Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sunday

So it's the day, the one you have been dreaming about for a whole week, yearning for it, and barely keeping your sanity for the whole week, just for it.

Sunday.

When it finally does arrive, you cannot describe that happiness, the sultry laziness of the Sunday afternoon, the alluring call of the leisure activity that you have reserved for the day, it may be anything.

I would prefer to curl with a good book(wattpad or a paper-bound book), some pleasant melody in the background, and some good food and drink at my side, just relaxing, escaping from the clutches of reality into another world so rich and vibrant that it does a fantastic job of numbing my racing mind, and filling those holes in my heart.......

Others would have an array of activities reserved for Sunday:

A long and relaxing Bath

A massage

Curling up with Netflix or some other movies

Baking or Cooking

Painting or Drawing or Sketching

Or just plain catching up on their sleep by lounging on the bed...........

It does not matter what you have planned for that day, there is something relaxing planned, nevertheless.

So what would be the enemy on such a Day?

Let me answer that: the persistent doorbell.

Imagine yourself startled from that pristine sensation of otherworldliness by this rude wake-up call. Your brain decides to calm you, reassuring you by saying that it's just the Pizza dude with your order of a 2 pizzas, because, why not? Sunday is after all, the cheat day on your new diet scheme, and when cheating, why not go all out?

So out of that bath you come, or closing that book with a heavy sigh, your heart heavy, a premonition of something bitter burns in your throat, but you can't seem to identify it.

You open the door to find......................................................................................................................

Your relatives. Yeah, the one whom you haven't seen in years, settled in different countries. You may wonder who invited them, but in a family of five or so, it wouldn't be surprise if someone did invite them and forget to mention it.......

So you mask that wince into a grin, usher them in, and assemble the rest of your family and get the conversation flowing. 

The doorbell rings again, and surprise! It's the pizzas! The ones you bought for your tummy and your tummy alone! But look! Your guests look at the pizzas with such hunger and desperation in their eyes, that you cannot do anything but serve it up to them!

Finally, after a few hours, they leave, the house is a mess, the pizza pieces lie cold and half-eaten on the plates, your leisure activity disrupted and your frustration to the brim.

And that's how a Sunday withers away.......

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Guys!

Hope none of you take offence. 

This was inspired by a true incident that happened(just today!)

I was partially miffed that my sweet treats for the day were ransacked, but we did finally buy another batch, so yay!

And no, I'm not on  a diet and I don't know how effective cheat days are, so meh!

And I did get to make a small bond with this cute kid cousin I met for the first time on my life today, so, yeah, I guess it was well worth-it.

But then it got me wondering if this happened to others with better plan for the weekend and I realised, dude! Solid gold!

Hope you enjoyed reading that!

And share with me if you have felt this anytime!

Loads of M&Ms!

Ciao!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro