Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Every year our band takes a big trip to Savannah, Georgia, for their St. Patrick's Day parade. This year, we were doing that (2 mile) parade AND 2 other parades in St. Augustine, Florida, and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

I saw these wacky green fake eyelashes at dollar tree and asked my coach if we could wear them for the big Savannah parade and she said to send a picture. We finally got to buying them yesterday. My mom sent a picture to her and she liked them. We bought as many as they had at that store (4) but we needed 6 more for everyone else.

I had to ask the guard chat to try to find 6 more, but I first had to explain what was happening (at the moment, only 2 people knew we were doing the green eyelashes). Just as I was typing the message, my mom stopped me because she got a text from the coach saying to check the latest email about the parade. Apparently the Savannah parade was cancelled due to the corona virus, but the other 2 parades were still happening. I was a little bummed since we bought the eyelashes for nothing, but I still wanted to wear them on Tuesday (St. Patrick's Day, when the parade was supposed to take place).

During band class (which I'm not in) they had some discussion about the trip. Apparently the principal came in to the band room and said that the WHOLE trip was cancelled. Someone told me in French class and I was so upset for the rest of the day. I was so hyped for the trip, and the anticipation was the only thing getting me through this week. (This week was stressful because it's the last week in the grading quarter, and the teachers love to cram in their last assignments.) I didn't even care if the trip cut into our spring break. Now there's no trip at all. Not to mention the trip was $500 (supposedly we'll be getting refunds but I'll believe it when it happens)

Also as I think about the situation more, if our whole trip got cancelled, then the winter guard championships might get cancelled too. Which also sucks, plus I wouldn't get to say that we would have a "champion time" (please someone understand that reference)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro