Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Thank you Matilda," the men shouted as I left the hotel room and I waved goodbye to them, zipping up my trench coat as high as it would go. I couldn't wait to go home and have a shower, but then I remembered that my water and heating were turned off- so I would have to just sleep on it all.

Once exiting the room, I faced a familiar person- Derek.

"What you doing here? You tend to not go to the scene of the crime," I joked with him, feeling myself being too drained to even be mad at him.

"Wait here, I need to collect the money and then give you what I owe you," his voice was as unsympathetic as ever and his words only confirmed what I always knew- it was all about money to Derek.

Soon he returned and handed a wad of cash into the palm of my hand, I didn't even count it knowing that Derek would probably have given me less than what I had been promised. I was too far gone to care- I had a slightly bigger worry.

"See ya round baby," he whispered in my ear and shivers of disgust ran down my spine; I wished that I could remove him ever being in my life but he always seemed to crop back up one way or another.

Going down in the empty elevator, I had the strong urge to cry again; I had always thought that I would never go back to that life and yet there I was, stripping to a bunch of rich kids with no worries.

The hotel lobby was empty and the receptionist was busy filing her nails, again not noticing me. It was like I had never been there, no one had noticed me entering or leaving. The only people who knew I was there were the ones who had been in the hotel room. And Derek.

As I exited through the glass doors I had came through, a person jumped out at me- literally.

"Take my money! Please don't hurt me!" I shouted, covering my face with my hands as if it gave me some protection from them.

"It's me Matilda," I slowly removed my hands and looked Harry in the eye for the second time that day.

"Why did you leave? Weren't you enjoying the show?" My attempt at light hearted humour wasn't appreciated by him and he shook his head.

"Why? Why are you back to stripping and prostitution? I saw Derek come back in- are you with him now?" There was an accusatory tone in his voice as if I was somehow the one in the wrong. That what I was doing somehow made his life worse.

"You know what Harry? You may not realise this but not everyone gets a lucky break!" I wanted to scream at him, to shout and cause a scene which would alert a passerby. They would probably be so taken aback by seeing Harry Styles that I could walk away from him.

For the first time since I had met him all those years ago- I didn't want to see him.

"Don't pull that on me Matilda! I've worked hard to where I've got to! I've made a life for myself," he was getting defensive, I noted his stiff body language.

"Is that why you left me? Is that why you went away? To make a life for yourself?" I asked bitterly, reminding us both of our past.

"It wasn't like that, you know that!" He was now raising his hands in the air in passion and vigour, but I knew that I had the upper hand.

"No, I don't know that. Because you wiped your memory of me and you never called. Never wrote," I could feel the tears burning in my eyes, but I didn't want to seem weak so I tried to not let them fall.

"Neither did you," he said, and I felt my body go limp. Because he was right- all this time I had blamed him. But I had never tried to find him either. Maybe I was still trying to run from the past.

"I need money- that's why I'm stripping again. I'm not a prostitute," the last sentence was a lie, I would have done anything to get money. Derek could have thrown me the dirtiest, worst job and I would have still begged for it like a dog begging for a treat.

I was burnt out, my anger towards Harry had fizzled and was left with complacency. I was too tired to argue with him anymore but I could tell that he still had things to say.

At that very moment, Harry's friends walked out the doors of the building, all laughing drunkenly and happily.

"Harold! What are you doing with the whore? Trying to get something a little extra on the side?" One of them jeered and I looked at Harry, waiting to see his response.

"Something like that," he mimicked his friend's tone that said 'I don't care'.

They all sauntered away, talking about how Harry was always hungry for sex. Turning back to me, I saw the look of regret on his face.

"So I'm a whore to you now?" I locked eyes with him and felt my anger being refuelled.

All my life, the word whore had followed me. The men I slept with called me it, my mother called me one when I left home and even Derek had the nerve to call me a whore. I never cared about being called it, because when those people said it, it meant nothing.

But when Harry even agreed with someone that I was indeed a dirty whore, I felt my whole world crumble around me.

"If that's all I am to you now, I might as well go," I felt the lump in my throat grow and I set off to walk away from him, mentally trying to remove the memory of him.

"Wait Matilda! Wait!"

Those two were ruthless with each other! Can Harry ever make things up to Matilda and is Harry really in the wrong here?

I'm planning a sequel at the minute- please comment if you would read it!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro