002 | Devil in Disguise

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Is this a joke? Do I really have to work with him?" I cross my arms. Working with Madison Bainbridge is probably the worst thing that could ever happen, especially knowing that I can't back out from this mission.

He has this know-it-all, Mister Perfection like attitude that makes me want to slit his throat in secret at night. He always nitpicks when it comes to correcting other people's mistakes. He's also someone who enjoys wasting his time in long, pointless explanations.

I don't like him. I can't really see him as my partner without thinking of punching his face.

However, Miss Shay doesn't want to hear any complaints. "Sorry, but my decision is final. You either learn to work together or you're both out, okay?" She glares at the two of us, angering me even further. I refuse to look into his eyes. He always has that smirk on his face.

I mutter under my breath. "Can't you just sack me and that's it? I can't work with him. Even if I try, he'll always make me look like a fucking idiot-"

Miss Shay cuts me off. "Hallie, your mission as an Angel is to always set a good example to humans. The least you could do is to at least try and do your part. Is it that clear?" Her stone cold tone gives me no other option. I'm fed up of always being perceived as the bad one just because I'm a Black Angel.

I don't want to see, talk to or spend a single minute with Madison Bainbridge. Why can't anyone understand?

When he talks, all I want to do is to kill him. Especially now. "Hallie Martin... Always being unreasonable. Why can't you make an effort to be more humble and less... I mean... ratchet?" Who the fuck does he think he is? Just because he's a White Angel, this doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant, cocky and elitist. The way he talks to me proves me right.

I scowl. "If you say anything else about me, I'm going to rip your wings off of your fucking back, and you'll regret opening that big mouth of yours."

"You can't be serious," he replies with a mocking tone, which forces Miss Shay to intervene.

"I'm confident that you two will learn to set your differences aside and, why not, become friends. Because, otherwise, you'll both rot in Hell. Okay?" That said, she leaves the room, making me seethe out of wrath.

She's mad. She can't ask me to befriend Madison Bainbridge. It'd be nothing but the beginning of my doom. I'd rather go to Hell than be in decent terms with him. I'm dead serious. If I have to go to Hell, I'll make sure to drag him down, too.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro