Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi guys! long time no see!

Anyways, this chap is going to be about comics, and the power thy hold.

Remember the time before internet and television existed? The time when people being bored for hours and hours, and that was actually normal? The few things that used to help pass time were books and of course, comics.

If we look at comics, we find that they are a mini bite-sized story. Most comics are serialised, so either they end in cliffhangers or the comic ends solidly, and yet keep you waiting for the next issue.

How many of you have jumped at the thought of reading the new Marvel or DC comics, comparing the two comic-giants, trying to choose favourites, making theories, finding clues in the pictures, cracking up at the jokes? How many of you have waited eagerly to buy the next Tintin or Asterix comics, used Captain Haddock's curses in real life? I know I have!

Comics were a whole new dimension of writing. More dialogue, less boring descriptions, because, Hey! A picture speaks volumes more than mere words! 

God! Who doesn't love a good comic?

But I'm going to tell you what I learn the most from the comics in my country.

No. We didn't the coolest new superheroes. I have managed to live without Iron Man for the past few years, because of the comics in my country.

Ok. You may be asking what's so special about the comics in my country? 

I learnt my whole religion from my comics. That's how awesome they are.

Like no reading through the old scriptures to get the inner-most meaning stuff. Just plain open that comic and read about gods, goddesses, mortals, wars, battles, epics, warriors and magicians and disguises..... Hindu mythology's got it all. I'm truly in love with all those stories!

And the comics enhance it with beautiful pictures, and aptly concentrated morals.

So that's how comics influenced my life. Gave me a new perspective on things. And seriously, witty one-liners and wordings in the comics is much harder than main-stream writing!

Somedays I wish I could make my own comics, but I realised that I cannot draw to save my life. So the ideas are just stored for later.

If you make comics, seriously, kudos to you, please keep trying and never give up.

And for other writers, keep writing, never give up.

One day or one day, it will all fall into place like a puzzle!

Loads of M&Ms!

Ciao 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro