5- Get That Rock!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Katie looked at the window as the sun officially set. Shiro should be entering Lotor's room at that very moment to snatch that rock. She nervously fiddled with her wand. She played the scene when he'll fly back through the window, rock in hand, over and over in her head. 

She hated the guy, but unlike Lotor, she didn't wish for the people she despised to die or get in trouble. She watched a white cherry blossom petal flutter in through the window. She held her breath as it fell onto the witchcraft book on the floor.

She sighed and looked out of the open window and peered at the scene above. A vast black sky with stars spotted across it and a full moon hanging in the dark sky with all its lustrous glory. Katie smiled at the sight. She loved it. The view calmed her nerves a little as her mother walked in.

"What are you doing gazing into the night sky like a girl in love? I know that isn't the case, but I'm describing what I'm seeing the best I can," her mother said, cocking her head in curiosity. Katie laughed and turned to her mother.

The office they stood in was small and clustered so her mother wasn't that far from her. Katie hadn't realized the tininess of the room until then. Maybe that's why she and Shiro had sat so close to each other.

"I'm waiting for my gateway to freedom to arrive. Shiro went off to receive the first part in getting rid of Lotor," Katie explained, stepping down from the crates she stood on. (Like she was actually able to reach out the window at her normal height, ha!)

Her mother gave her a raised brow and shoved the materials in her hands on the desk. Scrolls, parchments, and dust-covered books hit the creaky wood and caused a mini dust storm. Her mother coughed and waved a hand to shoo the dust from her face.

Katie sat on the ground and pulled her spell book closer. The white blossom was swept up and carried by the small breeze she created by sliding the book. It fell on her shoe and she poked it. She never paid close attention to nature before, but now she found herself tracing the little veins on the petal.

"Strange behavior," her mother sang as she opened one of the books and sat in her office chair. Katie didn't respond and plucked the petal up. She allowed it to sit in her hand for a moment while she examined it. When she was finished, she pulled her locket out from behind her uniform's collar. The chain pull slightly on her neck.

She flipped it open to reveal photos of her father and brother on either side. She placed the petal in the heart-shaped case and closed it. Her eyes wondered back down to her book. The spell was undoable unless she reverted it. Katie surely hoped Shiro would make it back soon. Her worried feeling was starting to escalate. 

Just as the worst came to mind, the sound of wings flapping erupted the silence. A rock fell on the book and she looked up to see a bat with a bulge of dark hair on its head. "Look who finally decided to return," she called as he landed in front of her.

She waved her wand and chanted to reverse the spell. Shiro turned into a cloud of smoke. When it disappeared, he had returned to his regular form. She smiled and picked up the rock. "Not much, is it?" she mumbled as she walked over to the book shelf shoved in the corner.

Katie pushed a book aside and grabbed some chalk that waited her behind it. She turned to Shiro with both in her hands. He gave her a confused, scrunched up face. She ignored him and went on to drawing a magic circle. She placed the rock in the middle and smiled at Shiro again.

"This is going to be weird for a second, but bear with me," she said and grabbed one of his hands. She faltered for a second as the warmth of his hand melted into her own. They sat. She continued on, holding her wand over the circle with her free hand. "Now repeat after me. Je demande la magie pour créer un œil qui voit tout. Montre-moi le propiétaire de cette possession!"

Shiro tried his best to repeat what she said, the accent a little rough, but managed with a few incorrectly said words. The circle alit and lit the small office. When the blinding light vanished, a vertical circle had appeared, mist showing an image. 

Inside of it was a sleeping Lotor. Katie grinned and laughed. They had actually done it. "Now let's go through his memories," Katie said, dropping Shiro's hand like a hot stone. She stood to be eye level with the portal. She walked to it until her face was only an inch away. She leaned in and whispered, "nous exigeons le passé."

The image zoomed in on  Lotor's head as if entering it and a new image came in. Lotor surrounded by his followers. Katie reached for Shiro's arm and pulled him in the warp with her. They memory filled their surroundings and she heard what was being said.

"I can't believe she, yet again, managed to make a fool of you!" Zethrid hissed. Lotor nodded. "It took me an hour to get you down from that stupid vine. Magic is so overrated."

Lotor nodded. "We need to stop her. I need someone to spy on her for information, first," he cooed and the girl with the long ponytail raised her hand.

"I'll do it," she said. Lotor nodded.

"Alright, Ezor said she'll do it. It's probably best that you do it anyway. You have your special ability," he sneered and leaned back on the bench. "I have a plan, but all I need is you to follow her and inform me when she's arrived at her dorm." Ezor nodded, her colorful ponytail flying in a swaying motion. "Now, here's the plan."

Katie's face drained of all colors, as did the followers, as Lotor explained his plan. Shiro winced beside her at every sharp turn to his words. Shiro wasn't lying: Lotor wanted her dead. Sliced up, no eyeballs, in a field dead. She swallowed. They had their evidence.

Ahhhh. Band is hard when your learning new stuff. BUT I SHALL PREVAIL!! I shall not be a quitter. Well I hope you guys liked this chapter! Lolol I just finished that XD (I wrote this yesterday.)

-ThatOneServant out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro