#63: Black Fire

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I know you're dying to meet me, Yozora.

That way, Yza can return to us.

(Opening here)

Yozora stood in front of the portal to Cray. Rukia and Zeon stood behind him, with Backlion and Shika manning the controls.

"I can't believe we're already diving back into Cray." Rukia laughed. Zeon nodded, grabbing the bag slung around his shoulder tightly.

"And I can't believe that Yozora is Yza..." Zeon said.

"I know it sounds crazy. That's why we're going to find proof, on Cray." Yozora said.

"By encountering the person who ripped the truth straight from you. Crystal Edge Dragon, was it?"

"Yeah. She has to be on Cray. There's no doubt about it."

"Are you sure you don't want to join, Backlion?" Zeon asked.

"I only just got home. There's no way I'm returning to that hellhole this soon. However, you have me and Akari's logs about Cray by your side, so refer to that if you encounter something unfamiliar. Try not to get into a fight."

"I'll try not to. Though, to think I'd have to use this again..." Zeon gripped the handle of his purple katana that rested on his belt.

"I thought you destroyed that thing." Rukia said, resting a firm hand on his shoulder.

"...I tried to, but I couldn't push myself to do so. This blade has done many things wrong. At the very least, I'll keep this cursed katana intact to honour the victims that fell to it, and for each life that was taken by it."

Yozora picked up his bag and put it on as he listened to Zeon. Backlion grimaced, hand hovering the controls.

"Commence the portal opening." Zeon said.

"Connection established!" Shika exclaimed.

"Opening portal in 3!" Backlion exclaimed.

"2!"

"1!"

"Gate, open!"

The portal began spinning beneath Yozora's feet as he stepped onto the edge.

"It's now or never."

Yozora leapt head first into the portal, falling down it with a fearless face. Zeon took a deep breath, and faced Rukia with a smile.

"You got everything?" Zeon said.

"Yeah..." Rukia said.

"You sound unsure. What's the matter?"

"It's just... I don't want Yozora to be Yza."

"That's understandable. Let's go to Cray and disprove it then. That way, we can go back to searching for the real Yza."

"Yet at the same time, I want Yozora to be Yza."

"Wait... What?"

"That's right. A selfish part of me wants this to be the truth, because it lines up so well. All the signs that pointed towards Yozora being Yza was there, but I blatantly ignored it because I didn't think Yza would have another personality. Yet, when I heard those words come from Yozora's mouth, I... I believed them. I could see Yza behind those glasses Yozora wears. I could hear Yza's voice that came from Yozora's mouth, and even see Yza's faint scar on Yozora's cheek from all of his reckless fighting. If Yozora isn't Yza then... I don't know where he is at all."

Zeon looked down at the portal, and nodded.

"I understand. Whichever way it turns out to be, please promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Please don't let the outcome of this cruel fate rip apart your life into a million tiny shreds. You don't deserve that sort of mindless suffering."

Rukia smiled, and shook her head.

"I think I deserve the karma that's coming to me."

Together, they fell into the portal. Backlion and Shika watched, closing it simultaneously.

"They'll be okay... right?" Shika asked.

"What do you think, big guy? Is Yozora Yza?"

"If he was... then we guessed it from the very beginning, yet disregarded it... and it was all my fault!"

"Hey Zeon, anything new?" Shika turned around to face Rukia and Zeon.

"Just some lookalike." Zeon handed Shika the paper. Shika squinted at it.

"Whose this dude?" He asked.

"Some guy named Yozora Shinsei." Zeon replied with a dull tone. "Turns out he's an upcoming idol named "Naito"."

"Seriously? Yeah, he can't be Yza..." Shika snickered.

"If we followed that lead on that day... then Rukia and Zeon wouldn't have had to go through all this crap... and we'd never have to go through that fricking journey that we set foot on!"

"It was for the best, don't you think?"

"Well... was it?"

"If you didn't build that portal, me and Akari would've never returned. If you chased after Yozora, maybe he wouldn't end up being the one to save the world. Things happen for a reason. Even a slight change can have massive consequences. Besides, even geniuses can't come to the simplest answers sometimes. Kuku."

Yozora opened his eyes, chest rising and falling. He laid on his stomach across a large plain of grass. Sitting up, he rubbed his temples. "That was some fall..." He looked up, and scrambled away. Falling straight after him was Zeon and Rukia, who landed on their stomachs.

"Ow ow ow ow..." Rukia moaned as she curled up into a ball and held her stomach. "I'll never go skydiving in my entire life after that..."

"How did we live?" Yozora asked, helping Rukia up. "The laws of physics mean we should be dead."

"Welcome to Cray..." Zeon sat up, scratching his head. "Ah, no wonder Shika survived that fall."

"This place looks no different to Earth..." Yozora said, looking around.

"Cray and Earth are nearly the same." Zeon said. "So, where we off to?"

"Well, to find Crystal Edge, we'd probably need to pay a visit to Stat Gate, since thats where the Stardust Knight are from. However... I have no clue where we are now."

"Not a problem. We can use the maps Backlion provided for us." Rukia said, flicking through the log books. "If we're on a grassy plain, it's probably the Zoo, right?"

"Hopefully. It could be the United Sanctuary too, but Zoo would mean we'd only need to sail a boat to Star Gate. We could get there within a week, probably." Zeon said.

"I'll leave it up to you guys—"

"Yozora!" Zeon and Rukia shrieked.

Yozora froze, watching as pitch black flames surrounded him and flared up, imprisoning him in the circle of fire.

"Damn that Ayaza!" Zeon dropped his bag and drew his katana, steadying himself. "Shit, I'm a bit rusty..."

"Guys... help..." Yozora muttered, before a massive claw swooped him off his feet.

"Huh—?" Zeon looked behind him, and his jaw dropped.

Dragonic Overlord "The Black" flew across the sky as a jet black blur, shooting a stream of flames at Zeon and Rukia.

"Get back!" Zeon shouted, shoving Rukia to the side. Ducking on the floor, he barely evaded the barrage of fire.

"Ayaza! What are you doing?!" Rukia screamed, trying to run after the dragon that was quickly becoming a speck in the sky. Zeon followed after her, but the two stopped, panting and wheezing as they lost both Dragonic Overlord "The Black" and Yozora.

As Dragonic Overlord "The Black" flew away, in the palm of his hand, Yozora wormed and wiggled, frugally using the remains of his strength to try and free himself from the tight grip of the Abyss Dragon.

"You are captured. Resistance is futile."

"Kill yourself... KILL YOURSELF, YOU DAMN MOTHERFUCKER! I WANT YOU TO TAKE YOUR FUCKING DRAGON COCK AND SHOVE IT SO FAR UP YOUR DRAGON ASSHOLE THAT YOU START SPEWING LIQUID SHIT FROM YOUR MOUTH LIKE THE FILTHY DRAGON SLUT YOU ARE, SO LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW YOU DRAGON WHORE OR ELSE I'LL FORCE FUCK YOU WITH YOUR OWN TINY COCK YOU DAMNED MOTHERFUCKER! I HATE YOU FOR MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING HELL SO DON'T YOU FUCKING KIDNAP ME YOU DAMNED PIECE OF ROTTING DRAGON SHIT! YOUR SLIMY CLAW IS COATED IN THE DISGUSTING DRAGON CUM YOU MAKE BECAUSE YOU'RE A HORNY PIECE OF DEGENERACY WHO'S ONLY SKILL SET IS MASTURBATING HIMSELF USING HIS OWN SCALY BACTERIA INFESTING TAIL AND GETTING DRUNK OFF YOUR OWN BEAUTY AND POWER LIKE A DAMN SELF-ABSORBED FEAR MONGERING NARCISSIST! STOP JERKING YOURSELF OFF AND LET ME GO! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! I HOPE YOUR MOTHER KNOWS HOW MUCH OF A WHORE YOU ARE! I HOPE YOU HAVE DRAGON AIDS YOU SONUVABITCH!"

Dragonic Overlord "The Black" squeezed Yozora slightly, crushing all the bones in his body and making him pass out.

"It's ironic to hear those words coming from you, Yza."

(Play song in media here)

Zeon slammed his katana into the ground, narrowing his eyes.

"Damn it... damn it!" He shouted, dropping to his knees. "I can't believe we let that happen... that bastard Ayaza... he's... he's..."

"He's a real piece of shit?"

"Yeah... he's- wait, who said that?" Zeon looked over his shoulder.

"I didn't say... anything..." Rukia panted, sitting on the floor.

"It was me."

Zeon looked up. Spectre looked down at Zeon.

"Y-you..."

"While Ayaza is busy taking Yozora, I'll be taking Rukia." Spectre said.

"No you won't!" Zeon roared, getting up on his feet and grabbing his katana.

"Zeon, wait! Spectre has the ability to freeze people!" Rukia exclaimed.

Just as Zeon was about to pull his katana out of the ground, he froze in place. "Huh-?"

"It's just as Rukia said. My forbidden chains will lock anyone in place." Spectre laughed.

Rukia's eyes widened. Zeon choked on his own words.

"Y-you!"

"Oh. I guess I said an unnecessary line."

"Shouri...? Is that..." Rukia said.

Spectre burst into hyena like laughter.

"It's... its you Shouri, isn't it?!" Zeon exclaimed, tightening his grip on the katana. "Damn it... I won't let myself get chained down like this...!!"

"Oh man. How did you idiots not guess from the beginning? Well, I don't blame you. I was an unimportant person in the classroom. The both of you even laughed along my misery at one point. I guess it's my turn to be laughing at yours."

Spectre chucked his mask away, revealing a boy with auburn hair, paper white skin, and heavy black bags under his deranged eyes.

"Surprised to see me? Your dead classmate, Shouri Sakini?!"

"But... how?!" Rukia exclaimed. "How are you still alive?!"

"Come with me, and you might get answers." Shouri took off his cloak, letting it fall to the floor. He walked over to Rukia, and grabbed her by the arm.

"Kya! Let go of me!" Rukia screamed, trying to tug her arm away from him.

"Don't touch her!" Zeon shouted. "Or else!"

"Or else what? You're going to stab me with that sword? I'd like to see you try." Shouri tightened his grip on Rukia and twisted her wrist, making her cry in pain. "Just come with me without resistance. It's better that way."

"Let go! Let go of me! Zeon, help!" Rukia cried, trying to run away from Shouri.

"You bastard, Shouri! You should've stayed dead, damn it!" Zeon screamed, trying to move from his position.

"Pointless. It's pointless to go against it. Hasn't watching me get fucked over and over by Darien and Nakuru taught you two assholes anything?!" Shouri's eyes began glowing orange.

"Kya—" Rukia suddenly stopped moving. "No... no... no..."

"I didn't want to resort to it, but you left me no choice." Shouri tugged Rukia while squeezing down on her wrist, shattering her bone.

Rukia blinked, tears running down her cheeks.

An ear-splitting scream of horrid pain bubbled up from the top of Rukia's lungs.

Zeon's face of severe agitation dissipated and became cold as ice.

Shouri dragged Rukia across the floor, letting her empty face taste the sweet dew left behind on the grass.

Still frozen in place, Zeon screamed in fury as he watched Rukia go further and further away from him.

"And that I'll protect her, no matter what happens!"

Zeon continued to scream mercilessly, remembering the vow he made. His face became hot red and faint blue veins popped on his forehead, while sweat trickled down his chin.

"I swore... I'd protect her...!"

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"But how can I protect her if I can't even beat the enemy in front of me...?!"

"HHHHHHHHHHHHH SHOURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

"I won't let you get hurt again... Rukia..."

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIII SHOOOOOURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

"I made a promise... so I'm going to keep it."

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII SAAAAAAAAAAAAKIIIIIIINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

"I DECIDED THAT I'D PROTECT YOU!"

"I'LL STOP YOU, AND SAVE RUKIA, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKES!"

Zeon shattered the chains Shouri placed on him. As Zeon cried tears of blood, he pulled his katana from the ground, while more blood continuously leaked from his nose and mouth as he launched forward with great speed, powerfully lunging towards Shouri. Zeon roared as he swung his katana horizontally, stopping millimetres from beheading Shouri.

"Huh? You actually broke from my chains? You're the first person to do it. However..."

Zeon gasped, unable to move anymore. Shouri smirked.

"I can lock you down again if necessary—"

Shouri's eyes widened as Zeon broke from the second lock, and swung his katana wildly with misty bloody tears in his eyes, slashing down Shouri's chest.

"Let go of Rukia, or else I'll kill you!" Zeon huffed, pointing his katana at Shouri's heart.

"Hahaha... you're fucking crazy, Zeon." Shouri dropped Rukia, and put his hands up. "Alright. You win. Take the sword away from me."

"It's not a sword. It's a katana. Respect it." Zeon sheathed his katana, and helped Rukia up. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... are you okay?!"

Rukia bit her bottom lip as she squeezed her eyes shut. She grabbed onto Zeon's shirt and cried into his chest with a painful sob. Clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, Zeon glared at Shouri.

"Rematch."

"Rematch?"

"I want a rematch. I'll avenge both Rukia and myself for our losses against you."

"Oh, a Cardfight. Well, if you want to lose again, be my guest. Though..."

"Though?"

"Never mind. It's probably best if you didn't know."

Zeon clicked his tongue, and a board manifested between Shouri and Zeon, with both of their decks ready.

"The magic of Cray. As long as you imagine it, a fight will always come. Now, let me show you the power of a mage who's gone rogue."

"Then I'll show you the strength of the irregulars, the outcasts who don't fit in society anymore."

"Zeon... why are you doing this?" Rukia asked, pulling away from him.

"I'm doing it... because I don't want us to lose anymore. We've already lost enough. It's time for our payback."

"Then, can I make an offer?" Rukia sniffled, looking at Shouri.

"What?"

"If Zeon wins, bring us to where Yozora and Ayaza is. If you win, you can take me."

"Oho. Perfect conditions. I like that. Sure, we can play with that in mind."

"Alright. You better keep your word."

"And you better keep yours too."

"Rukia!" Zeon said, grabbing her. "Are you crazy?! Don't do that!"

"I'm sorry Zeon, but we need to get to Yozora. I want to find more about the truth behind Yza. If putting myself on the line will do it, then so be it. Besides... you said you'd save me, no matter what. I have faith in you."

Zeon blinked, wiping the brimming tears in his eyes.

"You're right... I'll save you, no matter how many times it may take, no matter the situation, no matter where or when. I'm not the same old loser as before... I'm now your shield that will protect you, no matter the cost!"

"Bring it on then, Rukia's shield."

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

Question and Answers 9

Submit your questions now!

================================

A/N

The final chapter of volume 9, just done before the year ends. Phew, that was a lot of hard work over the past year, wasn't it.

From Z World, to Re:Isekai, to Generations... 2019 has been a very eventful year for me contributing to the CCEU, and I hope it will stay that way.

Now, moving on into 2020, I'll be taking another hiatus. Yep, you love em or hate em. It's time for me to get serious in life, and writing fan-fiction is something I gotta sacrifice if I want to become part of the top 2% in the UK.

Anyways, I'll try to get new chapters out if I can, but no promises.

Once again, thanks for reading Z World as always, and I hope we'll meet again soon. Let's also hope it doesn't become Forbidden Chains 2.0. Speaking of which, did you like Shouri's reappearance?

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro