#64: Unmasked Victory

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Deep down, I've just wanted a normal life.

From elementary school to high school, something unusual has come and swept me off my feet.

Even though I've tried to forget about it, my very first scar still traumatises to me to this day.

Hidden on my chest is the sprawling burn from a fire that shouldn't have ever occurred. Like a curse, it plagues me, serving as a horrible reminder of how I've been constantly mistreated in this rotten excuse for a world.

It's a consistent reminder that even if I wanted to die, this crooked world will find a way to keep me alive and suffering.

Man, I'm living a masochist's wet dream.

Even after the flames robbed my extended family, it was kind enough to keep my parents alive. Though, I don't feel blessed in the slightest. It feels more like a mistake, because I met "Dead End" a result of the fire.

He was the one who kept me alive. He was the one to torment me in my dreams. He was the one who made me a target for that bastard, Backlion.

That piece of cowardly shit. The one that killed me by having Spectral Duke rip my heart straight out of my chest, and pulverise it all over my dead body.

The feeling was almost orgasmic. If you're into that kind of stuff, anyways. Again, I'm living a gore-loving masochist's wet dream.

I managed to barely make it past middle school, if you count the little time I spent there between multiple therapy sessions and hospital visits, and entered into Seigatsu High.

If only I chose any other damn school in this country, I could've escaped being bullied mercilessly everyday by Darien and his flunky, Nakuru. Every day was a living hell, and I suppressed my feelings. My only friends were Rikishi and Akane, who also were outcasts like me.

Riki got in a fight during the first week, and lost, making people perceive him badly and ruining his street cred since he lost. Akane slept through classes and was rumoured to be slut in her spare time who jerked off old, rich businessmen and sucked their dicks to earn cash.

Of course, that isn't true. What kind of idiot believes in those lies? Well, most of the student body did, so I guess I placed far too many expectations on people like them. Like the rest of them. While they laughed, smiled, and had a normal life...

I developed PSYQualia in my eyes, which then further evolved into Neo PSYQualia. I began conversing with Dead End. I wanted to be strong. Thus, my ability to chain others in place manifested.

So I used it to get my revenge on all the deaf-tone idiots in this school. Those who done wrong to me. Those who viciously lied about Riki. Those who started rumours about Akane. Every last one until I was satisfied.

Through it, I even became friends with people like Darien and Nakuru. They bent the knee to me because I was stronger. Then, I realised this world was dog-eat-dog. You had to be strong to survive. Or else you'd crumple.

When the Яeverse spread, my beliefs were put to the challenge. I had to fight way through countless opponents, coming up on top, unless I wanted to be swallowed by the never-ending darkness and losing my mind to the Яeverse.

I clawed my way to fight the final boss. Backlion.

Then died because I was too weak.

It was the second time I felt this rushing relief run through my cold, limp body.

The taste of edging myself to death.

Back then, I was desperate to live. That's why I couldn't forgive Dead End. He wasn't there to protect me. He wasn't there to keep me alive.

But looking back, I understand why he let me pass away. I was too far gone. I went stray. I was unbelievably broken. I couldn't function in society anymore. He let me die to end my gross, internal suffering.

I'll never get the chance to thank him for doing his best for me. Because, like the others, our avatars were sacrificed and swallowed up for a damn portal. A damn fucking portal.

Was my life even worth that much?

Apparently, it was to him. That's why he saved me.

But I didn't want to be saved. I wanted to stay dead. But he didn't let me.

He forcibly resurrected me. He forcibly made me do this dirty work. He forcibly made me face my past with that despicably selfish person, Kotaro...

That's why I chose the name Spectre. I'm nothing like my former self. To me, I'm truly dead. The person who you're fighting against, the person who you're talking to, the person that you hate, is nothing but a ghost of an already dead person.

A spectre of the forbidden past.

I adorned a mask, and used Luard, a mage who'd gone rogue and forcibly defected to the other side. That sounds just like me, doesn't it?

Facing me right now is Zeon. My former classmate and right hand man of Backlion.

I've already crushed him once. I've had my revenge. Yet he wants his.

Well, that's fine by me. I don't have anything else to do anymore. If I win or lose, I don't care. It's fine.

Just let me return home.

So I can see Riki and Akane, Yuri and Lucine, Ayo and Helles, even Darien and Nakuru... once more.

That was too much to ask for.

(Opening here)

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Deranged Singular!" Zeon said.

"Dragwizard, Vicreau!" Shouri said.

"Stand and draw! I ride, Wertiger Jaeger and move Singular back! Turn end."

Zeon:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Soul: 0
OXO
XOO

Shouri:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Draglancer, Daellad, and move Vicreau back. Boosted, Daellad attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Mage of Rogue Eye, Arsur) Stand trigger."

"Damage check! (Fallen Angel of Disconnection, Akrasiel)"

"Turn end."

Zeon:
Damage: 1
Soul: 0
OXO
XOO

Shouri:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Covetous Succubus! Call, Succubus of Jealousy! Her skill, I look at the top five and put Baleful Repressor and Jaeger into my soul! Jaeger's skill, I counterblast and draw a card! Covetous attacks! (9000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (One-eyed Succubus) Critical trigger! Power to Jealousy, critical to Vanguard! (9000 > 14000)(1 > 2)"

"Damage checks! (Dragwizard, Fuanmach, Slaptail Dragon)"

"Boosted by Singular, Jealousy attacks! (14000 > 21000)"

"No guard! (Emancipating Revenger, Allyl) Heal trigger. Power to vanguard and heal."

"Damn... Turn end."

Zeon:
Damage: 1
Soul: 3
XXO
XOO

Shouri:
Damage: 2
Ritual: 1
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Dragfencer, Dagda, and call Dragwizard, Gaunan. His skill, counterblast and discard Esras to draw two cards. I use Fuamnach's skill from hand to discard her and rest Vicreau to draw a card. Then, once more, I call Gaunan and use his skill to discard Mauthe to draw two. Gaunan, attack! (9000)"

"No guard! (One who Proceeds Towards Daybreak, Scharhrot)"

"Dagda, attack! (9000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Dragwizard, Gaunan)"

"Damage check! (Succubus of Pure Love)"

"My other Gaunan! (9000)"

"Succubus of Jealousy guards! (14000)"

"Turn end."

Zeon:
Damage: 3
Soul: 3
XXO
XOO

Shouri:
Damage: 2
Ritual: 4
XXX
OXO

(Play song in the media)

"Stand and draw! I'll scatter my sins and use them as stepping stones towards my advancement to dawn! RIDE, ONE WHO PROCEEDS TOWARDS DAYBREAK, SCHARHROT!" The vanguard circle crackled a rich rose colour. "I call, One-eyed Succubus! Boosted by Deranged, Jealousy attacks! (14000)"

"Gaunan, double intercept! (19000)"

"Scharhrot attacks! One-eyed Succubus' skill, she goes into soul to give him 5k and I draw a card! (11000 > 16000) Wings of Rose!"

"No guard!"

"Twin Drive!! (Wertiger Plunderer, Liquid Fencer) Critical! All to Vanguard! (16000 > 26000/1 > 2) Burst and open, red flowers of terror!"

"Damage checks! (Dragwizard, Morfessa, Cursed Eye Raven) Stand trigger."

"Turn end. Scharhrot's Darkness! I put Jealousy into soul to force you to retire a rear-guard!"

"Vicreau goes."

Zeon:
Hand: 7
Damage: 3
Soul: 6
OXO
XOO

Shouri:
Damage: 4
Ritual: 4
OXO
OOO

"Alone on the battlefield... victory is the only salvation for me. I ride, Dragfall, Luard! Ritual X skill, I return a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck as the cost for Stride! AWAKEN! Strength found from within, manifest yourself in our intertwined life! Cross it, loathe it, destroy it, Dragabyss, Luard!!" The vanguard circle exploded in a sludge black with red sparkles. "Stride skill! I counterblast and call Dragwizard, Iucharba! Since he's in the same column as Deranged, I retire him!"

Zeon gritted his teeth as he moved his starter to the drop zone.

"I call Cursed Eye Raven and use his skill! I rest him and return him to deck, then check the top two cards of my deck. I call Belial Owl and Daellad to rear-guard as rest! Daellad's skill, I soulblast to draw a card! Then, I use Dragabyss' skill! I soulblast, retire Daellad and G Persona Blast to call Fuamnach and Daellad to rear-guard! Iucharba's skill, I send the retired Daellad to soul, and use the newly called Daellad's skill to soulblast and draw a card! Fuamnach's Ritual 5 gives her +7k and Resist! (7000 > 14000) Fuamnach, start the assault! (14000)"

"Plunderer, guard! (16000)"

"Dragabyss attacks next! (26000) Shadow Storm!"

"Generation Guard! False Dark Wings, Agrat bat Mahlat! (26000) Her skill, I soulcharge 2, and she gets +5k shield! (31000) Liquid Fencer joins too! (31000 > 46000)"

"A two to pass. Triple drive! (Dragfencer, Dagda, Abyssal Owl, Dragsaver, Esras) No triggers. Boosted by Iucharba, Daellad attacks! Iucharba's Ritual 3, he gets +3k Power! (7000 > 14000 > 17000)"

"No guard! (Monochrome of Nightmareland) Stand, all to vanguard."

"Turn end. Belial Owl retires, letting me draw a card. Then his effect in drop zone activates, letting me return him to deck."

Zeon:
Hand: 4
Soul: 8
OXO
OOO

Shouri:
Hand: 11
Ritual: 6
XXX
XOO

"Stand and draw." Zeon took a deep breath, then pointed a card at Shouri's throat with a scowl. "FINAL TURN."

Shouri tensed up, a shiver running down his spine. His muscles relaxed as an unfamiliar sensation pierced him; lips twisting into a fearful smile.

"What the hell... you've really changed..." Shouri muttered.

"LIBERATING THE GENERATION ZONE! Seizing any chance that appears; scavenger of the blue night, awaken! Generation Stride, One who Hunts Souls, Balaam!" Zeon's vanguard circle bloomed rose red. "Scharhrot's stride skill! I soulcharge 2 and add Gastille from soul to my hand, then put Baleful from hand to soul! Balaam's skill, I counterblast and G Blast to retire Fuamnach and giving him her power and drive +1! (26000 > 33000/3 > 4) Then I soulcharge 2 for each face up card in my G Zone! Soulcharge 4! I call, Gastille, and use his Generation Break 2 skill! I send Baleful and Covetous from my soul to the drop zone to give him their skills! Covetous' Darkness given to Gastille! I counterblast to soulcharge 1! Since I have six cards in soul, countercharge 1! Since I have ten cards in soul, draw two and drop 1! Next, I'll call another Gastille and use his Generation Break 2 skill again! I send Baleful and Jealousy from my soul to drop zone to gain their skills! Jealousy's skill given to Gastille! I look at the top five cards of my deck and put Akrasiel and Covetous to soul! Jealousy's other skill gives Gastille +2k! (11000 > 13000) Jaeger's skill in soul, I counterblast and discard a card to soulcharge 1 and return him to hand! Then, I'll call, Wertiger Plunderer and two Wertiger Jaeger! Plunderer's Darkness, he gets +1k for each card in soul! (7000 > 20000) Now, Balaam's Generation Break 3 Darkness! Since I have thirteen cards in soul, you can't call grade 1 cards from your hand to guard! Boosted by Jaeger, Balaam attacks! (33000 > 40000/4) ROSE OF THE BLUE NIGHT!"

"Generation Guard! Witch Queen of Iniquity, Jeliddo! Her skill, I G Guard Blast and move Daellad and Iucharba to guard! (26000 > 36000) Then, I draw a card! I add Morfessa and Slaptail to guard! (46000)"

"Quadruple drive!! (Succubus of Jealousy, Doppel Vampir, Amon's Follower, Abysm Lust) Heal! I heal a damage and give power to Gastille! (13000 > 17000) (Liquid Fencer) Critical trigger! All effects to Gastille! (17000 > 27000/1 > 2) Boosted by Plunderer, Gastille attacks! Baleful's Darkness given to Gastille, he gets +10k and you can't guard with grade 0s! (27000 > 37000 > 57000/2) DAIMONAS EXCOMMUNICATION!!"

Shouri clicked his tongue and dropped his hands by his side. With mild agitation, he flipped the top two cards of his deck over.

"No guard. (Belial Owl, Dragfall, Luard) ...You win."

The cards and board in front of them disappeared as a winner was announced. Zeon patted his chest and briefly sighed, before relishing in his victory. Rukia stepped forward and confronted Shouri.

"Zeon won, so you have to get us to Yozora and Ayaza."

"A deal's a deal. Come with me. The journey might take awhile, though."

"It's fine as long as we get to them."

"Suit yourselves." Shouri began walking away. Rukia and Zeon looked at each other, then at Shouri. "C'mon, let's hurry. V22's far away from here, you know."

"V...22?"

"No one has ever gotten past it. Once you enter V22, you cannot leave V22." Shouri said, looking at them over his shoulder. Rukia and Zeon froze. "Are you sure you still want to come?"

Rukia glanced at Zeon, then stepped forward. "I'm going."

"Ha. What about you, Rukia's shield? If you don't come, you can't really protect her, can you?"

Zeon stomped forward, standing in front of Rukia. Shouri flinched.

"I'll go wherever Rukia goes, until she finds Yza. Once that day comes, there won't be a place for me anymore."

"So you're just a temporary replacement for the real deal, huh?"

"Exactly."

"Your wrong! Both of you." Rukia said, clenching her fists. "Zeon can't replace anybody, and nobody can replace you, Zeon. You and Yza both have your own worth to me, so don't talk like your a second-hand version of him!"

Zeon's eyes widened slightly. Shouri began laughing, hands in his pockets.

"God damn you two are sappy. Where's the asshole Zeon and bitchy Rukia I know from a year ago?"

"The same could be said to you, Shouri. What happened to you?"

Shouri's laughter quietly died down as Rukia stepped beside Zeon.

"Ayaza happened." He turned around, and began walking. Rukia followed him, Zeon lagging behind.

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#65: Shattered Memories

Yozora: Please don't... no more... I can't handle this much... don't let me disappear... please no... don't force me to remember... I'm begging you... stop... stop... stop...

================================

A/N

Foolish me in January:

Hi, it's me. Oh yeah, I'm still on hiatus technically, but in my spare time I'll write Z World. Good deal, right?

I've been currently revising for physics. I hate physics. I don't get it. Send help.

EDIT FROM FUTURE ME: I BEGAN TO STUDY SCIENCE UNDER DR YUKIMURA YOU SHOULD GO READ IT SO WE CAN LEARN TOGETHER

This chapter's a bit shorter than most others, but I'm just trying to wrap up Z World soon. It's been two years since I've started, and I need to bring this to a close sometime before 2021, right?

Anyways, until I get free time again. Probably update in a month or two. Maybe. Who knows?!

All aboard the fucked upload schedule!

EDIT: WHAT UPLOAD SCHEDULE

That's all, Fox out!

Refined me in March:

THANK GOD THIS BOOK IS STILL HERE.

Hi, yesterday was stressful since the book wasn't appearing in my works or on my profile so I got really freaked out that it was gone.

Thankfully, it's still here... I should really back up this book, shouldn't I...

What the past me said is complete rubbish. This chapter is complete rubbish. It's just a Cardfight.

Fighting deadlines feel like shit. My exams are in May! In May! It's already March!

I've got 2 months to prepare and I'm throwing away my future by writing about card games! Holy crap, I'm going to fail!

Existential crisis aside, I hoped you enjoyed this... even though it absolutely sucks and there's a 99% chance I'll take this down, re edit and republish it like the absolute perfectionist I try to be-

*cries in all the grammar mistakes I didn't notice in the past 63 chapters*

Oh yeah, volume 10 starts here. Anti climatic as shit, I'm aware. But hey, ZeKia. Let's see how long this ship lasts.

Also Shouri, sp00ky. Yeah, Shouri's alive, Forbidden Chain's alive, Forbidden Chain's remake coming 3030 when I'm retired and on my death bed.

Btw, you guys should be careful since coronavirus is about. Don't be a dick about it. Don't be a racist. Calm down, the situation isn't that bad. You're probably more likely to die from the flu than the coronavirus, but just stay calm and stay safe. Be wary of those with weaker immune systems (like me *wheeze*) or pre existing medical conditions (also like me *wheeze*)

Funny thing, the week people returned from the France trip to Paris, I caught acute bronchitis and had to take 2 days off school, which made me miss 3 mock exams. Ahahahaha, thanks for scaring me guys, for a moment I thought I had corona—

No but seriously stay safe if you're vulnerable. But if you're a young, healthy person you should be fine mostly. Remember to wash your hands with soap and for 20 seconds, or do it however long it takes you to sing "happy birthday" twice (or my personal favourite, instead sing GOD SAVE THE QUEEN)

Ok that's all, Fox out!

2020 looking real ass but I'll clap my way through it

(Also isn't it ironic I'm talking about coronavirus in a chapter called **unmasked** victory? Like unmasking is probably gonna make you more vulnerable LOL)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro