#25: Unwanted Allies

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Wyvon's scream worsened.

"How would you like it if everyone judged you on your past?"

"HOW... HOW COULD YOU LET HIM BE APART OF THE GROUP WHEN YOU KNOW I AM AS WELL." Wyvon roared in Ryuzaki's direction, holding his head as his body shivered. "HOW COULD YOU BE SO THOUGHTLESS? YOU KNOW JUST AS WELL AS I DO HE IS NOT ONE TO BE TRUSTED!"

"How would you like it if you were outcasted and left for dead by everyone?"

"Wyvon, let me explain," Ryuzaki started as Wyvon began screaming at Ryuzaki again.

"WHAT IS THERE TO EXPLAIN OTHER THAN THAT YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU SPITE ME, OR WANT TO TORTURE ME? OR ARE YOU BLISSFULLY UNAWARE OF OUR PAST, AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOUBLE CHECK HIS HISTORY EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO THAT!"

"How would you like it if you destroyed two people's lives?!"

"...I'm fully aware of what Max has done." Ryuzaki said. "I was there too, y'know."

"THEN WHY WOULD YOU ALLOW IT? WHY, WHY, WHY! I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

"And how would you like it to see your victims right now... suffering because of you... and knowing that you won't ever fix what you did wrong, because what you did was unforgivable..."

"The feeling's mutual..." Ryuzaki rolled his eyes, sighing at Wyvon.

"...I'm going to take my leave." Max said, turning towards the door.

"No... you are not. You're going to stay here whether Wyvon likes it or not." Ryuzaki commanded.

"Wyvon..." Rino said, gently removing Wyvon's hand from his head. He held onto them tightly. "Please stop... I don't like that he's here either but... listen to reason, please? For me."

"...fine..." Wyvon said, huffing. Ryuzaki clapped at Rino.

"How impressive-"

"Explain." Rino said sternly. "You better give us a good reason."

"Don't worry, I have a good reason." Ryuzaki said, looking at everyone. "Things are tense, I see."

"S-sop stalling..." Rino said with soft fragility.

"Why did I recruit Max? Because there are three reasons. First reason: He uses a Maganicalla deck. Second reason: We need more people for this search. Third reason: To burn the grudges that lie between all of you and him. Some of you might be thinking, "has Ryuzaki gone insane? How can I forgive someone so despicable?", or, "I've never met him before, what has he done which is so bad?". To both thoughts, I simply have this to say: Yes. Yes, Max has done bad things in the past. He's done some absolutely unforgivable things, and I've felt it too. But, keeping this feeling of hate, this petty grudge, is simply childish, and pointless. We're all suffering on this world together - so why not show a little sympathy? A little mercy? A little forgiveness? No, you don't have to like him; no, you don't have to be his "friend" - so find a little part of yourself that can forget the past. Move on. Stride forward, letting go of your weights and heal your scars. Imagine yourself as Max... would you enjoy it? Would you enjoy this life, knowing everyone hates you and won't excuse your past as a reason to see the better side of you? Treat him like an actual person. Because that's what he is. We aren't perfect - he isn't perfect, she isn't perfect, they aren't perfect, you aren't perfect - but you know what we all are? Humans. Humans with reason."

"How... how could he defend someone like me... I don't deserve this..."

"...no... you're wrong..." Wyvon spoke up. "And here's why.."

(Opening 3 here)

"Ryuzaki... What you said... is true..."

Wyvon said, rearing his eyes to Ryuzaki's.

"I respect that you feel that way, but for me... for me, who's actually been ruined by that...monster, I cannot simply "forgive" him. You said to put yourself in his shoes... okay, put yourself in mine now. Imagine the torment I go through every, single, day, knowing I've been defiled by someone who I called my... "friend"... not only once... but twice... TWICE. And one time... it was in front of my best friend... who was also defenceless against him..."

Tears welled up inside Wyvon's eyes. He closed them, and grit his teeth.

"Do you know... how much pain... it was... it was so painful... he was torturing us with his lust... he was trying to rip our insides apart... for his own sexual needs... every time we screamed for help, he was laughing with sheer joy... happiness was written all over his face as me and Rino were being mercilessly raped. You're telling me, to show him mercy when... he couldn't show any mercy to me...? You're fucking insane if you think I would let something like that go so easily. And you know... this isn't even all of it... I've been carrying these emotions with me, bottled up inside, not being able to escape, for nearly a whole year now! And of course, I have to break in front of everyone! IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!"

"Wyvon... I understand-"

"I'm not finished... I'm not finished!"

Wyvon growled, tears streaming down his pale cheeks.

"Not only that... I'm tormented by my own emotions everyday because of him... my nightmares consist of the memory that was burnt deep inside my head I can't ever forget it... not only that, it plays in my head over and over like a broken record... in fact, I'M A BROKEN RECORD! I'M BROKEN! Who would want me, knowing I've been defiled by him... Not even that... my own selfish emotions are one thing... Rino's emotions are another... how... why..."

Rino's eyes widened, before closing with tears. Reaching out his hand towards Wyvon, his friend wafted it away, continuing his long winded vent.

"Rino... he's my best friend. And he had to suffer from my past... have you ever felt useless? I FEEL USELESS EVERY SINGLE DAY I'M WITH HIM, KNOWING THAT I'M THE REASON HE'S ALSO SUFFERING! I couldn't protect him... I couldn't protect him... even though I tried, I tried so damn hard to keep Rino away from Max... of course I wasn't strong enough... I'm never strong enough! Because of my weakness, he was raped right in front of me... and that memory won't leave me either... it leaves with such a pit in my stomach... each of his screams, I can still hear them clearly in my head every single day..."

Wyvon turned to Rino, sobbing as his hands covered his mouth.

"Rino... I know I've never mentioned this before, but ever since that day... you've become so different... you've hid yourself even more... and everyday, I'm trying to get you to come back to your senses, back to how you were... but each time I fail, I keep beating myself up an unforgivable amount... yet I still continue, because I feel so guilty... I feel so guilty about what you had to go through because of me... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I wish I could fix it.. I wish I could fix what happened... but I can't... I can't ever fix it... and it's going to haunt me for the rest of my life... knowing I'm the reason you broke..."

Wyvon turned to Ryuzaki.

"But of course, you all... you all wouldn't understand my misery, or his. You weren't there... none of you were! NONE OF YOU WERE THERE TO SUFFER WITH US, WHICH IS WHY YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN'T FORGIVE MAX! WE CAN NEVER FORGIVE MAX! HE'S RUINED BOTH OF US!"

"And in turn, you've also ruined him." Ryuzaki said.

"THAT'S BULLSHIT! HOW COULD WE RUIN HIM? IT'S HIS OWN FAULT EVERYONE HATES HIM! HE BROUGHT HIMSELF DOWN! AND DRAGGED US WITH HIM!... maybe, this was all pointless... every word I've choked up, has been useless... I've gained nothing from spilling my emotions... except from maybe letting that monster see how much he's fucked mine and Rino's lives! AND FOR THAT, I'LL NEVER FUCKING FORGIVE YOU!"

"I never wanted your forgiveness, Wyvon... I just.. wanted my own redemption... but hearing you speak so passionately... I can't help but.."

"And you have no reason to cry... YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ABLE TO SHED TEADS!" Wyvon shouted.

"I'm crying because I can't help but feel so much regret..." Max choked up, as a small, glistening lines ran down his cheeks. "I came here, searching for salvation... and instead, I've had an epiphany."

Ryuzaki sighed loudly.

"I'm not one for the soppy talk. However, Wyvon. I understand your frustrations, and why you can't ever forgive Max. However, what I can't let is your opinion swaying me to kick Max out of the group."

"Why would you even let him back in... what if he wants to rape us again? Or what if he wants to rape Payic? Or Maverick? Or Inu!"

"Don't bring my closest friends into this!" Ryuzaki barked.

"Then don't bring my past into this either!" Wyvon growled.

"You know what... fine then." Ryuzaki said, staring at Wyvon. "I'll let you get a chance - a small chance - to kick Max out. Beat me in a cardfight. You said you weren't strong enough back then to protect Rino. So, are you stronger now? However, if I win, I will kick both you and Rino out of the group. How does that sound!?"

"...why would drag him into this?!"

"Because you need to protect him." Ryuzaki said, taking out his FICA. "So?"

"Fine..." Wyvon said, taking out his FICA. "I'll play... I'll play this game."

"I'm glad you'll oblige." Ryuzaki said, beckoning Wyvon. "We'll fight in my GIRS system. No spectators, by the way. So, all you here, don't go and peek."

"Yes Ryuzaki." Everyone said collectively, as Wyvon left after him. Taking one last glance at the weeping Rino, he gritted his teeth tightly.

"Don't worry... I'll protect you this time... I promise." He muttered, following Ryuzaki.

"...I want to say sorry to them. But I know they won't accept it."

"Rino..." Zeon spoke up from the silence, looking at him. Comforting him was Serena, patting his back as she was checking on him. Rino continued to cover his mouth while sobbing warm tears. "I'm sorry..."

"W...What are you sorry for...?" Rino asked with a hoarse voice, sniffling.

"For kidnapping you that day... because of it, you know what happened..."

"I'm also sorry..." Ryu said, looking at Rino. "I should've went with Wyvon that day... we were in the same hospital room too... but I decided to wait for everyone else as reinforcements... maybe if I was there, I could've stood a fighting chance... and prevented any of this..."

"Rino, I'm sorry too! I shouldn't have just left you and Zeon alone together on those stairs like that..." Shika growled, putting a hand against his face. "If I just stuck around, or dragged you to lesson with me... I could've prevented this all."

"We're sorry too..." Payic and Maverick said simultaneously.

"If we only found you quicker..." Payic laughed dryly.

"We... we could've saved you..." Maverick said.

"Y-you guys..." Rino said quietly, wiping his tears. Serena handed him a tissue, blowing his nose. "You don't have to apologise... it's no one's fault..."

"It's my fault." Max spoke up, putting his hands into his pockets. "Everything is my fault."

"I'm... confused on whats going on..." Yozora whispered to Chiharu, who nodded.

"I have no clue what's happening either..."

"Max raped both Rino and Wyvon while the Яeverse fiasco was happening." Inu explained to the couple. "This is nearly a year back, but the grudge still remains. Max was one of the main Яeverse guys, alongside Zeon, Rukia, Ayato, Tai and Kane... of course, they were lead by Backlion. Max wasn't really following orders, and due to being Яeversed, he was influenced to rape Wyvon and Rino. That's the whole story, from what I've heard."

"I know it's meaningless to apologise, but it's the only thing I can do for you two..." Max said, wiping his own tears away. He looked at Rino with regret filling his eyes. "So... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

"Saying sorry won't do anything, Max." Rino said, his feminine voice disappearing in favour for a more masculine one. "Instead of wasting your breath on that word... how about you do something to show you've changed?"

"What should I do then?! Tell me! I'd do anything to fix myself!"

"Do you really think I know? Don't be ridiculous... of course I don't... Figure it out yourself."

"Then I've decided that my first step is to help get the Zeroth Dragon..."

"You're going in the right direction then." Rino said, his voice slowly becoming more feminine.

"Rino... I've never gotten to ask... how... how do you feel towards me?" Max asked.

"That's a bit insensitive don't you think?" Serena cut in.

"It's kind of obvious, dude." Ryu said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm just curious..." Max said.

"I don't think he needs to tell you of all people." Payic replied.

"Guys..." Rino said, shaking his head. "Thank you for protecting me but... for once, I do need to talk about my own emotions."

"To Max? Are you sure?" Serena asked.

"Yes. To Max."

"Rino, you don't have to it..."

"I want to do it. Thank you though, Serena."

"So, how do you feel towards me?" Max asked again.

"Max... the first time I met you, you reminded me of Wyvon... and that eased me into trusting you easily, since I trusted Wyvon. However, ever since that day, I don't know what to think of you. I would never admit this to Wyvon but... these days I struggle to keep a straight face and smile, since he reminds me of you, and that reminds me of that dark time... Even if I was drugged and unconscious for a majority, I can still remember it... I felt embarrassed, scared and useless. I was being kissed, hugged, and raped in front of the person I... l... lo..." Rino took a deep breath, choking on the word he was about to utter.

"Don't force yourself..." Serena said, patting his back. "Take your time. If he rushes you, we'll make him quiet."

"The person I... was best friends with... that kind of feeling is something you don't just forget... I was scared, since I didn't know what was happening. My body was in pain all around, and I was alone with you. I didn't expect you to be so evil...  I trusted you, and believed I was safe. And I was useless because... I couldn't do anything... I can just faintly remember memories of you... hitting and shoving Wyvon over and over as he became a man-shield for me... trying to stop you from raping me... but you still continued, bruising him and making him bleed because you were getting mad... he was protecting me with his life on the line... and yet I stayed there, unable to take the force you were piling on him. And what you did to him as well was despicable... I would've just preferred if I was your human fuck-doll, but you had to be greedy, and rape him too, even though you've already savoured him before this incident... you did something to him which he kept silent about, again, and that hurt him even more and destroyed his mental health... he was distressed and depressed... and I couldn't help him.. Wyvon doesn't talk much about how he feels. So when he confided in me about this the first time... I couldn't help but my fear of you increase, and my hate towards you sky-rocket. But... during this period of time, healing my wounds... I've found a small part of me, which realised my hate and fear was pointing the wrong way. Yes, I dislike you. Yes, I can't forgive what you did. But I want to do... is forgive you. Not the Яeverse Max. But the normal Max, who had to suffer from the Яeverse Max's mistakes. Hating someone, and holding grudges just simply isn't in my nature... I think... if you were suffering all that time alone, of course you hit a dead end. No friends, no outs, no nothing to restart your life... you were tainted, and haunted by your past. Instead of piling onto your anxieties and worries, I want to lift some of them off you. I know Wyvon won't ever forgive you, and I respect his decision... but me, I want to be able to let go, and not hate someone forever. That's the kind of person I want to be. So Max... my feeling towards you are... I don't hate you. I forgive you. What I hate and won't forgive however... is the Яeverse Max's actions."

As he listened intently to Rino's feelings, Max's body shivered with uncertainty. His chest was closing in on itself, and his stomach felt uneasy, before the realisation had hit Max's heart deeply. Striking a chord within it, tears began to overflow from his eyes, while his legs buckled under him, making him crawl at Rino's feet. He sobbed, as Rino walked over to him, and towered over him with sorrowful eyes.

"In a weird way, I thank you," Rino said, kneeling beside him, and patted his back gently, feeling nothing but sympathy. "That event... changed my life. I realise that I need to focus on what makes me happy, rather than living up to other people's standards."

"No... save your breath..." Max sniffled, looking at the floor in writhed agony. "Save it for the person who needs it most... Wyvon... He needs you more than I do..."

"Ironically, that's the kind of thing he'd say." Rino said, standing up, and extending a hand. "You two are more alike than I thought."

"Me and Wyvon alike...? Nonsense..."

Inside a quartz white room, filled by various units, Wyvon and Ryuzaki stood at each end of the room, glaring deeply as they fought on the GIRS system. They were at each other's throats, arguing during the entire fight. Huffing and puffing, they both exhausted their breaths, while Ryuzaki stood his units, signalling his turn.

"You two are more alike than I thought..." Ryuzaki said, drawing a card. "Stubborn, stupid and thoughtless. Two sides of the same coin. You could've ended up just like him."

"Me and Max... alike? Don't make me laugh!" Wyvon howled, aggressiveness dripping from his hoarse voice. "Stubborn, stupid and thoughtless, huh? You're also describing yourself! How stupid are you? Like you said, you were there too! You saw what he did! And don't give me the massive brain genius bullshit, because newsflash, you are not a genius! You're stupid, like the rest of us!"

"What did you just say?!" Ryuzaki shouted, gritting his teeth. "Me, stupid?"

"Yes, stupid! You're ignorant, reckless and a shitty person! The reason people hang around you is because you're more rich than we'll all ever be, and your Mansion is large enough to house more than a hundred people! Instead of boosting your own ego for once, look down from an everyday normal perspective!"

"Bullshit! People hang around me because they actually like me. I don't see anyone other than Rino hanging around with you on a daily basis."

"And? I'm not popular; I've accepted it, but for once, take away your wealth and power, and look at yourself! You disgust me, damn it! At least I'm humble and don't talk big, and can recognise when something is a bad idea!"

"I'm saying nobody likes you!" Ryuzaki shouted, binding a card in the drop zone. "Is that so fucking hard to get into your head? Just because I play myself up as a bit of joke doesn't make me egotistical - I'm still human, like the rest of you! I've had my failures, I've had my hardships! But you know what no one gave me during those hardships and failures?"

"What?"

"Support from people. I had to rely on myself, and had no friends. What did I do? I used people as tools... and you know what those "tools" became? My girlfriend and best friend."

"This relates... how?"

"This relates to Max. He's in a similar position I'm in, and I don't want to look the other way - everyone deserves a second chance - even you! Even though you've been shit-talking me for the past thirty minutes, I'm not even mad... I understand how sad, frustrated and angry you must be due to the circumstances, and for that, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, if it means anything of worth. Instead of beating someone who's on the ground, help them up. Isn't that what Rino would do?!"

"...don't drag him into this again!"

"Rino is a perfect statue of reason for someone like you. He's your closest companion, so of course you'd listen to him. If he told you Max was a good person, what would you do?"

"I... I wouldn't believe it for a second! Rino wouldn't ever say that!"

"Wyvon... you're pathetic. You don't even understand how your best friend's mind works. You say you'll protect him, but you can't even understand his head! You won't be doing anything to save him if you can't understand him!"

"SHUT UP! GET ON WITH YOUR TURN!"

"Fine, but my last words are this: set aside your past for just a few days; you don't even have work or be near Max. Loathe him all you want, but this is his ticket to redemption, and I'm not going to let that disappear."

"Why do you care so much about his redemption?!"

"Because even I need my own redemption..." Ryuzaki said bitterly, looking at his empty right hand. "One more thing."

"What...?"

"I refuse to allow your emotions getting in the way of saving the world. Which is why..." Ryuzaki put his closed hand over a face down stack of cards; a white card began rising from the pile. It hovered under his palm as he moved his hand over the vanguard circle. Releasing his hand, it caused the card to drop on the vanguard circle, making him grin. "I'll unleash the always evolving Generation Zone! Open the gates for the utopic future! Transcend—Chronodragon Gearnext!"

(Ending 3 here)

Kicking open the door of Ryuzaki's study room, Inu wheezed for air as he waved a document inside his hand. Even though it was late at night outside, it was the only light source inside the dark room. Catching his breath, Inu fumbled towards Ryuzaki, who sat in his chair with a bucket of popcorn in his lap. He munched on it, watching the latest episode of "White Flower" with headphones plugged in. The blue light of the screen blasted Inu's eyes, making him squint, while Ryuzaki kept had his wide open.

"Ryuzu..." Inu said, tapping Ryuzaki's shoulder. Turning to face him, Ryuzaki raised a brow and paused the video playing on his monitor. Taking off his headphones, he looked at Inu dully. "Breaking... information..."

"What is it Itu? I'll make you pay for making me pause Captain Hikari fighting Dunkelheit if it's not important!" Ryuzaki shouted. "And why couldn't it be Payic?! Why you?!"

"Quiet down, they're trying to sleep..." Inu chucked the documents on Ryuzaki's table, flipping the cover open. "Take a look at them, if you want."

"It's just... documents on Yozora and Kristy? Why are you showing me this? How did you even get all of this information?" Ryuzaki questioned, looking at Inu.

"You have the power to get all of this, but ignore that! What's missing from all this?" Inu scowled, pouting.

"...let me see..." Ryuzaki said, flipping through what Inu had stuffed into the documents. "...what is missing?"

"Birth certificates. Yozora and Kristy do not have birth certificates." Inu sighed, pointing on the document.

"My God... you're right... well, this information wasn't useful at all, thanks for ruining my night Ihu. Now fuck off!"

"...you're gonna regret saying that." Inu muttered as he left. Ryuzaki chuckled, taking a look over the document again.

"Good work, Inu." Ryuzaki said quietly, putting the document away. "If they don't have birth certificates... that's massive... Yozora and Kristy don't exist then? Or rather... they do exist. But under a different name... Hmm..."

Next time on Z World:

#26: Izanoku Shinoa

Izanoku: As the group Ryuzaki forms leaves to China to search for Megiddo, you get one last taste of Japan as you follow me, Callum and Zak we play with potentially world destroying Zeroth Dragons!

Masaru: *looks around* And I'm involved?

Izanoku: Make sure to check it out!!

================================

A/N

Welcome to another Author's Note! This one was very dialogue heavy since I wanted to express lots of themes in this chapter through Wyvon's and Max's deep conflict. Sorry to mobile readers, you're going to have to read walls of text...

I hope you also liked the little post-credit scene. It's a flashback, if it wasn't obvious. I meant to put it into last chapter, but apparently 2000 words is very easy to hit, and I didn't want to go past that *too* much (I nearly reached 3000 last chapter whoops) this chapter I went all out with 4000+ words...

I think it'll be worth it though, since if anything from this chapter, I hope you'll get some moral value or have a strong opinion on the whole Wyvon-Max-Rino dilemma. This kind of morality is fun to write, but takes a lot of words... if some parts don't make sense, feel free to ask so I can expand on it.

Your goof of the week!

Max: HEY!

Ryuzaki: Who needs "What's in my Pockets"?! We can have "The [___] Starter Pack"!

Max: I hate you guys...

And I was this close to having no OCs in A/N. Oh well...

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro