9: Confess

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Authors note:

Whaddup you guys! Finally an update for you and more are coming! Just wanted to thank you for the massive support on this story. You guys, your comments made me laugh so much, you are all so amazing! Thank you! But for now, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! or it's characters!

Explanation:
(y/n) = your name
(l/n) = your last name
(f/n) = friends name
(e/c) = eye color
(h/c) = hair color

CHAPTER NINE - CONFESS

It was on that day, that it seemed like the only thing that mattered was that moment. You, here, his arms around you. The way he breathed in his sleep, the warmth of his breath against your head, how he automatically pushed his forehead against your temple. How peaceful he looked with his eyes closed. You thought about how much you loved Atem on this moment.

You watched him as his eyes slowly opened, how the corners of his mouth curled up in a bright smile. He wrapped his arms around you, kissed your cheek.

"Good morning, habiba..." he whispered in your ear.

"Good morning, my beloved pharaoh," you said back to him.

"Who would have thought that waking up to you would be this magical," he said. "I mean, I have imagined things, but this..."

He made you smile. He made you happy. You felt like you two were the only things that existed in the whole wide world. Nothing and nobody else mattered anymore.

"I have to say that waking up next to the man of my dreams is also way beyond my imagination," you smiled.

He laughed. "I love you, do you know that?"

"You could have mentioned something like that before, if I can remember correctly..." you said with a puzzled face, while stroking your chin with your index finger and your thumb.

"Well, then I will say it again — I love you, (y/n)."

You put your index finger on his chin and turned his head so, that it faced yours. "I love you too, Atem."

The kiss that came after that sentence was long and passionate. Not just your lips and tongue felt like they were on fire, but your whole body tingled. You felt his warm body against yours, in contrast to the cold, crisp sheets that were comforting your legs. You felt his arms, his chest, his hairs stroking the sides of your face so now and then.

Dreaming, you had to be. It was the only explanation.

Dreaming.

•••

Olympia was nowhere to be found. Not that you cared much, to be honest. But only the Gods might know what she was probably up to after she had that conversation with Atem. You couldn't tell if Atem was nervous or worried or anything. Right now he just seemed... happy.

You held his hand while the two of you walked down the stairs.

"I'm going to tell whole Egypt that I'm in love with you," Atem said.

For a second, you froze. This was really happening. He wanted everyone to know that you were in love with each other.

"And if you're alright with it, I'm going to start by telling your parents today," he said. He squeezed your hand. He looked at you.

You stared at him. "Of course I am... I'm so lucky to have you..."

He smirked. "If only you knew how lucky I am..."

The stairs changed into the beautiful stone floor of the corridor that led to the dining room.
"Good morning, my love!" you heard your father say to you from across the dining room as you and Atem entered for breakfast. He walked up to you, enthusiastically.

Your father bowed in front of Atem when he realized the two of you were walking next to each other. "Good morning, my pharaoh!" he said. "I hope you had a decent sleep."

"I've never slept any better in my whole life, so to say," Atem said, grinning.

"I'm blessed to hear so," your father said. "The breakfast is all ready for you! Please, follow me."

You could tell your father was confused. You knew he wanted to tell you to not come that close to Atem, for all he was engaged. But you knew that he wouldn't be comfortable saying that in company of the pharaoh, because it might hurt his feelings. You would decide to talk to him later.

"Will your wife be joining us, Mr (l/n)?" Atem asked.

"If that is alright with you, pharaoh," your father said.

"Oh, please, I insist," he said.

"Very well," your father said, and dissapeared, probably to find your mother.

"So, are you alright?" Atem whispered to you. He stood behind you, his hands massaging your shoulders.

"I'm a bit nervous, to be honest. I've never had to tell my parents something like this," you said.

"Me neither," Atem said. "I hope I'm not too bad at confessing my love for someone's daughter."

You laughed.

Your father walked back in with your mother accompanying him. Your mother bowed for the pharaoh. "Good morning, my pharaoh," she said.

"Good morning, Mrs (l/n). I'm happy you could join us," Atem said.

"Entirely of the same," she said.

"Please, have a seat," your father said.

While everybody was sitting down, you could feel your palms getting a little sweaty.

"I don't mean to be rude, my pharaoh, but isn't your fiancée accompanying us this morning?" your father asked.

"Yes, I wanted to talk about that with you. The both of you, actually," Atem said.

In the meantime, the servants were filling up the glasses and serving the breakfast.

"But of course, my pharaoh. I'm all ear!" your father said.

"I will just start from the beginning..." Atem said. "Olympia and I were chosen to be with each oher by our parents. The marriage has been arranged so that the alliance with Hellas would be improved. But I think the both of you can affirm, as happy as you look together — that true love only comes along when you can be with the woman of your ultimate dreams. The truth is, I am not in love with Olympia. In fact, I don't even like her. I want to be with the woman I am in love with. And all this... I told her last night. Naturally, she didn't take it very well. I think that is why she isn't here with us right now."

"Oh, my pharaoh..." your mother said. "If you don't love this woman, you have been very brave to tell her. You should follow your heart. You should be with your true love."

"I'm planning on," Atem said, looking at you.

By the way his eyes sparkled when he looked at you, the eyes of your parents grew big. You looked at the both of them, blushing a little.

"It's... It's you, isn't it...?" your father stammered. "You're in love with him?"

"Yes, I am, father. I really am. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," you said.

"And you're in love with my daughter...?" your father asked Atem.

"I've never loved anything more than I love your daughter, Mr (l/n)," was his answer.

He was speechless. You couldn't tell by the look on his face if he was approving of it or not. You felt breathless for a moment.

"What can I say..." your father said. "I'm beyond happy for you."

You felt so relieved. "Really?"

"Of course I am! Finding your true love... There's nothing more beautiful," he said.

A few tears rolled over your mothers cheeks. "Oh, baby... I'm so happy... I know he is going to treat you very well! Come here!"

Your mother spread her arms, asking for a hug in her way. You walked up to her, and gave her a tight hug. Your mother waved at your father and the pharaoh, gesturing them to come over as well. And before you knew it, the four of you were all caught up in a warm, happy hug.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro