8. Confused (Paris Day 1- Part 4)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We have 2k reads and here we go with the update.

Also, college has started and it is draining me but I will update regularly now. I just took some time to settle in the new city and place but now I'm fine and in routine. Hope you guys like the chapter.

Chapter 8
Betrayed (Paris Day 1 - Part 4)

My gaze shifted from Emma towards the man who was announced to be my partner for the ball.

The floor beneath my feet slipped within seconds of meeting his shocked gaze. I got a weird feeling in my gut. Something wasn't right, I knew. He was standing like a rock, showing just one emotion for about a second or two and then switching that off too.

Everyone started clapping in excitement but he didn't move an inch. We were supposed to go on the stage but we were just looking at each other.

This . cannot . be . a . coincidence

I slowly started walking towards the stage, averting my gaze from him. The smile on my face and the excitement in my heart was long gone. I was breathing heavily. I was nervous beyond explanation.

Who is he and why was I seeing him in my dreams when I had nothing to do with him?

I had no idea and I was clueless.

I walked up the stage and he soon followed without saying a word or showing any emotions. His face was hard and his muscles had tensed up. I could see the veins on his neck popping out of stiffness. I also noticed the tight fist he had made, making his knuckles turn white.

Signs of anger...

Why?

When he started walking close to me, locking his eyes with mine, I started shivering. My palms started sweating and it felt as if I needed a strong support to continue standing.

I moved a part of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. I averted my gaze from him as soon as he stood right next to me and closed my eyes tightly hoping that some miracle would happen and Emma would announce that this man is not my partner.

Ruhaan Jindal...

I gulped as I shifted my gaze to take a look at him. He was looking straight somewhere. Perhaps nowhere. His eyes were filled with water to its brim and his ears had turned red. Strange but I felt a huge lump in my throat and it felt as if I would start crying while trying to feel the intense emotions he must be going through.

She announced a few more pairs after us and then we were done with the pairings. Every pair was asked to sit together and get to know each other.

I lifted my head and looked at him again but without saying a word or even returning my gaze, he just walked off. He got down the stairs and walked out of the party. I was standing at the stage all alone, watching him leaving. I felt humiliated and embarrassed but more than that I had numerous questions running down my mind. I wanted to know what was the story between us. I wanted to know who was he. I wanted to know who was I.

I ran behind him calling his name out in public.

"Ruhaan,"

And that's when I gained public attention. Everyone watched me in confusion as I ran behind him in desperation of knowing about the connection between us.

He did not even turn around or stop for once. He just kept walking. I ran down the corridor but he had already reached the elevator.

"Ruhaan please stop," I literally yelled but he didn't pay any heed to it. It felt as if he had turned deaf for that particular point of time.

He got into the elevator, pressed a button and turned around to face me. The doors were about to shut when our eyes met again and this time I saw both pain and anger in his eyes. I could feel that he was controlling his urge to cry.

The doors shut and I felt like bursting into tears but I didn't. I gathered my shit together and called another elevator to go on the ground floor. I would enquire about his room number and other details at the reception and talk to him. I need to. Its important.

The receptionist didn't let out the details. Such a bitch, I know but still...I had to sort this out with him. I don't know how long will it take but I have to talk to him.

I started walking towards the hallway and felt someone was behind me.
I turned around and my gaze met Kabir's. He was staring at me with a confused look on his face.

I tried to smile but couldn't.

"Is everything okay?" His voice almost echoed in the huge hallway because of the shit dead silence there.

"Yeah," I could only let out a mumble.

"I doubt that," he claimed.

"No...," I let out a chuckle. "Really...everything's fine,"

He nodded and walked closer towards me.

"I'm Kabir Singhania by the way," he forwarded his hand. I looked at him for about two seconds and then at his hand.

"Ofcourse, everyone knows you," I chuckled and continued, "Aisha Solanki," I placed my hand in his and we shook our hands for two to three seconds after I introduced myself.

"If you don't mind can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Ofcourse go ahead," I let him ask.

"Is everything fine between Ruhaan and you?" He asked.

I didn't know what to say. It felt as if I knew that man since ages but I knew that wasn't possible. I had never even met him...except in my dreams.

I sighed and answered, "I don't even know him," I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ears while answering, trying to not meet his eyes.

I looked around so he would get the sign and leave and he did.

"Okay cool then. See you tomorrow at the practice session?" He said.

"Practice session?" I enquired.

"You don't want to fuck your first ball, do you?" He laughed and the realization dawned upon me.

I have to dance with him. He is really my partner.

Shit.

I felt exhausted, worried, anxious, tensed, fucked all at the same time.

After Kabir left, I kept standing there and wondering why did he have to come and ask if I was okay or not. I don't even know him.

But thinking about Kabir made me even more confused.

I needed rest. I had to talk to Ruhaan for sure but I really needed to take care of my mind first.

I walked back to my room and saw Ishika lying on the bed with her face buried in the bed.

I pulled the duvet over her body and watched her sleep for sometime.

I walked towards the window, pulled out a cigarette packet from Ishika's bag and smoked.

Soon I started feeling sleepy and after putting my cigar in the ash tray, I crashed my body on the bed. My body felt heavy and fucked.

I felt someone holding me very tight as if trying to soothe me. I felt really comforted and relaxed. He stroked my forehead with his index finger and his other arm was wrapped around my waist as he lied next to me, his body engulfing my tiny frame. I kept my eyes shut as I experienced his touched take my exhaustion away.

I looked up slowly opening my eyes to catch a glimpse of him. It was the most beautiful human I had ever seen on this planet. It was Ruhaan. He pressed his lips against my forehead automatically sending shivers down my spine. I closed my eyes in ecstasy.

"I love you," I mumbled as I felt sleep taking me in its arms.

"But I don't,"

Hey everyone!

So how was the update?

Did you like the chapter?

So Aisha and Ruhaan are face to face now...what do you think will happen next?

What will Aisha do now when she will have to end up with Ruhaan in the ball?

What do you think about Kabir? Any guesses what role he would play in the story?

What do you think is their backstory?

Do let me know what you feel about the book through your comments and votes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro