Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Why I'm Scared of writing Fanfiction, but why I'm going to do it now

Fanfiction is seriously amazing. I have read a fair amount of fanfiction, for many different series. In fact, before I started out on Wattpad, way back in 2015, I spent a good amount of my net-time on fanfiction.net. 

Some were seriously amazing, some where alright, some where pure disgusting and belonged in the deepest pits of Tartarus. I thirsted for some awesome stories, but for free, since I was not allowed to buy any books then(big story, tell you later about it). Eventually I found my way to wattpad. Spent two whole years mostly reading, but yes, I did do an amateur attempt at writing stories then, which I totally scrapped when I realized how juvenile they were.

But never have I ever attempted to write fan fiction seriously. Never. Of course, thoughts would flit across my brain, which would make me laugh one fangirl at it's cuteness. But never did I think of writing those ideas down. And even if I had toyed with a particular idea for a long time, I never wrote a full-on fanfic story.

Why?

Because I'm a scared wimp/coward, who is afraid to adopt those amazing characters into a plot of her own. I love imagining, and i do it as often as possible,  but I prefer doing it with my own characters, because I'm scared that the way I portray those amazing characters will be very different from the way it was actually done.

Even though I read fabulous works of fanfiction like @MCliffordAuthor 's Fred and George the Toiler's of Trouble, I never let my thoughts wander to allow me to write my own fanfiction the way I saw it. I stuck with my own charcters.

The good in this was that, it allowed me to write GRAHAM, which was solid, and I'm proud of it. 

But now, the time has come. I'm ready to write my own fanfiction, this time on one of the most popular series on wattpad: The Storm and Silence series!

Yeah, the author, Sor Rob's conducting a fanfic contest. So those of you who are participating, best of luck! And for others who don't know about home, please do go check out his works! 

So, why now, you ask?

I don't have a spectacular answer to that. It's pretty simple. My mind didn't listen to me. 

What did that mean?

It meant that my mind randomly started obsessing about the contest, so much so that now I actually have a Solid Plot, that I'm actually satisfied with. But again, whether or not I submit and publish it is another thing, entirely dependent on how I write it. It will take some time and effort, everything I'm willing to put in. Now that college started, and I'm even more choked for time. But if a few sleepless nights will give me the time to do my favorite thing in the world: writing, then I don't have anything to worry about!

So for all of you out there, this sounds absolute BS and not at all inspiring, but I hope you know that hey! You can write whatever you want! Try something new and different! If you have never written anything, try writing something! If you have written before, try changing genres. Try poetry if you have never tried that! Writing something so flexible, you will eventually and definitely click with something you would love to write!

Hope you had a good weekend!

-bookbutterfly1999

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro