sight, taking the book with her. Shakily removing my wand from my pocket, I crept towards Harry whose hand quickly shot up to anxiously flatten down his hair; his eyes fortunately remaining closed.

Revulsion ripped through my stomach as I noticed the robes he was wearing were drenched in blood.

Draco's blood.

And here he was hoping to get his rocks off with his best friend's sister; not even bothering to get changed first.

I couldn't quite believe the audacity of this bastard.

Taking a step closer to him, I raised my arm, my wand shaking in anger as I pointed it right in his face.

"Is that you, Ginny?" He panted, sounding rather like an eager dog waiting to go on his walkies. "Can I open my eyes yet?"

"You despicable bastard."

Harry's eyes shot open at the sound of my cold hard voice. He yelped, jumping back in fright at the sight of my raised wand.

I didn't hesitate; a red jet of light shot out from the end as I flicked it, hitting Harry squarely in the chest so that he flew into the air and slammed hard backwards against the cabinet behind him.

He crumpled down to the floor and I immediately stepped over to him, glaring down angrily, my wand still aimed at his pathetic quivering figure.

"Wh- what are you doing?" He said fearfully as his trembling hands reached for his glasses which had come askew across his face. "Wh-where's Ginny?"

"Tell me what spell you used on Draco," I demanded, leaning down close to him so he could see the hatred in my eyes. "Tell me what spell you used to slash open my best friend so that I can do Ginny a favour and use it right now on your pathetic little dick."

"Blaire - NO!"

I glanced up to see the now bookless Ginny pelting towards us, red cheeked and hair swept across her face.

In my moment of distraction, Harry seized the opportunity to quickly move his hands over his crotch; protecting it.

"It was an accident," he whined up at me, as Ginny dove down beside him, panic etched over her features as she checked him over for any sign of injury. "I didn't know what that spell did!"

"You could have killed him!" I spat, fury making my whole body shake. "He's now lying in the hospital wing looking as if he's just done ten rounds with a shredder!"

"I had to protect myself," Harry pouted pitifully, "he was going to use the Cruciatus curse on me."

"Yet when He Who Shall Not Be Fucking Named uses the Killing curse on you, you only think to use Expelliarmus!"

Harry blinked up at me, readjusting his glasses again. "Dumbledore always says fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."

"What the fuck are you on about?" I bellowed, irritation sparking in my chest.

"His name's Voldemort, not He Who Shall Not Be Named." Harry replied pompously. "Always use the proper name for things."

I turned away, the mere sight of him making me want to Avada Kedavra myself.

"Take him away, Ginny. Please, before I give him a reason to use Expelliarmus again."

Ginny readily agreed, ushering Harry to his feet and quickly started to drag him away.

"Malfoy's up to something," Harry said over his shoulder at me as Ginny tried to urge him along, "and I won't rest until I find out what it is. Boys don't cry in bathrooms unless something really bad is on their conscience; or rather - on their left arm."

His green eyes glinted into mine as Ginny gave his arm another furious tug. "Harry, come on! No one wants to listen to your crackpot theories!"

I watched them leave, narrowing my eyes after them; my blood boiling with anger.

I looked back at the cabinet that I had blasted him into with my wand, wishing I'd just used my fist, reckoning it would have been way more satisfying.

I was about to turn away and head back to the hospital wing to Draco, when something silver and shiny on the shelf behind the cabinet caught my eye.

As I stepped over to take a closer look, I realised it wasn't just one thing; it was two.

Two very familiar objects indeed.

My heart thudded as I reached out to pick them up, closing my eyes as I held them so familiarly in my hand.

The Scottie dog and the old boot.

I was flooded with confusion, not understanding how they could come to be here, like this - mine and Draco's pieces.

Draco. My mind wondered back over the past year since summer; Draco's mysterious behaviour; his constant exhaustion and long disappearances.

There was no doubt about it; he'd been here. But why?

My eyes flicked up to the looming cabinet next to me and I felt an unexpected shiver go right down my spine, as though a ghost had just passed right through me.

And I just knew this cabinet was somehow the reason behind it all. I trailed my fingertips over its dark shiny exterior, hoping it could give me answers.

And then I thought about Harry's words, about how he said Draco had been crying in the bathroom... and the remark about his left arm.

Recent memories flashed through my mind, playing like a reel of film in front of my eyes. Draco breaking down after I'd tried to pull his shirt off on Christmas Day; Draco blindfolding me with his tie on my birthday; waking up in his bed the next morning to discover him already dressed; that morning's freak out after I'd mentioned contraception.

And I realised he'd been going to great lengths to prevent me from seeing him undressed.

I looked back down sadly at the monopoly pieces in my hand, focusing on the lonely little Scottie dog, and swallowed.

Despite how much it killed me, I had to reluctantly admit that maybe Harry Potter's theories weren't entirely crackpot, after all.

Because it seemed that Draco Malfoy was, indeed, a Death Eater.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro