-19 || mingyu-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Here's your food," Mingyu said, setting the lemonade and jiapaguri on the table in between a couple. The female was staring while the male glared. 

"Thanks," the girl gushed. 

Mingyu bowed his head. "Of course." He turned to walk away but stopped when she started talking again. 

"Hey, by the way"--her voice lowered--"I know you're that one guy from the video. How are things going with Wonwoo?" The guy sitting across from her let out a breath. He must have realized that his girlfriend had no intention of leaving him for Mingyu. 

"Ah . . ." Mingyu didn't know what he should say. He knew Wonwoo wouldn't want him disclosing the details of their relationship, but he didn't want to be rude to the customer. "We're friends" is what he settled with. "Enjoy your food." 

Back in the kitchen, Mingyu had started a new pot of rice noodles when Chan walked in from the back room. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he said. "I lost track of time at the library." 

"It's fine. Today hasn't been too busy," Mingyu hummed. 

It had actually been extremely busy but he wasn't going to complain. He'd been in a good mood all day. It wasn't that long ago that Wonwoo actually kissed him. That took a while to wrap his head around. Wonwoo kissed him. Damn.

"I assume yesterday went well?" Chan smirked. 

Mingyu cleared his throat. "Maybe. Anyway, now that you're here, you should do something useful." 

Chan got to work immediately. "Aren't you going to tell me what happened?"

"We went to an amusement park, and rode a ferris wheel. That actually went a lot better that I had anticipated. All in all, spending the day with him was probably the best birthday gift i could get," Mingyu rambled. 

Chan watched him clearly amused. He answered to people's orders and delivered food all while talking with Mingyu. "He kissed you, didn't he?" 

Mingyu froze mid his noodle mixing. "I don't know what you're talking about." Was he really being that obvious? Yeah, he was happy, but how the hell did Chan figure it out by through his attitude? 

"That just clarifies it, thanks." Chan gave a cocky grin. 

Mingyu attempted to come up with a valid retort. Chan was like an annoying little brother who was too smart for his own good. "Who loses track of time at the library?" he said finally. 

"To answer your question, I was studying for the finals. I also discovered that your boyfriend works there," Chan said casually as if Mingyu wouldn't care. 

"Wait,  what?" 

Chan wiggled his eyebrows. "Maybe you can go visit him at work when you get off." 

"I'm not going to do that," Mingyu said. Not only would Wonwoo possibly hurt him for doing such a thing, but Mingyu had yet to even hear from Wonwoo. The older male probably regretted what he did last night, so the only thing Mingyu could do was give him time. Plus, they'd see each other later, along with Jeonghan and Jisoo, for the photoshoot. 

"It's a shame. He seemed to be in a good mood too. That kiss must have scrambled something in his brain," Chan mentioned. 

"I don't believe you," Mingyu answered. "I'm, like, 97% sure that wouldn't be the case " 

"Would I give you false hope?" 

"No, I believe that he's in a good mood, I just don't believe that it's caused by the kiss." It hurt to say such a thing, but it was the truth. 

"Hey, speak of the devil," Chan said. 

Mingyu's head shot up. There was Jisoo and Wonwoo walking in through the door, backpacks hanging from their shoulders. Jisoo caught his eye and the corner of his mouth lifted slightly. "Two servings of tteokbokki," Jisoo called out. 

"Got it," Mingyu called back, going back to work. From the corner of his eye, Mingyu saw Wonwoo looking over towards the sound of his voice. He didn't look long enough to get a reaction, but the fact that Wonwoo looked over was better than nothing. It meant that he was starting to mean something to the elder. 

He kept glancing over at where the two males sat. It looked like they were going over things in their notebooks and taking notes. Mingyu assumed it was for the project. He didn't feel the least bit upset about the fact that he wouldn't be working with Wonwoo after the kiss from the night before. 

"Stop smiling like an idiot. I don't think it's doing you any favors. What I do think is you've turned those noodles to mush by now," Chan said. He'd started his own pan of rice noodles, and already had it cooked to perfection. "Here, I'll let you go serve them." He scooped out noodles onto a dish and handed it to Mingyu. 

Mingyu sighed and took the bowl from the younger male. He slowly made his way over to the table. Wonwoo glimpsed at him with a look of confusion as Mingyu walked over. Mingyu rose an eyebrow at him, and Wonwoo just shook his head. 

"Thanks," Jisoo said as he set the bowl on the table. "By the way, when do you guys get off of work?"

"I'm off in a few minutes. Chan just got here, like, an hour ago," Mingyu replied. 

"Great. We're meeting Jeonghan near the bridge. Make sure you go home and change into something attractive."

Mingyu almost laughed. "Aren't I attractive enough?"

"No," Jisoo said immediately. 

This time the turquoise-haired male did laugh. "Alright fine. What would count as attractive?"

"Crop tops are attractive," Chan yelled from the counter. 

"I am not wearing a crop top," Mingyu called back. He turned back to the other two waiting for an answer. 

"Wear the blue sweater from yesterday," Wonwoo said indifferently. 

He had suddenly gained both of the other male's attention. They were both clearly surprised that Wonwoo had said anything at all. They glanced at each other and Jisoo's eyes widened with surprise but he also very clearly pleased. 

The dark-haired male looked up and made eye contact with Mingyu. "I think black jeans would look good with it, too," Wonwoo added. He took in Jisoo and Mingyu's gazes and shrugged. "What? The more attractive he looks, the less likely we're going to fail."

"Blue sweater and black jeans, got it," Mingyu said, almost dazed. "Anything else?"

"I like it when you're hair is in messy waves," Wonwoo said. Mingyu almost choked on air. Did Wonwoo know what he was doing to the poor male right now? Was he messing with him? "I also heard a lot of people at school say the same thing."

"Yes sir," Mingyu said trying to hide his grin. "I'll see you guys later then." He waved and walked away from the table. He blew out a breath. Today was turning out to be a good day.  

"So, the kiss was a good thing?" Chan asked smirking at him in a knowing manner. 

Mingyu pursed his lips before answering, "Yeah, I think the kiss was a good thing."

--------------------

a/n: idk what it is with guys and messy hair, but like, it's just so attractive :')

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro