« 3 »

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Johnny...?" I whispered as he stirred awake.

"What is it, Angel?" He asked with a tired voice as he kept his eyes closed while speaking to me.

"There's someone in my room..." I whispered as he jumped up, scaring me to death.

"Where?" He asked, grabbing the pistol off his nightstand as I led him to my room.

His eyes scanned the room as he walked in first, then turned to me in confusion.

"There is no one in here," He spoke as I pushed him back and entered the room, finding the window peacefully opened with the curtains rising and falling in the evening wind.

"He was, though. He asked about the knife. He had red eyes and razor sharp teeth. Why don't you believe me?" I asked as he set the gun down on the desk in my room.

"I never said I didn't believe you. I just said there was no one in here. Maybe you should have the day off tomorrow. Stay home and relax. You've had a rough night and you need to rest," He stated as I arched an eyebrow.

"If you really think keeping me home is gonna help, then you're dead wrong. I'm just freaked out, and that's the only problem. Some sleep should help and I'll be able to work in the morning."

"Are you sure? You don't seem to fine," He pointed out as I nodded.

"Alright. But please take it easy. This issue won't be taken lightly with anyone," He said as I nodded.

"Goodnight," He said, giving me a hug.

"Goodnight," I responded as he left to go to bed.

I climbed into the comforter that covered my bed and ran my hands underneath my pillow, finding something.

A note.

I sat up and looked at the note.

'Listen here, Angel
  Meet me at the alleyway after work today
  Bring the knife
  Jommhy Gashoset'

What?

I threw it to the side before resting my head on my pillow and slowly drifting to sleep.

••••••••••

I woke up with a yawn, hearing my brother talking downstairs. I slowly pulled myself out of the covers, seeing a handprint of blood smeared down my tank top.

I do not recall that happening.

I got up and peeled my shirt off my skin and slid on a white tee-shirt and dark blue jeans with a black leather jacket.

I snuck out of my room and into my brothers, snatching the kitchen knife and sliding it into my back pocket.

"Johnny?!" I yelled before beginning down the stairs.

"Alright... Love you, too, Grandmother... Bye..." He said before hanging up his phone and then averting his attention to me.

"What's up? You feeling better?" He asked as I nodded, grabbing an orange off the island.

"Yeah... Much better... And I'm sorry about last night," I apologized as he shook his head.

"It wasn't your fault. You're just freaked out. So, you ready to go to work?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah... Yeah, it'll feel better to get back in the swing of things," I said as he nodded in agreement.

"Definitely. You wanna get in the car? I've gotta go grab the bag upstairs," He said as I nodded, walking out the door and hopping in the car that was parked in the front yard.

I opened the note once again, just staring at the signature.

Who is 'Jommhy Gashoset'?

I hadn't even noticed that Johnny was walking down the sidewalk, so I jumped when the door opened.

"Woah! Sorry!" Johnny said while sitting down next to me.

"It's okay... It's fine..." I whispered as he nodded, taking off and driving towards the office. On the way, I could've sworn I saw a man with blonde hair, attired in a green tunic and brown belts, running quickly down the sidewalk and hiding in the recesses of an alley.

A few minutes later, the car was parked in the lot of the office. I stepped out, seeing a puff of fog exit my lips every time I exhaled.

"C'mon, Angel. Don't want to be late, now do you?" He asked as I rolled my eyes, jogging up to the entrance and laying all my supplies down. Johnny came in a few minutes after with the backpack.

"Are you going upstairs?" I asked as he pulled up a swivel office chair and sat down next to me.

"Actually, I was considering helping you out today," He said as I nodded, showing I didn't care much.

"Yeah, that sounds good with me..." I answered as he propped his feet up on my desk.

We sat in a comfortable silence, finishing up some paperwork and looking through some cases when the doors swung violently open.

"Hello, Sir. Can I he--" I started, but stopped to look over at my brother who had fallen out of his chair in shock. His eyes were wide while the stranger looked the same. I just kept it upon myself to shut up and watch.

"J-Johnny?" The stranger asked as my brother stood up and approached the man.

"Oh my God, Sir..." My brother spoke as they stood about three feet apart in shock. Neither of them knew what to do or what to say. Just silence.

"I-I don't understand... Why are you here?" Johnny asked as the stranger, who looked over at me.

"Well... I know a guy who needs help... Um... Johnny, can we go talk in your office?" The stranger asked, glaring at me.

"Yeah, but... Uh... Sir, this is my sister, Angelica. Angel, this is Johnny Ghost. Just refer to him as Ghost and me as Toast," Toast said as I nodded.

They both headed upstairs, but something about Ghost seemed familiar. It was his facial structure. His jawline, his nose, his cheekbones. I'd seen them before.

But where?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro