12- A Long Trail Ahead

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Katie waved goodbye to all the students as they filed out of the game field. Shiro walked up to her with a smile on his face. "Today was successful," he said and she nodded. They had a long day. 

"Well, we ought to go to our dorms, its getting late," she said pointing at the setting sun. Shiro nodded, but neither moved. "You know, I had the wrong idea about you at first..." Shiro cocked his head at her statement.

"What do you mean 'wrong idea'?" he asked, turning to Katie. She gave him a smile as she placed her hands behind her back.

"I thought you were a senseless jerk that got whatever he wanted. You know, one of those spoiled rich kids who has too many friends for their own good. I see that I was wrong. Just because you are popular in school, doesn't mean it's a movie and your the classic dick," Katie said, turning to him. Shiro laughed. "What?"

He started to talk between his laugh, "It's just... that I've never thought that you were the type to watch high school movies." Katie turned red.

"I can watch whatever I want! I thought Allura was Sharpay and you were the cousin! Okay! I only watched that!" she explained, hugging herself. Shiro gave a 'really' face and she scoffed. "Okay maybe I've seen one or two more, but that doesn't change a thing!"

"Sure it does," Shiro teased, earning a punch from Katie. He fell and she crossed her arms. "I'm joking, I'm joking! Forgive me?" Katie laughed a little and offered him a hand.

"I don't know... Maybe if you buy me food tomorrow," she said, smirking at him. He raised a brow, a smile on his face.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" he asked as she pulled him to his feet. Katie turned away and began to walk.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. See you!" was all she offered as she walked away. The cool air was turning her feet numb. Katie really needed to return to her dorm. Tomorrow was another meet and she needed sleep. They ended staying late practicing Three Trials.

Allura appeared, linking her arms with Katie's. "I saw and heard everything~," she purred, leaning into Katie. Katie laughed, shaking her head.

"You did? And?" Katie questioned, a brow raised as they walked towards the girls' dorm.

"I totally ship you and Shiro! That was so cute! You're way of asking him out on a date was so cute!" Allura cheered, stars in her eyes. Katie laughed, unlinking their arms and taking her hands.

"I guess so. Now I have to talk to my mother about something before returning to the dorm," Katie said. Allura nodded and ran off. Katie lied. She actually didn't feel like lying to Allura about her and Shiro's relationship anymore. Had she really asked Shiro out?

She didn't think so, but that's what she went with. Making sure Allura was far ahead, Katie made her way back to the dorm.

That night Katie had awoke to the smell of smoke. She tore off the covers and looked at the fire blocking the door. She panicked. She couldn't use water magic because she was a witch. The only one she could use was nature. She scanned around for water, but their was none.

The only choices she truly had was to escape through the window or stay put and scream for help. Her broom was behind the fire and she was on the top floor. No one else shared the floor so no one would hear her.

The fire inched closer. She muffled her cry as she fell backward into the wall behind her. Who was in the room below her? Their roof should be burning. Maybe they could help. She beat on the floor a few times before yelling for help.

A few minutes past and no one responded or called from the other side of the door. Not that they could help now that she thought about it. The handle would be like a pool of lava, hot and melting. No one could save her. Katie pulled her sheets off and tried to smother it, but she had let it grow too big.

The cover caught fire and made the flame leap hire. The heat was getting to her as sweat beaded her skin. She could feel the tears threatening to overflow. She looked out the window to the ground below.

Seven stories. That's how tall the building was. There were many students going here despite its financial issue. Students don't pay because there are sponsors, causing the numbers to swell. Katie couldn't control wind because it was an element.

She couldn't transform herself into something that could fly because she'd need her wand to turn her back. Birds don't have good enough hands neither do bats. Dragons were too large to turn into in such a small room.

How had this happened? Katie watched a mouse scurry under the bed. Perfect! She grabbed it and waved her wand over it. "Parle, souris," she whispered, the smoke smothering her.

The mouse grew a voice. "I can speak your tongue!" the mouse squeaked. Katie nodded, coughing.

Her voice was tight as she told the mouse its job, "Go get someone to help. They can't come through the door." The mouse nodded and Katie put the wand over it's head once more. "Changer en oiseau."

The mouse changed into a gray feathered bird. Katie sent the morphed mouse into the sky, carrying her message for help with it. Katie returned to the growing fire wondering once more how it happened.

Katie looked around for something to try and stop it, but only found an half full glass of chocolate milk. Did milk burn? It probably could but Katie created a line around her with it to try to stop the fire from getting to her anyway. 

She stared at the window. Little mouse hurry up...  The fire leaped, catching her hair. She squeaked, trying to put it out.

Why did I do this ;-; Sorry, I'm very wicked. I couldn't help but make you feel things. Its my specialty... BTW! I have two more Shidge/Klance books Imma work on after I finish the ones I'm working on right now. I really like one of them!!

-ThatOneServant, the multi book-producing author, out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro