03 | Chaotic Waters|

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Captivating his green eyes were the enthralling, multicolored lights that twinkled as they ran along bushes, beautifying the night. His eyes were keen on them, well-focused and mesmerized, so much so that the loud music blaring around him was inaudible. He was whisked away by memories, peacefully trapped in the pictures and words of the past.

Ayaan followed its length that took him further into the yard, counting the colors that changed as the seconds passed. It reminded him of something warm, of someone compassionate. Someone whom he longed for. The gleam in his eyes told stories. Stories of his childhood and of a time that was much simpler.

"I miss you dad. I wish you were here. It's Christmas Eve, the day before Christmas, our favorite holiday. Merry Christmas," he whispered, running his hands along the lights.

"Hey, Ayaan right?" asked a voice from behind, pulling him out of his reverie. He turned to meet the eyes of source of the voice and was met with a tall young man. "Are you Vansh's brother?"

"Yes, I am," he replied, a bit confused.

"Cool. I'm Darsh, Vansh's friend. I asked him, well, begged him to invite you. I don't know if you recognize me but we go to the same college back home. Have fun dude, I hardly ever see you at parties. There are lots of drink in the coolers by the pool but, the strong stuff is in the store room."

"Thanks for extending the invite to me. I really wanted to get out the house for bit, you know, just to get a breath of fresh air," came his reply, coupled with a warm smile. He would have never guessed that a person of such genuine nature would be affiliated with his brother. It was quite baffling to say the least.

"I get it. Being cooped up in the house for so long can get suffocating. Anyway, I have to go. I came out here in search of some stuff. Enjoy the party."

Saying that, he left, returning Ayaan the same warm smile he had given him moments before.

It was an unusual encounter for him. Being treated with such respect and kindness by someone who was as close to his brother like Darsh was something unfathomable to him.

He expected Vansh's friends to mirror his behavior, however, he was wrong. After his interaction with the polite young man, he was confused as to why he would be friends with someone like Vansh, who was violent, disrespectful and mean.

This peculiar thought lingered in his mind while he maneuvered around the yard and closer to the epicenter of the party.

His eyes were unable to keep up with the motion of the people around him as they jumped, bounced and danced to the loud music that blasted from the speakers. In a corner to his left, some were chugging beer, vodka and any alcoholic beverage that was available while others to his right were engaging a loud game of 'beer pong'.

Ayaan stopped in his tracks and looked around questioning what he should do, fidgeting with his fingers in the process. People pushed past him as they briskly moved around, causing him to bump into others who quickly got irritated.

He wasn't a big fan of parties but he found them as a good place in which friends could be made, or as an escape from the chaos that was his house.

Knowing that standing in the middle of a crowd was highly an unpleasant experience, he found his way inside living room where he sat by the bar.

'You are the least bit likable; completely annoying and a bloodsucking pest. I pity anyone who is able to stay within your company.'

Ringing in his ears were harsh words that brought him uncertainty of his actions, causing a sudden sense of hesitation to engulf him.

He was unsure on how to approach another person with a conversation. He felt as if he would be instantly turned away or just simply ignored.

Ayaan watched as persons mingled with each other, engaging in conversation or playing around. It was as if he was being mocked or just downright ridiculed for his fears.

He could feel dryness intensify in his throat prompting him look for a source of refreshment to quench his thirst.

Not too far away from him were bottles of Vodka, Beer and Club Soda sitting peacefully on the counter. He reached for the only thing he could manage and poured it into a cup.

"How come someone as handsome as you is all by yourself?" came a gentle, feminine voice, catching his attention. Turning to face the source of such a soft tone, he was meet with an attractive young woman who looked around his age. "Mind if I join you?"

"No, not at all." He felt a bit nervous, his eyes looking at everything else but her, and his fingers fidgeting with each other; he was unsure of what to say or how to say it for that matter. However, he was grateful for the opportunity that was bestowed upon him. This was his chance. His chance to possibly start a friendship.

"Am I that intimidating for you to be so evidently nervous?" she asked, swirling the cup of booze that she held elegantly in her hand.

"I don't get approached by a lot of people." Ayaan's eyes were focused on the rings the gripping her fingers, all of different, intriguing designs. His soft voice then brought forward a response that he was hesitant to say. "Let alone beautiful girls like yourself who seemed to be very jovial, high-spirited and fun to be around."

After taking a sip of the alcoholic beverage, a chuckle escaped from her lips along with a smile that formed on her face.

"You find me beautiful?" Her tone was now flirtatious, her eyes, bold with emotions and mischief, lingered a bit longer in his."Interesting."

"Beauty is something that shines both inside and out. It radiates from those who are of pure heart, eradicating any darkness that lies in its path." It was then his eyes found hers piercing deep within the green ocean of stories he was desperately trying to hide. "So, um, do you have any hobbies or things you like to do?"

"You're cute, sweet and intelligent, I like that in any man." Ignoring his question, her tone deepened as her body leaned closer to his. Her cup was now on the counter next to her phone that turned on due to the message of 'Remember, if you lose the bet you owe me $10,000. Find a hookup or pay up', flashing on her screen; her hand now resting on his, caressing his skin. "Why don't we take this party upstairs? I'm sure a man as innocent as yourself is wild in bed."

Ayaan was taken aback by her actions and moved slightly away, gulping uncomfortably as he did his best to avoid looking at her.

'She said the same thing. She said it all the time,' he thought, the words of his ex ringing in his ears.

'We kiss, we hug, we cuddle, we do everything but have sex. I've given you every bit of affection and care you could ever have in your pathetic life and you can't give me the one thing I want. You are truly a worthless piece of trash; completely grotesque to even look at. Get out of my face!"

His breathing grew uneven as the memories flooded his mind, gripping him by the throat in an iron hold. Licking his lips he replied, "I-I have to go to the bathroom."

Saying that he quickly excused himself and headed in the direction of the restroom.

A pair of dark brown eyes scanned the room in search of someone as she eagerly stood waiting. Her black hair cascaded down till her mid-back and her face sported a warm smile that proudly showed her prominent dimples. Her figure of height 5'6, leaned against the pillar when she was unsuccessful in her search.

Her gaze then fell to her phone as she quickly typed a frustrated message and sent it off, looking up thereafter.

She was met with the image of a young woman putting something she was unable to make out in a cup that didn't seem to be hers.

It was a strange sight, something she found unsettling, however, before she could formulate what to do, she was greeted with high pitched voice.

"Inaaya, there you are! I was literally waiting for you by the pool."

"Do you know how long I've been looking for you?"

"After I texted you that I was here I forgot to text you where I was exactly, sorry. Come, let's party!"

"Wait, give me a sec." Inaaya tried to break free of her friend's firm hold but was futile in her attempts.

"No, you're here now so it's time to party! Let's go!" Saying that, she dragged Inaaya away in the direction of the pool.

Ayaan found himself back at the bar, ready to once again decline her advances and to inform her of his departure. He once again felt the intense dryness arise in throat, prompting him to gulp the cup of Club Soda he instantly turned to his head.

"I don't want to hookup. For me, intimacy is so much more than something casual."

"Come on, don't be like that. One time won't hurt. I know someone like you don't get many offers like this," she urged, placing her hand on his thigh.

It was in that moment his movements hindered. The once steady breaths he fought to regain ceased, hitching in his throat. He was like a stone, frozen in time despite his futile internal attempts to move.

It all came as a shock and heightened his discomfort, even more so than ever as she caressed his thigh, inching further upwards with a tightening grip.

"I said no!" came his stern response that struggled to escape his lips.

Soon thereafter, Ayaan's vision began to blur and the music around him sounded distorted. He blinked numerous times in order to regain proper vision but it was in vain.

"I need to win this bet, so you don't get to say no." Saying that, she wrapped his arm around his neck and proceed towards the staircase.

"Hey, that's my boyfriend!" came a strong, feminine voice from behind, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn towards the source. "Take your hands off my man."

Inaaya, with swift, careful, movements, removed Ayaan's arm from around the woman's neck as she threw daggers with her eyes.

"Boyfriend?" she asked confused.

"Yeah, boyfriend." Ensuring that he was alright and conscious, she wrapped his arms around her neck and turned to step away. "You won't get away with what you were about to do. I promise you that."

In a fit of rage and sheer embarrassment, the woman stepped off in another direction while Inaaya held him with care, taking him to couch in living room.

"Please don't," he slurred incoherently, slowly finding it hard to see.

"You don't deserve what was going to happen to you," she whispered, carefully setting him on the couch. "You're not at fault. It's never the victim's fault."

Her words came as a reassurance, not just for him but herself as well. It all felt so similar, digging up wounds she hid for so long.

She search hastily for her car keys that were always lost in her bag, hoping that he hadn't fallen unconscious.

"Where are these damn keys?" Tears brimmed in her eyes the more the memories flooded back. Her heart ached as the voice rang in her ears prompting her to pressed her lips together in order to conceal her sobs.

Finally finding her keys, she placed them in her mouth and took a barely conscious Ayaan into her arms again, leading him to the door.

She felt disgusted that no one around them batted an eye or even questioned her about him as she walked towards to the door. They passed it off as another drunk man being carried outside.

No one cared. No one was concerned or was even remotely suspicious of her actions of carrying a barely conscious man.

Though her intentions were good, she hoped that at least one person would stop to ask her where she was carrying him.

Now out the door and on their way to her car, she wished someone had asked her something.

Hi guys I hope you enjoyed this part. Remember to vote and comment. 😉

This chapter is to bring awareness to the fact that even men can be victims to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault. They should also be believed!

Anyone can be a victim!

5454tiffany

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro