Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lucian ordered us to chase after Tanis in the sewers, he was not to escape. Our paws splashed in puddles and our claws tapped against the concrete. I was ahead of everyone else, Tanis had already shot me with three arrows. Two had hit me the other I snapped in between my jaws. I leapt onto the boat it rocked and scrolls fell into the water. He tried to fend me off with the oar but I snapped it into two.  "You will not stop me beast!" he exclaimed. I laughed a growl and pushed him down on the boat,  I tried to bite into his throat but he stabbed me in the side and used the hilt of the dagger to knock me over the head, he pushed my dazed being into the water. 

Two werewolves dragged me from the water and helped me to regain my senses, but by this time Tanis was long gone.  I whined and pined.  Two werewolves helped me back to the council chamber where Lucian stood in the middle with Raze.  I had shifted into my vampire form, one of the werewolves laid me onto the ground. "What happened?" Lucian asked rushing to me.  Two of the other werewolves shifted into their human forms. 

"She took the arrows that he fired our way, she was also stabbed," one said. Lucian went to pick me up but I growled at him. He crouched down and looked me over, he pulled the arrows from me and touched the gaping wound on my side, silver seeped from them. 

"Silver nitrate," he said the flesh on his fingers hissing, he wiped his fingers quickly on his tunic. "That wound is not going to heal we need help. Raze go and see if you can find a vampire that hasn't been killed." He nodded and thudded away leaving us. "You can't lay on the floor." 

"I...I d...don't have a choice," I said. 

"Yes, you do," Lucian said and wrapped his arms around me, another one of the werewolves took my other arm and together they dragged me to my chambers.  I was laid down softly, two werewolves stood at the door while Lucian remained with me. "I am not going to lose you too," he stroked a hand through my tangled and bloodied hair. 

"Y...You won't," I said coughing up silver. A few moments later and Raze came back, he had a guard restrained by his hands.  Lucian grabbed the vampire by the throat and pushed him against the wall. 

"How do we stop this?" he asked pointing to me as steam rose from my skin, as the silver burnt me. The vampire laughed. 

"You have to bleed her, let the silver work its way out," he laughed.

"There must be another way," Lucian said gripping his throat tighter. 

"There isn't," he replied, Lucian, growled and snapped his neck. He looked back at Raze and me. He ran his fingers through his hair.  "Get me a bowl!" he demanded. Raze nodded and took the bowl off the table, he looked at me and I gave him a nod. He made the wound wider and collected the blood, I closed my eyes. "Raze keep your eyes on her don't let her pass out." 

"Okay," he said and sat down on the other side. My blood-tinged as it hit the bowl, as the silver left my body it burnt less when it was nothing but red my wound began to heal itself, Lucian wrapped my wound up and allowed me to rest.

"You did well, and one day we will catch up to Tanis, he will pay," Lucian said. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro