23-Relationships

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Keith shifted in discomfort and stared at Zarkon's purple tie. Katie could barely handle watching him nervously fidget underneath everyone's gaze, so she glanced at Lance to take action, but he too looked frightened. She sighed, realizing neither one of them were going to step up to save their relationship. It was time to take charge again.

"Well, that McClain is here, but you may be shocked by whom," Katie announced, gladly stepping back into the conversation. Maybe she could find a moment to get back on the topic of her own marriage.

"The only other McClain here is... The boy!?" Zarkon shouted, shocked at the discovery. Katie realized that she would have to do a little convincing in order to get this to work. "That's unacceptable! How will there be heirs!?" Katie grinned at his stupidity and simplicity.

"Have you not seen the gold thread of this relationship they have?? Imagine this: a family of revolutionaries!! The first married homosexual couple and the forging bonds of magic and humans!" She raised her voice in splendor, trying to show him the silver lining. "The Shiroganes would go down in history! Just imagine it, Zarkon!"

He seemed to be enticed by the idea as he stared into the distance with light in his eyes. He took a little bit to ponder. "Why, yes. I think that'll do nicely. If Keith is truly into the... boy, then let it be known that they would marry," he said, finally agreeing. Katie smiled in triumph. "I'll be taking it that you have agreed to marrying Shiro then. You did say both homosexual marriage and the connection of two ends."

Katie froze, realizing the meaning of those and her own words. She was to focused on giving Lance and Keith an opening, she forgot about her own. Assuming she was in control and had Zarkon trapped was wrong; it was the complete opposite. She was snared in his web.

She only let silence come from her as she turned and walked away, resuming her position in the group. Lisa mouthed a 'thank you' and relaxed on a chair. Katie nodded as if to say 'no problem' and turned to Shiro, "You heard the man. Looks like we have a wedding to get ready for."

Shiro looked solemnly down at her. He placed a hand on her shoulder and lead her through the crowd. They left the room and entered the hall, where the only sign of life was the stream of servants doing their best to keep the guests happy. 

He stopped a little ways away from the door and addressed her in a saddened voice, "I'm sorry you have to go through this. I am sure you had planned out the way you wanted to get married and to whom. Now thanks to my selfish request, you're stuck with me as a life partner. Do not fret, though, I will tell Zarkon and stop this charade."

Katie felt her stomach churn and her heart squeeze. She had gotten use to the "relationship" she had with him. All the fangirls and fanboys they had always looking their way, the closeness they had, and the way others saw her now. Most of all, the thought of being in a relationship with him. This little "charade" gave her something she'd never experienced. 

"I think your right," she found herself saying, "We need to cease this charade... and start the real thing." Katie was surprised at her own words. She technically just asked him out. Shiro was just as shocked as she was, his face all red.

"Wait, does that mean-," he began then stopped. Katie frantically tried to fix the situation, but they were both broken at her words. 

"I mean- you know what? Imma just head back into the ball!" she murmured and dashed for the ballroom's door. She heard Shiro shift behind her and she was suddenly jerked to a halt. His hand was firmly wrapped around her thin arm, stopping any movement she'd make to escape.

"Wait, please. Can we go talk on the terrace?" he asked. Katie remembered the plan she gave Allura to get closer to Matt. They couldn't go there no matter what. She didn't know what time it was.

"We can chat over a dance," she insisted as Shiro let go. He seemed to have agreed and held out an arm. Katie awkwardly took it and let him lead her back to the ballroom. Inside, a song had just started up again and the conductor flipped his pages to keep up with the players. 

Shiro intertwined her hand with his and placed his other on her waist just as the music hit a high note. She quickly placed her free hand on his shoulder as he began to lead her into a dance she's never done. Luckily, all she had to do was follow Shiro's lead.

They said nothing for the longest time. It was she who spoke first. "About before, I... It's just... I don't know what to say actually," she whispered as he pulled her closer so a couple could dance past. 

"Was what you said in the hallway true, in the way I think it is?" he asked, head slightly above hers. She could hear her heart beating in her chest. What should she say?

"Depends? Do you think that I'm actually interested in having a proper romantic relationship with you? If so... then yes," she replied, nerves building up. Confessing was not easy, but it was too late to back out. She will just have to own up to her feelings and not be ashamed. 

As they twirled, she spotted Allura and Matt heading for the terrace. Good thing she had offered to come here instead. "Well, does that mean that we are no longer faking?" he shyly questioned, tightening his grip on her hand. She simply nodded and fell silent.

The song ended just as quickly as it started and the two stepped away from each other with a bow. They returned to their seats with their friends. Neither one spoke or looked at each other. Walking next to each other in comfortable silence was enough.

Sorry for not updating in forever, I just lost interest for a bit as I read some book and watched anime. (And played Doki Doki Literature club and started a Literature Club in my school) I'm glad to be back and I hope I wasn't gone long enough to loose all my readers ):

-ThatOneServant, the very sorry author, is back!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro