[01] ↠ A KING AND HIS PRINCE

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CASTLE WALLS.

[ 01. CHAPTER ONE : A KING AND HIS PRINCE : the gods make the greatest of us mortals into constellations as though that gives us immortality. they forget that the stars too have numbered days. if you were a god instead of a man, you'd be clever enough to remember, i'm sure. ]

•••

"Back it up, guys." A man with gelled up hair commanded the 100 criminals who were trying to fight their way to the doors.

"Yeah, it's Earth, not a fireworks show." A taller boy said, who was stood next to the boy. He had a tattoo on his neck which people immediately noticed. The gelled boy moved to release the latch that kept the doors closed.

"Stop!" A blonde girl commanded, and moved to the front of the group. "The air could be toxic."

"If the air's toxic, we're all dead anyway." Gel-boy smirked.

"Bellamy? Ajax?" A croaky voice came from the group, and the two men looked to see a girl with long brown hair.

"Octavia." Ajax breathed, a smile coming to his face.

Octavia moved through the swarm of people and stood before the two men who were grinning down at her. She sighed happily and lurched forward, wrapping her arms around both men. Both returned the hug, almost being moved to tears from being reunited with the girl they came to protect. The girl they killed for.

"Look how big you are." Bellamy sighed as the hug was broken.

"Almost as big as me, beautiful." Ajax chuckled, pressing his large hand to her cheek.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Octavia turned to Bellamy, her expression shifting to disbelief. "A guard's uniform?"

"I borrowed it to get on the dropship." Bellamy lied, licking his lips. "Ajax managed to sneak on without anyone seeing him."

"How?" Octavia smiled lightly. "He's so tall, I could notice him a mile away."

"Cracking jokes, are we?" Ajax ruffled Octavia's hair which she protested to. "I'm the joker around here, beautiful."

"Where's your wristband?" The blonde girl spoke again.

"Do you mind?" Octavia turned to the girl, glaring at her. "I haven't seen my brother and his best friend in a year."

"Nobody has a brother!" "That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor." Shouts came from the crowd and Ajax rolled his eyes.

Octavia went to go and find the people who spoke so she could fight them, but two different arms wrapped around her midsection, effectively halting her.

"No, Octavia." Bellamy protested. "Let's give them something else to remember you by."

"Yeah, like what?" Octavia glared, shaking in anger.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." Bellamy smirked, and the arms that were around her released.

Both Bellamy and Ajax grabbed the latch that held the doors closed and unlocked it, a loud hiss of air releasing from the metal and the doors slid open, light shining brightly into the dropship.

Ajax stared into the open space, seeing shades of green that his eyes had never witnessed before and also noticing that this was the clearest his lungs had ever felt. Octavia slowly walked down the slope, taking in heavy breaths as she did and then jumped on the dirt floor. She paused for a second before throwing her hands up in the air.

"WE'RE BACK, BITCHES!" Octavia screamed, and that was the cue for everyone to start running out of the ship to experience the ground for themselves.

Bellamy and Ajax shared a smile before jumping off the ship to also enjoy the festivities that were happening around them.

•••

"We're on the ground." Bellamy called to Wells Jaha. "That not good enough for you?"

Wells sighed. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message; that has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." Octavia spat, glaring heatedly at the boy. "You think you're in charge here? You and your little princess?"

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke scoffed, her voice taking on desperation. "We need to get to Mount Weather. Not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave. Now."

"I got a better idea." Bellamy pursed his lips. "You two go. Find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

"You're not listening." Wells protested. "We all need to go!"

"Look at this, everybody." John Murphy, a boy Ajax knew well, stepped forward and pushed Wells. "Chancellor of Earth."

"You think that's funny?" Wells growled.

John rushed forward, putting his foot behind Wells' and pushing the boy again, knocking him to the ground. Wells staggered to his feet again, limping slightly because of the damage to his ankle. When John moved to hit him, Ajax stepped between the two, glaring down at John.

"Pretty boy's only got one leg." Ajax glared, pushing John harshly into his cronies. "How about you wait until it's a fair fight and so you don't look like a complete asshole?"

"Hey, Archer." Octavia stepped forward, jokingly flirting with Ajax. "Rescue me next."

Ajax playfully rolled his eyes, telling the younger girl to go back with her brother. He then turned to Wells, looking at him with pity.

"You okay there, pretty boy?" Ajax questioned, resting a hand gently on the other's shoulder. "Looked like you took a pretty hard tumble."

"I'm fine." Wells said calmly, wincing in pain as he tried to put weight on his leg. "Why'd you defend me?"

"Because I don't think you deserve that kind of hate." Ajax sighed. He could feel stares burning into his back. "You might be the Chancellor's kid, but you didn't float those people."

•••

"So, Mount Weather, when do we leave?" Finn approached Clarke and Ajax who were tending to Wells' injury.

"Right now." Clarke stood, a sigh passing through her lips, and then turned to Wells. "We'll be back tomorrow with food."

"How are the two of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, doubting the strength of just two people.

Finn grabbed two boys, one who was Asian, and another with goggles on the top of his head, and turned them around to present them to Wells.

"Four of us." Finn corrected and then looked at Ajax.

"Five." Ajax stood, nodding at the long-haired male. "I can carry a lot."

"Sounds like a party." Octavia skipped over, eager to join the riff-raff. "Make it six."

"What the hell are you doing?" Bellamy protested, resting his hand on Octavia's shoulder.

"Going for a walk?" Octavia said sarcastically, not turning to look at her brother.

"Were you trying to take this off?" Clarke interrupted, lifting up Finn's wrist.

"Yeah. So?" Finn looked at her blankly.

"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to the Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead." Clarke pointed out, looking annoyed.

"Should I care?" Finn laughed breathily, not particularly interested in the function of the wristbands.

"Well, I don't know." Clarke raised her eyebrows, sarcasm seeping into her tone. "Do you want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying."

"This just got awkward." Ajax commented, sensing the tension in the air.

"Let's go." Clarke sighed, leading the group.

"Go on." Bellamy nodded to his little sister, and she reached up to kiss his cheek.

"I'll protect her, Bell." Ajax grinned, pressing a kiss to the shorter male's forehead. "Don't you worry."

And Ajax went off to follow the five others, oblivious to Bellamy's loving gaze that followed him.

•••

okay, to all the people who viewed castle walls on my old profile (lipstickvixen), i want to thank you all so much for getting it up to 6k views!! but sadly, i can't update on that profile anymore because of an email mixup so i've had to unpublish it over there and transfer it over here, along with other stories of mine that i want to continue writing. i just wanted to clear that up before someone looked at this and thought it was plagiarism :) the rest of the chapters will be posted in due time. thanks guys.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro