03: The journey begins

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As soon as everyone arrived at Hyunjin's place, they jumped up the stairs in excitement, except Yoongi and Seokjin, who very sensibly went for the elevator. Climbing six floors was a big no for their old bones.

After a long run, some of them just retired on the floor and some on the sofa. Hyunjin hurriedly went into his room and brought back his camera and connected it to the TV.

“So . . . you guys wanna eat or drink something?” Hoseok stood up, walking towards the kitchen and Hyunjin's neck moved towards Hoseok, giving him a side eye.

“As you know, it's my house, hyung. So, just wanted to remind you that feel free to roam around,” Hyunjin rolled his eyes at the older, “Well, you already made yourself way too comfortable but yeah, just being polite, you know.” He pressed his lips, giving a sarcastic smile.

“Um . . . thanks.” Hoseok passed an awkward smile and went his way, coming back with some drinks and snacks. Everyone started chatting together. It was a chaotic mess, except for Aylin, who had her notepad out and was drawing small scriptures from the photos.

Yoongi, “Something interesting you see in that, Sugarlips?”

Aylin, “This is so frustrating. I can't interpret more than a few lines from these pictures, but it's a very old set of markings. By the look of it, I can say they're telling a story of some kind of royalty? I haven't exactly read of any dynasties from that region, it's an isolated island after all.”

Yoongi hummed, it was for sure very unheard of. He turned to Hyunjin.

“Make a report. And tomorrow morning, come meet me in my office. We will get a map and we need to plan if we'll need an excavation team for this expedition or not.”

Jungkook looked at Hyunjin and then back at Yoongi and cleared his throat before speaking.

“I'll help him with the report tonight then. Namjoon Hyung and Moonbyul Noona can work on the specimens, I guess?”

Yoongi simply nodded while looking at Aylin who was chewing on the cap of her pen and was still focused on the pictures.

❈❈❈

Hyunjin was deep in thought, circling here and there on the huge map of Ulleungdo. The whole island had never actually been touched by explorers or archeologists before, so there was no detailed map, just a geographical structure. The area was very prone to natural disasters and except for a few tribes, even Jeju's local residents rarely visited it.

“Are you hungry?” Jungkook's sudden voice made Hyunjin almost flinch back.

“Uh no? Why?”

“Then have mercy on that pen's cap. You can tell me if you are hungry, I can cook.” Jungkook slowly took the pen from the younger's hand and closed his notebook. Hyunjin smiled, a genuine but tired smile. He had been to Jeju then to Ulleungdo and after all the trouble he had faced there, his excitement was now failing to cover his exhaustion.

“Come, you can rest and I will make us dinner.” Jungkook was already on his feet with his hand extended towards Hyunjin.

“Alright.”

Jungkook went to the refrigerator while Hyunjin settled himself on the kitchen counter, already rambling about how an excavation team might not be the best choice to take on their first visit to Ulegendo, it was a hilly area with a thick forest.

Jungkook passed a few comments here and there and hummed to most of his remarks. He could see the guy hadn't even been to a supermarket after his return, there was barely anything in his grocery cabinet. He went to open the cupboard instead and took out some packets of Ramen and turned to Hyunjin.

“Wanna eat ramen?” Right after saying the words out loud, he cursed himself. That question was so abruptly inappropriate. He was about to add something else but Hyunjin was so lost in thoughts and as if he didn't even pay attention, he replied tiredly.

“Anything will work, hyung.”

Jungkook chuckled at his pouty face and went back to the refrigerator to get eggs and some spring onions.

“Hyung, the woods are dangerous, I almost got bitten by a snake. Suggesting a better medical supply kit would be nicer.”

“Next time, don't go to places like that alone.”

“Oh, but I don't have anyone to die with.”

Jungkook pursed his lips and knocked Hyunjin's head with the spatula, “Shut up. And come, let's eat.”

❈❈❈

It took them approximately two weeks to inspect everything and file a report to get a permit for the project. The budget wasn't big so with only the necessary supply, they first planned to visit themselves. If they could find anything relevant within a month, the budget would be pushed further.

Now, the team sat waiting in the waiting area of the Seoul Airport for other members' arrival.

“I swear to god, where are they?” Namjoon got up from his seat with hands on his hips and a tired look on his face. Seeing him, Hoseok also pushed his bag aside from his lap and got up beside Namjoon.

“I mean seriously, they told us not to be late, but now who are the latecomers?” Hoseok's voice was so loud that Moonbyul slapped his thigh.

“Yah! Can you guys just please shut the fuck up? It's early for God's sake, stop bickering!” and those two zipped their lips up. She flipped her hair back in annoyance and looked at Seokjin, who slept so soundly and at that moment she envied him for sleeping through that fish market.

Just when she was busy burning in envy, she saw two familiar figures walking towards them and she stood up, pushing Hoseok and Namjoon aside. She walked towards them as if she was ready to sacrifice them in a black magic ritual.

“Okay,” she licked her lips, her hands on her hips, “I need a good goddamn reason.” She asked, almost huffing and puffing like a bull after seeing red.

Aylin, “Sorry, unnie! The thing is . . . last night, I was collecting some more information and due to excitement, I couldn't sleep properly which resulted in me waking up late.”

Moonbyul nodded and turned to Yoongi.

“And what about you, Mister?”

“I was sleeping!” Yoongi yawned.

“Well, that's not a very acceptable reason.”

“It is. And I'm not the one to blame here. Blame the night, why is it so short? Blame the time, why does it run so fucking fast?”

“You are excused, senior!” Moonbyul really wanted to spill some precious curse words but she held herself back. However, someone reacted the way Moonbyul and others wanted.

“Seriously guys?” Seokjin spoke who had been in deep slumber a few minutes ago, “We have been waiting here forever!” he yelled in his still sleepy voice and Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“I'll definitely not repeat this again.” And when Aylin spoke with her world-famous puppy eyes, the oldest just fell silent.

“Okay, Aylin. As it's your first mistake, I'll forgive you.”

Ignoring all the drama, Yoongi slept with a neck pillow on. Aylin sat between Hoseok and Namjoon and Hoseok leaned his head on Aylin's shoulder.

“Let me also sleep for a while.” He sniffed, “You smell nice though.” With that, he closed his eyes with a lovely smile on his lips.

“Sleep well. By the way, who are we waiting for now?” Aylin patted Hoseok's head and asked Moonbyul, who sighed.

“Hyunjin and Jungkook, who else?” She shrugged and that's when they saw Hyunjin coming towards them like some celebrity.

“Hey, tired people! Wassup?” He asked, sliding his sunglasses down to take a look at them.

“Now, why are you so late? Did you want us to get old waiting for you here?” Jin yelled, almost throwing hands and Hyunjin chuckled at his statement.

“I knew you guys would never leave me. 'Cause you know, I am the most important member of this project.” He gave his hair a small flick and looking at the growling faces in front of him, he took a full 360° U-turn.

“Oh, come on, guys! We aren't that late, are we? Hahaha—” he stopped laughing when a strong hand patted his shoulder and he turned around to see.

“You really think we aren't late? You have a watch, right? You should use it sometimes.” Yoongi literally shoved Hyunjin's wrist in his eyes and when Hyunjin saw the time, his eyes almost popped out from their sockets.

“Hahaha! We are getting l-late, guys! Shall we leave, senior?” Hyunjin nervously said, looking up from his wrist.

Yoongi turned to Jungkook who was standing right behind Hyunjin looking like he was about to collapse, “Don't die on me.”

Jungkook didn't say anything in reply, just smiled and winked. Everyone got up, taking the luggage accordingly and walking away.

“Wait for me!” Hyunjin yelled at them and Jungkook sighed, taking his personal luggage from his hand and grabbing him from the other. He simply started dragging him.

“You actually are looking cute with this neck pillow.” Aylin laughed while giving Yoongi's neck pillow a soft rub.

“You liked it? I actually bought two. One for me and one for you.” Yoongi started shuffling things inside his bag and took out the same pillow.

“Wow, I'm even more sleepy now!” She chuckled.

“Get some rest during the flight, Sugarlips.”  He said while putting the pillow around her neck, “We're going to have a lot on our plate now.” He fixed her hair back and gave her a smile, his sweet gummy smile.

“Aye Aye Captain!” Aylin laughed and Yoongi ruffled her hair.

❈❈❈

“Enjoy the stay, sir!” The receptionist bowed with a professional smile on her face.

“Thank you, will do.” Yoongi bowed back and after the check-in, he went to the others.

“There are four rooms, so make yourself comfortable.” He said while showing the card keys in his hand, “I'm pairing Aylin and Moonbyul, Jin and Namjoon, Jungkook and Hyunjin and me and Hoseok.”

“Hyung! Hyung! I'll open the door!” Hyunjin chirped, asking Yoongi for the keys.

“You both better behave!” Moonbyul pointed at Jungkook and Hyunjin and Jungkook rolled his eyes at that.

“No worries, I'll try not to create any trouble,” Hyunjin replied with a smile that didn't look very convincing to any of them.

“And I'll try not to strangle him.” Jungkook eyed Hyunjin.

“Be ready early morning, bye!” Yoongi said and before closing the door of his room he turned to Jungkook, “Enjoy the strangling.”

“G-Guys . . . anyone wants to change roo—” Hyunjin said, as Jungkook opened the door and slammed it shut in his face, “Hyung! Please don't do this to me! Open the door, Hyung!” Hyunjin said while banging on the door and dramatically slid down and sat on the floor.

“Stop making a fuss. You have the keys, open the door with that, dumbass!” Jungkook shouted from the other side of the door.

“Oh yeah! Haha . . . silly me!”

──────⊹⊱· • ❈ • ·⊰⊹──────

a/n:
aye aye, aren't they really cute?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro