#39: Hole

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Opening here)

"Welcome to the Black Hole, Yozora Shinsei."

The cold, unnerving voice that hazily filled Yozora's head after his terror filled gasp had caused a hick in his hitched breathing. Collecting himself together, Yozora slowly opened his eyes, discovering his sight had returned to him. Within the darkness he could make out a hand stuck out in front of his face, and a tall man who owned that hand. Reluctantly, Yozora took the hand, and held onto it with a steel grip.

A wave of painful clangs hit Yozora's head, making him flinch and grit the front of his teeth tightly. Hissing from the corners of his lips, he slowly pulled himself to his feet with the help of the man. Not only did Yozora find himself hurt physically, but he found the sudden migraine that wormed into his head being more painful, and more nostalgic. It was like he had felt this crashing wave of pain before, but he couldn't quite distinctly remember where. With his heart racing in anticipation for what would happen next, Yozora let go of the man's hand, before observing what was around him.

Immediately striking Yozora was a soft hum that whirred and vibrated in the background, causing him to jitter from how distracting it was. It was like the worst form of white noise. Simultaneously, he felt a cool breeze flutter past him and circulate around the vast room the two were in. Then, his eyes locked onto the man who had helped him up. Looking up and down the man, it was Yozora's turn to inspect him, albeit in the pitch dark. He made out a figure, wearing the same cloak as the likes of Inferno and Magus, but in deep black. His mask covered all but a quarter of his face, which made Yozora feel more uneasy at his masked opponent.

Stepping back to find some personal space, Yozora found the floor under him feel strange. It reminded him of floating on air, yet there was something solid under him, causing confusion to fill his already distorted head. Slowly running a hand down his chest, Yozora breathed deeply to try and steady himself from everything that had just hit him. Looking at his feet, then at the man, he bit his lip then opened his mouth.

"Who the hell are you, why am I here, and what the hell do you want from me?! Are we really in a black hole?!" Yozora exclaimed, a rampant burst of emotions leaving his hoarse voice.

"This is merely a personal room called the Black Hole. My name is Kai, and I am here for your Zeroth Dragon." He replied in a cold tone, stepping forward to Yozora.

"So you're the guy Inferno was referring to..." Yozora muttered, tightening his fist. "Can we at least have the lights on?"

"You don't enjoy the darkness of a black hole?" Kai asked.

"Not particularly. In fact, I don't like this room at all... let me out of here! Bring me back to my friends!" Yozora exclaimed. "Let me see Chiharu! Let me be with her!"

"Then I shall accommodate, because I have a funny feeling we'll be staying here for awhile." Kai said, snapping his fingers. Soon, the once pitch black room was illuminated by dots of stars, shining with a white light. It was a mesmerising show, a treat for the eyes. The room itself, once engorged by light, had revealed it's true colours of dazzling hues of red, blue and green, all cascading into one another like an aurora. It resembled space, more specifically the Milky Way, and Yozora admitted to himself it was undeniably pretty.

"What do you mean staying here for awhile...?" Yozora raised a brow, his heart being filled with concern and worry.

"If you want to see your friends, then you must follow the singular rule of this room." Kai said, pointing at Yozora and capturing his attention. Kai pointed downwards, making Yozora lay eyes on a colourless, holographic, floating fight table that were between the two. "No one can enter or leave the black hole unless it is by my desire. Using this rule, it is my desire that for someone to leave, someone in this room must be defeated in a cardfight and one person must activate the Zeroth Dragon they may own."

"So, if I follow those two conditions, I can leave?" Yozora asked.

"Yes." Kai replied, taking out his deck and placing it on the fight table. Underneath the deck, it flashed red, and the holographic mat turned a deep red colour. The cards began shuffling automatically, and five cards were chosen from the top of the deck, and floated in front of Kai.

"Okay... that shouldn't be too hard." Yozora mumbled, nervously taking out his deck from his FICA. "I can win with Stark. No problem." He said to himself, placing the deck onto the fight table. Underneath the deck, it flashed light blue, and the holographic mat turned a pale blue colour. The cards began shuffling automatically, and five cards were chosen from the top of the deck, and floated in front of Yozora. Throughly impressed, Yozora simply tapped on the cards he didn't want, and they returned to the deck, self-shuffling again, and drawing cards equal from the top of the deck.

"One of your friends was here a couple months ago. I've renovated the place and added some new features since the last time he was here." Kai said, tapping on the cards he didn't want.

"I definitely needed to know that..." Yozora thought, looking at his hand. "He was? What was his name?"

"Ryu, if I recall correctly." Kai said, looking at his hand curiously as well. "Heads or tails?"

"Ryu... I'll choose heads." Yozora said. "So he's using Link Joker... either way, I'll be using Stark as I don't have an out to lock..."

"That leaves me with tails." Kai said, as a coin formed in the air, flipping itself above the fight table. Dropping on Kai's side on tails, it disintegrated into dust. "I'll start then."

"Stand up, (the!) Vanguard!"

"Involution Star-vader, Carbon!" Kai exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding red.

"Reborn Phoenix of Star Demon Series, Hou-Ou!" Yozora exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding light blue.

"Stand and draw! I ride Turmoil Star-vader, Zinc, and move Carbon back! Turn end!" Kai exclaimed.

Kai:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Shape-shifting Star Demon Series, Bakeneko, and move Hou-Ou back! I'll use Hou-Ou's skill, I rest him and discard a card to draw a card! Bakeneko gets 5k! (7000 > 12000) Bakeneko, attack! (12000)"

"No guard!" Kai exclaimed.

"Drive check! (Floodgate Star Demon Series, Akashita)"

"Damage check! (Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Close)"

"Turn end!" Yozora exclaimed.

Kai:
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Star-vader, Globuladia! Boosted by Carbon, Globuladia attacks! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!" Yozora exclaimed.

"Drive check! (Star-vader, Paradigm Shift Dragon) Critical, all to vanguard! (14000 > 19000/1★ > 2★)"

"Damage check! (Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi, Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai)"

"Turn end!" Kai exclaimed.

Kai:
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me! I call, Akashita and Daidarabotchi! Skill of Daidarabotchi, I reveal Myo-kurenai in my hand to add another copy from deck! I shuffle and discard Kameosa. Hou-Ou's skill, rest him and discard a card to draw a card and give Akashita 5k! (9000 > 14000) Skill of Wanyudo, I discard him from hand to mill two (Paving Star Demon Series, Shidaidaka, Hungry Star Demon Series, Futakuchi-onna) and draw a card! Call another Te-no-me! Te-no-me, attack! (9000)"

"Beloved Child of the Superstring Theory! (14000)"

"My vanguard attacks you next! (9000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Possessed Star Demon Series, Kameosa) Stand, all to Te-no-me! (9000 > 14000)"

"Damage check! (Star-vader, Penrose Gate)"

"Te-no-me, again! (14000)"

"Apollonel Dragon! (19000)"

"Boosted by Daidarabotchi, Akashita! (14000 > 21000)"

"No guard! (Star-vader, Mulepton)"

"Turn end!" Yozora huffed.

Kai:
Hand: 4
Damage: 3
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
Damage: 2
XXX
XXO

"Stand and draw. BE SWEPT UP IN A VORTEX OF DESPAIR AS THE CHAINS THAT LOCK THE DRAGON SHATTER LIKE HOPE! SHOW NO MERCY, I RIDE MY AVATAR, STAR-VADER, CHAOS BREAKER CRISIS!" The vanguard circle expanded black with a scatter of red, causing a criss-cross, red electric effect to run through the holographic playmat while Kai's eyes began glowing a menacing red.

"Chaos... Breaker?" Yozora muttered, as his head began to feel like it was being torn apart by a burning sensation that had lit his head on fire. Previously, it only felt like a headache to Yozora. Now, it had escalated from a mild headache, to something even worse, like a burning fever. He felt the most molten hot heat spreading across his forehead, and move slowly to other parts of his head, deep into his temples, and the top, sides and back of his head. They ran rampant and wild, sending waves and waves of immeasurable pain eating at him mentally and physically. As this new found feeling clawed at his brain and compacted his skull, it produced a crushing sensation deep in his mind, and deep inside his heart. Yozora screamed at the pain that had been inflicted upon him, feeling his mind shatter to pieces. Dropping to his knees, Yozora held his head tightly as if he were trying to contain something that was coming out, and his glasses fell off and on to the floor, his hands tangled in his hair. His whole body shook violently, and his eyes were wide open, pupils and irises both diluted and jittering up and down, and side to side.

"B̸L̸A̸C̸K̸ C̸HAI̸NS T̸H̸A̸T̸ H̸O̸L̸D̸ T̸H̸E̸ D̸RAG̸ON, B̸E̸ B̸R̸O̸K̸E̸N̸ A̸N̸D̸ U̸N̸L̸E̸A̸S̸H̸ T̸R̸U̸E̸ C̸H̸A̸O̸S̸!! SHOW̸ N̸O̸ M̸ERC̸Y̸, I̸ R̸I̸DE̸ M̸Y̸ A̸VATA̸R!! C̸HAOS B̸REAK̸ER̸ D̸R̸A̸G̸O̸N̸, B̸R̸E̸A̸K̸ R̸I̸D̸E̸!!"

"Why... now? WHY DO I GET A STUPID MEMORY NOW

WHY DO I REMEMBER THIS FROM ALL THINGS TELL ME WHY DAMN IT WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MEMORY I NEVER CARDFIGHTED UNTIL THAT BITCH UBUME MADE ME CARDFIGHT I NEVER PLAYED VANGUARD BEFORE AND I NEVER PLAYED ANYONE USING CHAOS BREAKER IS THIS MEMORY EVEN REAL WHAT WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER I DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT THIS LIKE PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE LET ME REMEMBER MORE NO I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER MORE THIS MEMORY WILL HURT ME WHY DO I REMEMBER MY PAST NOW WHAT IS MY PAST DO I HAVE A PAST MY PAST EXISTS WITH CHIHARU CHIHARU I LOVE YOU CHIHARU KEEPS ME SAFE CHIHARU KEEPS ME HAPPY CHIHARU MAKES IT SO I DON'T EVER WANT TO REMEMBER NO I WANT TO REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE WAS I A CARDFIGHTER BEFORE IS THAT WHY THIS GAME WAS SO EASY DO I KNOW KAI IS KAI A FRIEND KAI IS A FRIEND HES MY BEST FRIEND KAI IS MY BEST FRIEND BEST FRIENDS ARE NICE PEOPLE AREN'T THEY CHIHARU IS A NICE PEOPLE I LIKE NICE PEOPLE I AM A NICE PEOPLE UBUME ISN'T A NICE PEOPLE SHE HURT ME SHE TRIED TO KILL ME UBUME IS A BITCH BITCHES CAN DIE DO I KNOW OF A BITCH YES BITCH NO BITCH SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH OH GOD IT HURTS IT FUCKING HURTS STOP IT MY HEAD IS ON FIRE IT FEELS LIKE IM GOING TO FUCKING EXPLODE IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER KAI KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK RIDEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBREAKER DRAGON, BREAK RIDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK RIDE
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK RIDE
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK HIM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK HIM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON, BREAK ME
CHAOS BREAKER DRAGON
I r e m e m b e rCHAOSw h o a r e y o uBREAKERo hDRAGONm y a c e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ed i d i e v e r u s e y o u a g a i n s tTHIS NAME I CANNOT REMEMBERK...WHO YOU AREKa...I USED YOU DIDN'T I WHAT WAS NAMEKy...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I d o n t r e m e m b e r y o u V o r t e x B r e a t h

I t h i n k y o u w e r e s t r o n g

u n l i k e m e

w h o w a s

w e a k.

w h a t a

B L A C K H O L E

H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A H A

Chaos Breaker is a

memory

I don't want this

memory

I want to live as

Yozora."

"Born from your old memories... is a new power."

"I love you, Ubume-san."

"As your mother, I will keep you safe."

"Mother is kind."

"It's been forever since you've complimented me, Yozora."

"Yes."

"Do you feel it?"

"Feel it? This... wind?"

"Yes. That violent wind you gave birth to."

"I... can't feel it."

"I see... You will learn of it's powers in this fight."

"Yes... Um, is this power strong?"

"That power... is your strongest weapon in this fight."

"Get up from your feet. It's unsightly." Kai said, looking down at Yozora who was on struggling on the floor. "Chaos Breaker attacks! (11000 > 16000) Joker's Game!!"

"Your name..." Yozora struggled to get up, the burning sensation still racking in his head. "Kai... Kai... Kai... Kai..."

"That is my name." Kai replied, watching the twitchy boy try to get a grip on himself.

"Kai Kai Kai Kai Kai Kai Kai." Yozora repeated, his entire body shaking to its very core. Letting his dark blue hair fall over his black eyes, he looked at his hands of cards with skewed eyes and weak vision. With his glasses crushed to pieces under his foot, Yozora laughed at his own misery, before feeling a slender hand grip onto his wrist.

"I shall help you."

"Thanks... Ubume-san." Yozora said with his shaky voice, his hand being guided into his chest. "No guard."

"You've gone insane." Kai mumbled, flipping the top two cards of his deck over.

"I finally got... a memory." Yozora smiled in a twisted fashion, his eyes looking all over the place. Laughing hysterically, he felt tears burn up into his eyes from the pain and suffering he was being pounded with.

"Twin Drive!! (Companion Star Star-vader, Photon, Star-vader, Penrose Gate)"

"No triggers? (Floodgate Star Demon Series, Akashita)" Yozora exclaimed, his right hand slowly moving to his face, and slapping it. His hair flickered up and out of his eyesight, making him see Kai with his blurred vision. Smiling, Yozora's eyes widened and his smile grew into a cold frown as the tears inside his eyes fell down his red cheeks. "But I... I thought you were my best friend..."

"What?" Kai raised a brow. "I end my turn."

"WHAT ELSE IS REAL ANYMORE?!" Yozora screeched, dropping to his knees again and covering his face with his hands. "I'M SICK OF IT I'M SICK OF LIVING PLEASE KILL ME KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KAI KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL ME MURDER MURDER MURDER MUR-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH." Kai boomed, walking to the boy and slamming his foot down near Yozora's head to silence him. The sudden sound jerked Yozora's head up to look at Kai who's hands were balled up into fists and curled up tightly. "I've had enough of your nonsense. Get on with your turn, and don't mention anything about murder."

"But you've murdered...?" Yozora looked up at Kai with a childish innocence. "OH GOD THESE MEMORIES ARE GOING TO MELT MY BRAIN LIKE A PUDDING I LOVE PUDDING PUDDING IS DELICIOUS CHEESE IS EVEN TASTIER BUT CHEESE SMELLS GROSS FARTS ARE DISGUSTING SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT IS LIKE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE IS SWEET IS SHIT SWEET OH SHIT IS SO SWEET ITS LIKE LIQUID CHOCOLATE HOT CHOCOLATE BUT I HATE THE WINTER ITS SO COLD!"

"It's a sad sight..." Kai said to himself while walking back to his side. "How far you've fallen, Yozora."

Kai:
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
XXX
XXO

"Get a hold of yourself, Yozora!"

"I... I'm trying too, Ubume..." Yozora said through gentle sobs. "But... it's hard... it's hard to keep myself together..."

"I'll put you back together."

"...Ubume..." Yozora muttered, before another stream of tears ran down his cheeks. "I'm so confused... I'm scared... I'm... gonna go insane..."

"You'll be fine... just focus on the cardfight for now, okay? If you do well, I'll give you a reward."

"Reward, huh..." Yozora sniffled, wiping his cheeks. "I'll try... I'll try hard... but no promises..."

"That's good enough for me, Yozora."

(Play song in media here)

"Thank you..." Yozora muttered, lightly tapping his red, right cheek with his right hand. "I stand and draw... Blue stardust that forms the demons, gather in my palm and become the person I want to be! I ride my avatar, Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai!"

"You finally make some sense." Kai said.

"His on-ride skill, I discard a card and reveal the top four cards of my deck! (Paving Star Demon Series, Shidaidaka, Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai, Stardust Nurse, Possessed Star Demon Series, Kameosa) I add one to hand, call one and put the rest to drop zone! I add Myo-kurenai to hand and call Shidaidaka! Now, Generation Zone, unleash! Widow Star Demon Series, Joro-Gumo!" The vanguard circle expanded light blue. "Joro-Gumo's skill, I counterblast and G Persona Blast, I return three cards from my drop zone to my deck, and shuffle my deck! Then, I retire one of your rear-guards! Carbon, retire! Since I retired a grade 1 or less rear-guard, she gets an extra critical! (1★ > 2★) Hou-Ou's skill, rest him, discard a card, draw a card and Akashita gets 5k! (9000 > 14000) Te-no-me's Stellar 3! He gets 5k! (9000 > 14000) Hou-Ou's other skill, Stellar 3! I put him into soul, and call Kameosa from my drop zone to rear-guard! He gets 5k! (4000 > 9000) Kameosa's Stellar 1! I soulblast and put to the bottom of my deck two drop zone cards! He gets 5k again! (9000 > 14000) Shidaidaka's Stellar 5! He gets 15k! (7000> 22000) Akashita's skill, I put to the bottom of my deck a drop zone card to countercharge and give him 7k! (14000 > 21000) Now, boosted by Daidarabotchi, Akashita attacks! (21000 > 28000)"

"Generation Guard! Large Wheel of the Cosmos, Cosmo Wreath! (26000) Skill, counterblast and you choose a card in your back row, and lock it!"

"I lock Daidarabotchi! (28000 > 21000)"

"Good enough for me."

"Akashita's skill, at the end of the battle he attacks, since I have a Myo-kurenai vanguard, I can counterblast and soulblast to draw a card and stand him! Go get him, Akashita! (21000)"

"No guard! (Star-vader, Magellanic Stream) Heal trigger, all to my vanguard and heal! (11000 > 16000)"

"Grr... You won't be escaping this! Boosted by Kameosa, my vanguard attacks! (26000/2★ > 40000/2★)"

"Thorium, perfect guard!"

"Triple drive! (Protector Star Demon Series, Zashiki-warashi, Shape-shifting Demon Series, Bakeneko, Hungry Star Demon Series, Futakuchi-onna) Damn it... Boosted by Shidaidaka, Te-no-me attacks! (14000 > 36000) Skill, I counterblast to return two cards from my drop zone to deck and draw a card!"

"No guard! (Star-vader, Penrose Gate)"

"You barely escaped my assault with the skin of your teeth..." Yozora growled harshly. "Turn end! Skill of Kameosa, he goes back into deck!"

"You did really well, Yozora."

"T-thanks..."

Kai:
Hand: 3
Damage: 4
OXO
OOO

Yozora:
Hand: 8
XXX
XOX

"Stand and draw. Generation Zone, release! THE CARD OF DEATH HAS BEEN PREDICTED, AND THE GAME IS OVER AS THE CLOWN DECLARES IT! SHOW NO MERCY, GENERATION STRIDE! DEATH STAR-VADER, CHAOS UNIVERSE! Skill of Close which I discarded for the cost! Soulblast, and call a card from your hand to rear-guard circle as locked!"

"I call Bakeneko as locked!"

"Stride skill! I counterblast a Star-vader, and you lock one of your rear-guards!"

"I lock Shidaidaka!"

"Chaos Universe's skill! I counterblast and G Persona Blast, and I lock Akashita!"

"Good thing I called to the open rear when I had the chance..." Yozora breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now that you have your head screwed on straight, it seems you can concentrate now. I call, Paradigm Shift Dragon! I return him to deck and I lock Daidarabotchi! Now, Chaos Universe, attack! (26000)"

"Zashiki-warashi, perfect guard!"

"Triple drive!! (Star-vader, Quark Shoebill) Draw, all to vanguard and draw! (26000 > 31000) (Star-vader, Quark Shoebill) Draw, all to vanguard and draw! (31000 > 36000) (Companion Star Star-vader, Photon) Turn end."

"That was a weak turn... are you even trying?!"

"I'm simply being patient."

Kai:
Hand: 7
OXO
OOO

Yozora:
—XX
———

"Use it. Your new power."

"Alright..." Yozora said, giving a soft smile. "Generation Break 2 skill of Myo-kurenai! I put a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck, and countercharge! Generation Zone, unleash!" Yozora exclaimed, slamming a card into the drop zone, lighting up in a black, astral colour. "The one who has been sealed away for centuries, break free from death with your new body! Devour anything you touch and engulf this world, Black Hole Star Demon Series, Sealed Vortex Dragon!" He shouted, the vanguard circle expanding devoid with any form of colour.

"I... can't believe it..." Kai gasped, watching his own room begin to distort and quiver before the appearance of Yozora's new stride. "He's.... alive... Black Hole Dragon was alive... and hidden in you...?!"

"I don't know what the hell your on about..." Yozora grit his teeth, blood running down his chin. "But... this dragon was born from my memories! If you got a problem, like hell do I care now!" He roared, before falling onto one knee and coughing harshly. Feeling a tight grip on his chest, Yozora looked down with a pale face and nauseating expression as he began shaking before his own puddle of blood spreading across the floor. Coughing more, blood spewed out of his mouth and ran down his nose, dying his face in liquid red.

"As expected... you can't handle the power of the collected Black Hole Dragons..." Kai muttered. "It's too much for one person... abort the Stride and change to something else!"

"What... did... I... say?!" Yozora growled, rising to his feet. With an insatiable rage flickering in his black eyes, he tightened his fist and slammed it on the holographic table. "I'm gonna use this fucking dragon, and you're not going to stop me! TEAR HIM TO PIECES, SEALED VORTEX DRAGON ATTACKS! (26000) BLACK HOLE TRANSCENDENCE!"

"This is bad... No guard!" Kai exclaimed.

"Triple drive!!" Yozora roared, as a pair of blood red eyes lit up behind him, which made Kai let out a small gasp and step back. "First check! (Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi) Second check! (Floodgate Star Demon Series, Akashita) Third check! (Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi) Critical! All to vanguard! (26000 > 31000/1★ > 2★) EAT HIM UP, VORTEX BREATH!"

"Damage checks... (Star-vader, Paradigm Shift Dragon) Critical, all to vanguard! (11000 > 16000) (Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Crisis)" Kai muttered, before feeling a new gust of wind circulate around him. This time, the wind blew inwards at Yozora's direction, while he was on his physical breaking point. Barely standing up and covered in blood from head to toe, Yozora huffed and puffed as his frail body tried to withstand the power Sealed Vortex Dragon contained. He was quivering in his spot, looking like a candle in the wind. He was a stick that could break any second. As the gust of winds began to pick up, it resembled to something of a vortex, spiralling behind Yozora.

"Vortex's... skill...!" Yozora wheezed, dropping to his knees again. Rising up again, he grit his teeth stained in red. "Generation Break 3! I counterblast two, and you flip two of your face up damage face down! I discard cards equal to the number of face up cards in the damage zone, and RESTAND THE VANGUARD!" Yozora yelled, discarding zero cards. "He gets 10k and drive -1! (31000 > 41000/3 > 2)" As the unit stood itself on the mat, a shrill sound of a dragon echoed through the room, and the intensity of the distortion enhanced by tenfold. Yozora felt a bone snap in his body and shrieked in pain as a swirling hole of air began forming while Yozora was on his knees. The red eyes began glowing even more, causing him to curl up and try to deal with the overwhelming pain.

"Just end your turn! You won't survive if you continue pushing yourself using him!" Kai exclaimed, narrowing his eyes.

"Shut up..." Yozora growled, trying to pick himself up. "I'M NOT DONE UNTIL I ALSO USE THE DAMN ZEROTH DRAGON, SO YOU BETTER SURVIVE THIS FUCKING ATTACK! SEALED VORTEX'S GENERATION BREAK 4!"

"What?!"

"FOR EVERY TWO FACE DOWN CARDS IN THE DAMAGE ZONE, SEALED VORTEX GETS 3K AND A CRITICAL! THERE'S SIX, SO I ADD 9000 AND 3 CRITICAL! (41000 > 50000/2★ > 5★) DURING THE SECOND BATTLE HE ATTACKS, DRIVE+1! (2 > 3) SEALED VORTEX, DEVOUR HIM! (50000/5★) BLACK HOLE DEVOURING!"

At this point, Yozora broke. He fell to the floor, squirming in puddles of his own blood due to the pain he was inflicted with. Closing his eyes, he stopped struggling and felt all sorts of his body break before him. Bones shattering, organs failing, and his heart being forced to pump blood at an alarming rate.

"I don't want to die..."

"You won't die. I promise I'll keep you alive."

"U...Ubume...?"

"Save your breath. I'm going to put you back together... like I promised."

"Don't let me die here, please... I still... have so much..."

"What are you most afraid of?"

"Disappearing..."

"Then... I won't ever let you disappear."

"Thorium, perfect guard! Skill, since you have three or more locked units, I draw a card!"

Three cards flipped from Yozora's deck automatically. (Stardust Nurse, Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me, Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai) Then, his locked cards unlocked, and two of Kai's face down damage turned face up.

"Skill of Crisis. I retire Bakeneko and draw a card." Kai said. The beady red eyes behind Yozora disappeared, and the room stabilised back to it's normal conditions. The violent wind that came with the dragon slowly calmed down, and eventually stopped. The only sound left in the room was the low hum inside the Black Hole.

Yozora laid defeated in the floor, feeling blood cover all over his body. With a crushed body, he let out a weak breath and opened one of his eyes, and looked at the palm of his left hand. Nothing but crimson was painted on his hand, yet a strange blue glow was coming off through the layers of thin red. It manifested into the Stardust Knight clan symbol, and engulfed Yozora in a gentle blue light.

"I can hear it... my unit's voices, telling me to keep fighting, even though my body and mind is beyond repair..."

Kai:
Damage: 5
OXO
OOO

Yozora:
Hand: 11
XXX
XOX

"This is a sad sight." Kai said, drawing a card. "Generation Zone, release! If you are the hero that will save the world, rise to your feet now! Otherwise, struggle under your own delusions! WELCOME TO "HARD MODE". SHOW NO MERCY, GENERATION STRIDE! DEATH STAR-VADER, CHAOS BREAKER DELUGE!"

"I'm nowhere close to being a hero that could even save the world..." Yozora muttered weakly, using any energy left in his body to sit up. The holographic mat moved down to his current position, and he looked at his hand cards. "I'm just a normal boy... who loves music... right...?"

"Stride skill! I counterblast a Star-vader, and you lock one of your rear-guards!"

"Akashita, lock..."

"Deluge's skill! Soulblast, G Blast and discard a card! Since I have a "Chaos" heart, choose two cards from your hand, and call them to rear-guard as locked!"

"I call, Bakeneko and Kameosa, and lock them..."

"Then, since you have four or less damage, I choose one of your locked cards, and send it to the damage zone face down! Bakeneko to become damage!"

"Done..."

"Call, Photon! Skill, since you have another rear-guard, I lock Te-no-me! This is the triangle lock that will hold you down forever! This is your... "Game Over". Chaos Breaker Deluge, attack! (26000) Dead End!"

"Zashiki-warashi..."

"Triple drive!! (Star-vader, Satellite Mirage, Star-vader, Penrose Gate, Star-vader, Magellanic Stream) Heal trigger! All to Photon, and I heal a damage! (9000 > 14000) Photon, cut him in half! (14000)"

"No guard... (Protector Star Demon Series, Zashiki-warashi)"

"Turn end!" Kai exclaimed.

Kai:
Hand: 8
Damage: 4
XXO
OOO

Yozora:
—X—
——X

"Finally... I can end this..." Yozora said weakly, rubbing his chin with the back of his hand. "Myo-kurenai's Generation Break 2 skill... I put a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck and countercharge 1..." Tightening his hand into a tight fist, he sent it towards Kai's direction, and opened it. A card materialised in front of it, before being sent to the drop zone immediately, glowing a bright white. "I'll use the scraps of my strength... to do this!"

"You truly are a "hero", in this game."

"The cost of stride is the same unit as my vanguard! I put all of my possible futures on the line for this card! If I lose the fight, all of my cards in the Generation Zone are never to return! Devour my future and manifest, Star Gate's Zeroth Dragon! Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark!" The vanguard circle exploded in a black-white colour.

"Standing up time and time again, no matter what happens to you."

"Stark's on stride skill! Counterblast two, and he gets drive -2! But for this turn, he attacks three times and doesn't rest while doing so!" Yozora exclaimed, collapsing on the floor again.

"And never giving into the darkness despite the odds stacked against you."

"Stark... attack! (36000)"

"It's admirable. Even as the "villain" of this game. No guard! Show me your resolve, Yozora!"

"Drive check! (Reborn Phoenix of Star Demon Series, Hou-Ou) No trigger..."

"Damage check! (Star-vader, Globuladia)"

"Once more... Stark... attack! (36000)"

"Generation Guard! Genesis Beast, Destiny Guardian!" Kai exclaimed. "Magellanic Stream's skill! When discarded for the cost of a G Guardian, I bind her and another heal face up to countercharge! Destiny Guardian's skill, I unlock Bakeneko and Akashita, and he gets 10k Shield! (11000 > 26000 > 36000) I add Apollonel Dragon! (36000 > 46000) Skill of Crisis, when your locked rear-guard is unlocked! I retire Akashita and draw a card!"

"Drive check... (Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me) Stark... attack! (36000) Zeroth Star of Destruction!!"

"Thorium, perfect guard!"

"...drive check... (Floodgate Star Demon Series, Akashita)" Yozora began to laugh like a little kid. The childish laugh made him close his eyes and smile widely as warm tears rolled down his cheeks. Holding his hands over his chest, he fell forward, and laid on the floor, his laugh suddenly dying. Silently, Yozora closed his eyes and frowned, relaxing a little while a multitude of pain assaulted him from all over, and sent him into a deep unconscious state. His locked cards unlocked, and his G Zone scattered across the floor by itself.

Kai:
XXO
OOO

Yozora:
Hand: 10
OXX
XXX

"Stand and draw! I ride once more, Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Crisis! Generation Zone, release! THE CLOWN SAID "GAME OVER". SHOW NO MERCY, GENERATION STRIDE! DEATH STAR-VADER, GLUEBALL DRAGON! Glueball's skill! I soulblast and G Persona Blast, and you lock a rear-guard for each of my face up G Zone cards!" Kai declared, as all of Yozora's rear-guards turned face down. "I call, Globuladia and use his skill! I counterblast, and you choose a card in your drop zone, and call it as locked!" The card on top of Yozora's drop zone was called face down. "He then gets 6k! (9000 > 15000) I call Penrose Gate and Zinc! Glueball's Generation Break 3 skill, all my Star-vader in the front row get 3k for each of your locked cards! Since you have 5, I add 15k! (9000 > 24000) (26000 > 41000) (15000 > 30000) Glueball attacks first! (41000) Super-dreadnought Molecular Realisation! ANNIHILATE!" No cards were put on the guardian circle. "Triple drive!! (Turmoil Star-vader, Zinc, Star-vader, Paradigm Shift Dragon) Critical! Power to Photon, critical to vanguard! (24000 > 29000) (1★ > 2★) (Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Close) THIS IS GAME OVER, YOZORA SHINSEI."

A card flipped from Yozora's deck into the damage zone. (Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai) With Yozora still down on the floor, Kai walked over to him, avoiding the pool of blood he was unconscious on. Picking up the Zeroth Dragon from the pile of scattered cards, Kai nodded, and put it into his pocket.

"You can go home now, Yozora." Kai said, clicking his fingers. He disappeared through a portal of black flames, while the room they were inside slowly crumbled in on itself, and transported Yozora to where he last was: just outside of Chiharu's house. Still laid in his own pool of blood, still unconscious, and with his cards scattered all over the floor, the night sky dotted with stars was there to comfort him, with a full moon hanging over his head, protecting him.

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#40: Zero

================================

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro