029 | Ain't No Secret

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I can't keep secrets, that's a matter of facts. Every time someone picks me as their confidant, I promise to keep my lips sealed; yet, I end up spilling the tea. Unfortunately, due to my inability to stay silent when needed, I've lost many friends overtime.

This time is no exception. Yesterday, I caught my roommate, Dayeon, with a man, doing stuff. Too bad he isn’t her boyfriend. When she noticed my casual presence, she made me swear I’d never tell Jeongheun. They’ve fared quite poorly lately; cheating rumors would only make things worse.

Hours have passed; my conscience crushes me. I gasp as I try to avoid Dayeon’s gaze. I can’t stay silent forever. Jeongheun will know, one way or another. I suggest she tell him the truth, but she turns me away in a brash manner. “Don’t do things you’ll regret,” she admonishes.

It’d be wiser if I just did as told; however, the more time goes, the more I feel guilty. Dayeon might be my roommate and a loyal confidant, but Jeongheun is a dear friend to me. He doesn’t deserve to be kept from the truth.

This is why I end up confessing during a drinking night with him and our other friends. Of course, this doesn’t come without consequences. The relationship between Jeongheun and Dayeon is over, and I have no more roof under my head as a result.

At least my conscience is clean, but it won’t help me with the fact that I’ll have to move back to my parents’, 100 kilometers away from here, because no-one will rent me even a goshiwon after rumors about my quick mouth spread.

From now on, every time someone asks me to keep a secret for them, I’ll decline. I’m done with lying to keep up appearances and controlling my mouth. I have the right to say what I think, honestly and with no filters.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro