Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A day had flown by, full of meetings, interviews and conferences for Irene, who was working back and forth since she had existed the court. She was sure on the outcome of the case, and so she had already started working on the next case. Wendy's Seulgi and Yeri's. It was hard, but they had collected a piece of evidence that inspectors of the investigation had conveniently forgot out, everything had been prepared and all that was left was for it to be put in motion, so they could reopen the case and again get investigation privileges. Irene walked up the septs of the court house, cameras flashing, and microphones shoved in her face as she rushed past to get to her destination. The routine introduction was carried out before they were signalled to take their seats. "I thank you all for being here today for the sentencing of the case. After much deliberation I have come a conclusion which I deem gives the best level of justice to all those who have been caught in this through no mistake of their own. I have made decision which I hope will honour the deceased and highlight that they will never be forgotten, that this negligence will never be forgotten, and so therefore I sentence Mr Choi and Mr Lee to life time imprisonment to be removed from society to protect those around them. Regarding Ms Kim's sentence whilst she has taken an active role in this, she is young, and has clearly been manipulated to do something that she did not think about the consequences. And considering that she came forth and revealed the truth this court has decided that your sentence will be reduced to 10 years and depending on behaviour it can be further reduced, as a second chance for you." The court remained silent, but no one was against it. "Ms Bae..." Irene looked up. "Throughout this case you have hinted towards a government conspiracy, you have been careful with your words but essentially that is what it is, none of us know who's listening in or who is pulling the strings on this however I would like to put out in front of all of you, that when this 'Samuel' persona is given a name and face, this trial will be reopened and he too shall be condemned for his actions against the passengers of B32 who were caught in the crossfire of his inhumane act. I also hereby grant you Ms Bae full investigation rights from here onwards. Everything will be at your disposal in order to catch this man, and I know, you will not let me down." Irene's eyes widened, as she nodded in acceptance. This had gotten better then she had anticipated. And with the final bang against the wooden panel, court had been adjourned, Irene had succeeded in her first step in overthrowing the government. She stood up bowing to the judge, a smirk on her face. She had won.

Jackson caught the smirk on her features as she bowed, the maliciousness apparent, but he couldn't hear her thoughts. He had no idea, no inclination into her thoughts and no idea of her plan because if he did, he would realise she wasn't the villain in this story, she was trying to save their home from corruption.

She was visibly happier. Lighter. A burden somewhat lifted from her shoulders. Even if this was the start of the war, this first victory meant more than anything. All the doubt she faced regarding herself and her capabilities had now been washed away. She was more confident than ever, and she was ready. Ready to deliver her revenge, to watch the city burn, the city that had taken everything and more from her was going to burn in the flames that they had ignited in her. And she would watch. And She would dance in there destruction. Irene walked out, avoiding the media as best as she could. She wasn't in the mood for it at the moment and nor would she pretend that she was. She made a detour away from her friends before walking along the busy streets of Korea. She placed her sunglasses on her face enjoying the fresh breeze of the crisp air. Her feet ached against the heels she wore, as she continued to walk finding herself back at the cafe she had seen him sing in. She didn't know why, but this space provided her heart with the much needed peace. She smiled at the waiter as she ordered her favourite milk tea before sitting down in the same spot by the window. She took out her laptop, signing into her accounts and working through her emails and files accordingly. She finished of a presentation needed for Jessica's board and then after organising her overseas accounts Irene pulled up the articles regarding Seulgi and Yeri's family and the incident that had taken place. Wendy lived in the same area and on the 15th of June 2008 all of them lost their families. It was suspicious, and the fact that the case was buried was more suspicious. Irene pulled up a site that gave her access to all the records, her eyes searching back and forth unaware of her surroundings. She was reading back and forth, sipping every now and then on the warm liquid of her tea as she clicked against the file, all the evidence had been erased, signed off under the name James Kang. Irene's eyes widened, he had signed this case of yet he handed her another one that kick started everything. Something wasn't adding up. Was he trying to mislead her? She wasn't sure. But now her suspicions had been heightened drastically. She sent a message to Kai, asking him and Lay to follow up with it and to update her on Jinyoung Park as well. After sending the message she dropped her phone rather harshly to the table as she turned back to her screen. Seeing a link, that made her eyes widen, her case was linked to this, the names of her family all coming up. She suppressed the gasp, her senses overridden with her logical side as she typed  Joy's family name, in and just like she had suspected she was also linked to this. Their connection had seemingly gone back a lot more. Irene's eyes widened, she grabbed her phone calling an number.
"Yes this is irene Bae speaking...I need access to my fathers accounts all of them. Yes both of them, all of the documents that he had kept please send them to my office. Yes. I need both of them. Thank you." Irene hung up in the next moment, her eye brows tense, and head aching with the news she had just uncovered. She leaned back in her chair, her eyes watering against her will. She looked back down at her screen, just as footsteps rapidly approached her. "Irene?" Called a husky voice. Her eyes shot up, meeting his. He moved slightly trying to catch what she was looking at but she instantly shut her laptop screen, eyes wide as she looked up at him. "Hey.." he spoke carefully. "Can I take a seat?" Irene nodded, trying to muster up a smile as he sat opposite her, catching the way her eyes were watering. It caught him off guard. "Are you okay?" He asked. She looked up at him. "Oh yeah, the tea was too hot, it made my eyes water." She passed him a smile, and once again he was left astounded at the way she evaded the truth. "Are you sure?" She smiled. "Yes I'm sure." She turned slightly, placing her laptop back in her bag, his eyes following her movements. "Congratulations by the way." She smiled softly but remained quite. "You were amazing." She chuckled slightly. "Really?" He nodded enthusiastically and Irene could have sworn she heard her heart melt. "You're cute Wang." He looked at her with a smirk. "So does that mean I get a date now?" Irene looked at him searching his eyes. "This week Saturday."  His eyes widened as it dawned on him. She smiled watching as he did a fist pump causing her to laugh. Her laughter captivated him. And he couldn't help but stare. "One date." She said looking at him. He leaned back in his chair. "And what makes you think that you'll not want more after the first one?" She smirked at him shaking her head.
"For one I'm not that easily impressed. Nor am I that desperate." "Ouch." The two laughed before settling into silence, Irene's hands rubbing against the side of her mug. She looked up at him bravely. "I don't think I thanked you for the other day.  I had a lot on my plate and you came to the rescue. Thank you." He looked at her intently. "Are you accepting that I'm your hero." She laughed slightly looking towards him with her eyes bright and full of life. "Hero? I can't be saved." He looked at her eyes which tensed as he searched her. "Everyone can be saved irene." She shook her head in disagreement. "Not everyone. There's some people that are too far gone." He looked towards her. "No one is born hating Irene. Those who have hated must have learnt to hate and if anyone can learn to hate then anyone can learn to love." She looked at him. "Do you really believe that?" He looked at her. "Of course I do. It doesn't matter how far down you are on a path Irene you can always choose to turn back." "I think your underestimating that path in the first place. Sometimes Jackson even if a person wants to turn back, there are things that hold them back, promises to other people, a greater cause. Sometimes even if you want to turn back you can't, because if you were going to do that why go on the journey in the first place?" "That doesn't mean you have to continue down the path Irene, isn't there always two routes to a destination? One might take you there quicker but is it worth it in the long run? That's a question that an individual had to ask. How much of yourself are you willing to lose?" She looked up at him, comprehending his words, but she remained quite not commenting for a while. "It's not always that easy." She said, her voice firm, "and I'm sure if it was they wouldn't be on that path to begin with. Circumstances always play a bigger role in the overall picture Mr Wang." "True." He said, leaning forwards. "Are we back to last name basis." She looked up at him shaking her head slightly. She looked down at her watch whilst standing. " I best be on my way. I have something arranged for tonight. I'll see you this Saturday." She promised, passing him a smile. He nodded at her, shoving his hands into his pockets as he watched her pick up her belongings.
A photo slipped out, Jackson rushing to pick it up, Irene's eyes widening as she tried to beat him to it. He looked down at the picture, a young girl no older than 12 staring back at him. Irene snatched the picture out of his hands. "Who is she?" He knew he was risking a lot right now by prying, that all his work could go down the drain but the words had fallen of his lips before he could even stop them. Her frenzied movements had stopped, her eyes looking down at the picture. "One of my little sisters..." she said, and he could hear it in the tone of her voice, that something was connected to this little girl that resulted in Irene being the way she was. "One?" Irene smiled. "Yeah I have an adoptive sister." Jackson could see the sincerity behind her eyes as she spoke of her family and he was glad that she was tied to something. She broke out from her thoughts pocketing the picture as she looked back at him. "I should go. See you." He watched as she rushed out the door, his eyes following her. More questions simmering in his mind.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this one. Let me know what your thoughts are. Lots of love and stay safe x

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro