Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

They reached home hours after the event had finally finished, Jay sitting in between them as him and Jackson talked cutely. Jackson's eyes flashed to Irene's every now and then watching as she stared out at the pitch black sky before looking at her phone in a repeating pattern. She could feel Jackson's eyes flashing to her every five seconds and she didn't want to look at him. She couldn't bring herself to. She had openly admitted defeat and she knew that she had exposed herself to more attacks. She cursed in her head, looking down at her phone, more messages pouring through. She knew in an instant where her mind had reached. Finally she turned to his awaiting gaze, noticing that Jay had fallen asleep. She looked in his eyes. And as selfish as this was going to sound to the world she decided that she would give in for a few days. She would have her fill of his love and result to pushing him away to escape. She knew it was wrong. She shouldn't and deep down her heart laughed at the stupid plan that she had formulated. It wasn't going to work. He had her pinned with one look. He had her rendered helpless with one look and she knew that in the days to come he would be fighting harder. This was nothing. She knew how deep the Wang love went. She breathed and lived it for three years. Two of which were perfect. She looked down at Jay, her heart in a throat as she moved his hair out of his eyes, Jackson's eyes following her movement as she sighed. "Irene." She heard, her head remaining turned. She felt a hand on hers. She tried to detach it from her own, her head finally turning watching as Jay held her hand and Jackson's bringing them closer. Her eyes flickered at the sight, a small tear leaking from the corner of her eyes as they pulled up. She was unsure if Jackson caught it but didn't give him a chance to say anything if he did as she ripped the seatbelt off. He looked at her as she closed the door. He had caught it. He picked Jay up carefully, his head resting on his shoulder. Irene waiting at the side as they moved into the penthouse. They stood in the elevator in silence. Her foot tapping impatiently as she looked around the four corners of the elevator. He suppressed the chuckle as he watched her. The ring sounding their floor breaking their simultaneous thoughts as she moved out first. She opened the door the group falling to silence as they noticed Jay fast asleep on Jackson's shoulder, Jackson walked to his room, as Irene kicked of her heels collapsing next to Wendy who wrapped her arms around her. "What happened?" She asked quietly. Jackson walked back into the room, his blazer ditched and shirt sleeves rolled up. "What's up wends is she's being threatened, her and Jay, and she's waited until now to say anything." Irene's eyes widened. "Jackson what are you-" he gave her look of warning. "I told you I'm taking this into my own hands." He watched as she leaned back down into Wendy as a riot started. All of them questioning her and things going back and forth. Irene rubbed her temples looking up to Jackson who sat on the edge of the couch his arms crossed as he watched her. He stood finally. "Leave this to me guys but the reason why I'm telling you is because your family and I'm going to need help in keeping her and Jay safe." They nodded in agreement as Irene stood up rather abruptly suddenly seething. "Keep me safe?" She questioned. "Let's be real Jackson we all know who this is...we know it's her so why are we trying to run from that." He watched her calmly. "You want to keep me safe but your responsible for this." She whispered, the brokenness apparent as she turned away. Jackson grabbed onto her hand, "Can you guys give us a second." They all nodded clearing out as Irene ripped her arm out of his grip, arms crossing over her chest, head to the side. She heard him sigh. "I thought we were going to try this?" She bit her lip as she stared at the floor. He walked up to her, his fingers brushing her lips freeing it as he pulled her chin up. "Irene." "I'm scared." She finally vocalised, her head resting on his shoulder as his hands wrapped around his waist. "I can't do this." She sobbed out, his grip tightened holding her close. "Then let me." He said. She didn't respond. She chose not to. And he chose not to say anything, his arms holding her again. He sat her down moments later, leaving to get her some water. He returned moments later to see her fast asleep. His eyes softened as she curled up, her hands clenched tightly into fists as she huddled closer to herself. She looked defeated. The ice queen laying unarmed as he saw all the cracks, all the vulnerability, and it made him fall in love with her even more. Her imperfections shining through and god he loved it. He always knew she was strong but his heart knew now that she still needed him and that was enough. He sat on the floor besides her, his hand brushing her hair to the side. He reached for her phone that kept flashing. He scrolled through message after message and his heart restricted with every open threat. She was right. He knew who it was. It wasn't rocket science, but god he hoped he was wrong; he prayed that Youngji hadn't slipped that far in her delusional belief that he still belonged to her. He didn't. He was Irene's from day one. And he would remain Irene's Jackson until his dying breath. He watched her shuffle uncomfortably, finally standing. He took her in his arms carrying her bridal style, his hands freeing her from her dress and into one of his shirts. He tucked her in, a kiss to her forehead, as the tension left her forehead. He smiled leaving before joining her and their son moments later.

The following morning Irene and Jackson woke up each getting ready for their days. Wendy waved them off promising to stay with Jay and make sure he remained safe. Her and Jackson walked to the elevator in silence, standing in silence as Irene took a sneaky glance at him, her heart skipping a beat at his commanding image. She felt herself smile but quickly scolded herself for thinking the way she was. He watched her from the corner of his eye in amusement. He watched the floor tick closer to the ground floor, cheekily looking at her. "What's with the look." She said, his lips shutting her up as they connected with her cheek. Her eyes widened as he rushed out of the elevator. She stood paralysed her hand touching the same cheek that was now covered in a small blush. Before the doors closed again she rushed out seeing the familiar smirk that held the door open for her. "My lady." He said. She laughed shaking her head as she climbed in, him in the drivers seat. "You don't have to take me to work Jackson." "I know but I want to." He replied watching as she turned away. His hand ghosted over to hers holding it tightly. She looked down at it, his flashing to hers to catch her reaction and much to his surprise she didn't fight it, squeezing his hand slightly as she leaned back. They pulled up moments later, Jackson watching as she climbed out with no word, and just when he thought the moment was gone she appeared on his side, tapping at the glass that separated them. He rolled down the window, his sunglasses still on as he studied her. Her head quickly dipped in kissing his cheek. She smirked at the mouth that now remained ajar. "I'm taking back what you took from me." She said simply, turning away only for his hand to reach out. She turned to him with a smile. "I said I was giving you a chance Jackson and I mean it. Even if I push you away at times I do want to try." Try before I leave, she finished in her head. As she watched a million dollar smile break out on his face, he squealed like a girl that caused her to laugh. "I'll see you later Bae." He called out. He winked at her driving away moments later. She shook her head slightly walking into her office a beautiful bouquet of flowers gracing her desk. She grabbed her phone with a smile, she stroked the rose petals as she did, her phone instantly blaring with a response.

She smiled setting her phone down, her attention turning to her work. Hours later and everything had gone to shit, her mood instantly dropping, she rummaged through file after file chucking them around as she lost her shit at everything and everyone. She collapsed into her chair. "Ma'am there's a parcel here for you." Her secretary said. Irene tensed in confusion as it was set in front of her, left to her own accord. She looked down inspecting it as she opened it, her eyes wide as her hand went to her mouth, enclosing the sob. She took staggering steps backwards as she grabbed for her phone. She clicked on his name, hearing it ring. "Hey Bae miss me already?" He said. She remained silent but the sob that ripped from her throat was enough to have him on the edge of his seat. "Jack..." she called out. "Babygirl?" He questioned. "I need you." She responded. And as soon as those words left her lips he was already out his office door. She had hung up on him but he heard the cries and it had him scared. He ran into SM ignoring some of the looks that were directed his way, he ran down the corridor opening the door to her office his feet not evening entering when he felt her crash into him. He took a step forward closing the door behind him to ensure that none of the employees saw her. "Babygirl..." she had her head buried in his chest as she continued to cry. "Hey Irene..." he attempted again, only hearing her cries. He breathed heavily his arms offering her the comfort she needed, allowing her to break. He waited patiently, "Joohyun." he called out softly, his arms pulling her away from him to create a small distance so he could look in her eyes. "What happened?" He asked softly. He watched her point to the box on her desk, leaving her to inspect what had her so fearful. He cringed at the dead bird in the box, the note leaving a very obvious threat. He called the police, before walking back up to her. "Babygirl I'm sorry." He whispered as she held on to him in silence. She let him be there for her as he offered her warmth. The police inspectors left as soon as they came and she was left alone with Jackson who studied her. He watched her wipe the tears and look back through files. He watched as she slammed them down turning away from him. He stood up, walking to her and turning her in his arms. "Together." He whispered kissing her forehead. And for the rest of the day he stayed with her, helping her manage her work. He made sure to distract her from her own mind, and he was relieved when he heard her laugh. He watched her as she turned back to her work his mind pondering. 'Youngji I'm making you pay for this if it really is you.' He stated firmly smiling at irene who turned back to him. "Thanks Jack." She said watching as his eyes flashed up to hers. ""Thank you for being here." He smiled up at her. "I told you irene...we are in this together." And he saw the bittersweet smile that she wore, he knew it too well and he instantly knew at this point that her brain was cooking something else up.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey guys hope you like this one. Let me
Know what your thoughts are about this update, I'm sure your getting annoyed with Youngji hell I am and I'm writing this 😂😂😂 stay with me though because Jackson is going to lose his shit soon enough. Hah lol. Lots of love and best wishes to you all. Stay safe x

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro