7| Brand MaNan

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: Hello, readers! I would first like to thank all of you for loving all my MaNan works, and it is only because of you that my other book, Hustle For Love, now has 50K readership!! When I noticed this, my jaw dropped like they show in cartoons! Secondly, in this very week I have completed 500 followers and that was only possible because you guys decided to stick by. I think thank you is a very small word, but it just about encapsulates all the feeling of overwhelm I felt, while reaching these two milestones, in my Wattpad journey this week! So, thank you, everyone!

Now coming to the story! So this is where it all really begins, readers! The showbiz glam, the lights, camera, action, glitter and the dark! Get ready to begin the filmy journey this book has promised you, and I hope you like MaNan's journey in this backdrop!

Happy Reading, now!

It had been three days now that Manik & Nandini were staying together in the penthouse. They both had tried their level best at avoiding each other & were even successful to a large extent. They never had their meals together. Nandini would take a look at Manik's schedule from Cabir & stay back inside her room, whenever he was home, but mostly Manik stayed out for his shoots anyway. Her only saving grace for now was, Manik was leaving for an outdoor shoot in three days for two weeks, she'd have two weeks of peace then. On the Soha front, they had reached a settlement that they wouldn't share Abhimanyu's recorded statement against Soha to the police, if she stayed away from harming Nandini & Abhimanyu, both. This was by far the best trade off according to Manik's PR, because digging dirt on each other publicly would make both parties lose brand value! Manik Malhotra was a legend in making, he didn't need bad publicity to stay in people's mind! Hopefully, things in the media would also improve by the time Manik returned & they could think of a way of sending her off to Mangalore in some time; maybe a few months, by making some crazy story on how Manik & Nandini tried a second time, but their relationship couldn't work out unfortunately.

Nandini sitting on her bed with her head resting on the headboard, tried calling Smaran one more time. She has been trying to talk to him for three days now, but Smaran was behaving rather strangely. He never seemed to have the time for a conversation with her, which seemed odd because only a few days back, he was almost manhandling Manik before the media to find out if she's fine. She had even tried to reach Navya, but she wouldn't take her calls. At least with Navya she understood that she must be believing the tabloids and was hurt thinking her best friend had decided to work out her relationship with Navya's favourite superstar, and hadn't confided in her.

A sudden knock on her bedroom door, brought her back to the present. She got up and opened her door, to find Manik standing there. She looked at him questioningly.

"My PR team is here, we need to plan our first public appearance as a couple. Please come out & meet them" he spoke curtly, before walking back to the study room & Nandini soon followed. She felt a little confused. They were doing the full thing again? Earlier, she used to love these public appearances, because those were the only times Manik gave her his full attention & affection, but now the same idea repelled her. She still loved him for sure; despite him being a monster. She couldn't help that. Why'd she agree to do everything without posing much problems if she didn't? Was it only to protect Abhimanyu? In the deepest chamber of her heart, she knew that's not the entire truth. Guilty as it made her feel, Nandini knew, somewhere deep down, she wanted to keep Manik out of trouble too. He may be a monster, but she loved him, right? How could she not do everything in her power to save him? The only difference now was, she was not willing to let Manik know her true feelings. She didn't want him to use her again; break her heart again. Now she had learnt her lesson, she didn't want to be around him and get hurt all the time. She was okay loving him from a distance.

"Hi Nandini, how are you? I'm Zubin, I handle Manik sir's PR for him" a man with a friendly smile greeted her, as she approached him, and came forward to hug her. Nandini smiled and hugged him lightly.

"Maám. She is Nandini maám." Manik added from beside them, clearly not amused with Nandini & Zubin's amicable behaviour.

"Of course!" Zubin replied quickly, not wanting to rile Manik up. Who didn't know about the famous Manik Malhotra tantrum?

"Nandini should be fine, Zubin!" Nandini reverted, trying to overrule Manik's command & both men looked at her. While Zubin looked awkward, Manik could only give her a cold, hard look.

To break the strange pause, Zubin immediately began to discuss the plan for their first public appearance. It was decided that they would go for a premiere of one of Alia Saxena's most anticipated high budget movies, that was to be released the following day starring opposite one of Manik's major contemporaries, Aryamann Khanna. Although Manik & Aryamann didn't get along too well, for obvious reasons, it was important for Manik to be present in this premiere to extend her support for Alia, who he had mentioned only a few days back, had parted ways on good terms & were going to be friends. The press would be there of course, covering the event, and Manik would come there as a true friend, for wishing Alia good luck; there would be some good publicity when people saw him behaving friendly with his contemporary Aryamann Khanna too, and of course there was the angle of Nandini. This would be their first appearance as a couple after the fiasco of a few days ago, and Manik could leverage all the lime light & attention towards him & his lady love, Nandini. This would thwart haters & people questioning Manik's character for good.

"Maám you just have to act very shy, and Manik sir, you have to make the press believe that you're the sweet boyfriend who is trying to make her feel comfortable. There should be a certain cuteness appeal in the way you behave with her in the premiere. It shouldn't be too intense, it shouldn't look frivolous either. You've got to live up to the boy next door image with her, okay?" Zubin briefed Manik & he nodded.

"We want the press and audience to feel like they are going to watch your lovestory right from the start! We will gradually move to intense love & finally heartbreak, completing the cycle. The audience will be satisfied, feeling like they witnessed an offscreen movie starring Manik Malhotra; it will keep you in mind of youngsters & and for another few years, you will be booked for youth oriented movies."directed, Zubin confidently.

"Ah, Zubin, at what pace are we going to play this MaNan story?" it was Cabir who asked this question & Nandini looked at him startled. When had he arrived?

"MaNan?" Manik asked, unsure.

"It's the marketing couple name you & Nandini maám will go with. Since you and maám were married, we expect higher curiosity about this brand, and it is expected to bring in higher return on investment

than brand MaLia" Zubin replied, looking at Manik before turning to Cabir.

"Cabir, we can't make it too fast paced, we need the audience to register & love them together before they want more from them & are willing to spend money on them. We can't encash them unless they have made a place in the hearts of people. So, you can say this whole thing might need a year or year and half to play out max. Of course, we will be boosting the brand with small marketing boosters, reels, instagram fan pages & public appearances, but it needs that much time to really grow" Zubin retorted professionally.

"One year?" Nandini responded, sounding shocked.

"Minimum" added Cabir, looking thoughtful.

"That shouldn't be a problem. As long as we can date other people under the wraps, right?" Manik asked, looking at Nandini. Nandini stared at Manik in bewilderment, seeing how he had no fucks to give, when it came to Nandini. He knew she loved him right? He knew, she was unwilling, yet was about to stay stuck with him to help out, right? Then why'd he need to rub this on her face & insult her before Zubin and Cabir? He might not love her, could he not even show some humanity?

"Er...I'm afraid it can get complicated. What if Soha's PR tries a sting operation on you? It's best if you both can be exclusive & monogamous at least for the next couple of months to begin with. I mean act to be." Zubin put forth his opinion.

"Will your lover boy be okay with that?" Manik asked with a smirk on his face, directing at Nandini. She scowled looking at him.

"Smaran isn't my lover boy, Manik." she replied, curtly, before adding, "Will Alia be able to keep her paws away from you, though?"

Manik looked stumped at her question, and Cabir's eyes turned round in shock at her new found confidence and tone. It looked like Manik was about to say something, but then he changed his mind before replying, "I will manage my part, but we don't want any more mishaps because you can't keep your Hebbar boy within his limits!" he snapped.

Sensing the tension in the room, Zubin brought back the conversation to how Manik & Nandini were to behave in the premiere & Cabir suggested they try a few mock rounds for Nandini's benefit, since she had been faraway from all these for sometime. All of them agreed & soon they began practising.

Word Count: 1,519

A/N : How was the chapter? Who all are excited for reading about their first public appearance? I can promise the real fun begins from here! As always, I'd love to know your thoughts on MaNan, their banter, their relationship dynamics & reactions.

I love inline comments and also the thoughtful after thoughts that you leave behind, so I am hoping you will leave some for me, this time around too? I literally wait for them all week :D

Lastly, thank you for all the votes, and a shoutout to all the silent readers, I know you guys are reading & enjoying, but maybe you could punch the vote icon too? It makes me really happy to see when readers go out of their way to appreciate my work, it means a lot to me. Can I expect a few of those too, this time?

Okay, next update will be on 13th Nov (Sunday)

Until then, stay safe, take care,

Much love,

Your writer,

A.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro