-40 || mingyu-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mingyu didn't want to rush Wonwoo. He wanted to let him go at his own pace. He didn't want Wonwoo to feel like he had to do what he was about to do.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked for the fifth time as they walked up to his giant house.

Wonwoo gave him a tired look. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, but this . . . This basically sets us in stone. Do you . . . Well, do you want that?" It was a hard question to ask. They were dating, sure, but it's only been a few weeks. Was Wonwoo ready to make that a full commitment?

His question was answered when Wonwoo grabbed him by the tie and kissed him. "Yes, I want that." He murmured against his lips.

Yep. One of these days, Mingyu might literally pass out and melt. He would never get sick of this.

"Come on. I want to get his over with," Wonwoo said, walking up the walkway.

Inside, they made their way to the dining area. Jisoo sat in one of the seats, looking bored while doing something on his phone. His mom sat beside him and Chairman Kim was at the head of the table next to her. None of them have noticed Mingyu or Wonwoo yet..

Mingyu looked at Wonwoo. "Ready?"

Wonwoo glanced over an whispered, "I thought stuff like this only happened in movies."

Mingyu had to stifle a laugh as they took their seats.

"Glad you could make it," Chairman Kim greeted them happily. Mingyu stared. It was rare to see his dad in a good mood. He was always so reserved and didn't show much emotion at all. The man stood up and offered his hand out to Wonwoo.

Wonwoo attempted a smile as he also stood and took Chairman Kim's hand. Mingyu could tell he was getting more nervous by the second. It was written all over his face. Wonwoo didn't feel like he belonged. Mingyu hoped this went well.

"So, Wonwoo, I heard you go to the same school as Mingyu. It is unfortunate that you two met the way you did"--he shot Mingyu a pointed look--"but I'm glad you two have still made it this far."

Mingyu mentally hid his face in his hands. This might go well for Wonwoo, maybe not so much for him.

"Um, yeah. Definitely was not the ideal to find a soulmate," Wonwoo agreed.

Jisoo shifted in his seat. He leaned over. "I'm sorry, I can't do this," he told her quickly and quietly before excusing himself and leaving. Mingyu and Mrs. Kim seemed to be the only two who heard.

The conversation continued. Most of it was his father subtly jabbing Mingyu with his words. All in all, things were going well. Wonwoo seemed more comfortable and Chairman Kim seemed to like him, which both relieved Mingyu.

"So you live with you mom?" the man asked.

Wonwoo's relaxed demeanor was beginning to vanish. "Yes, that's right."

"Is your dad out of the picture then?"

"Yessir. He left a few years ago."

"May I ask why?"

"Dad," Mingyu warned.

Wonwoo was playing with the end of his tie. "If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about him right now."

Chairman Kim leaned back. "That's alright. I lost my wife a few years back as well. But then I met this woman."

Mingyu had to turn away when his father reached for Mrs. Kim's hand. Nothing against her, he's just never been able to accept their marriage. He wasn't sure he could ever accept it. The only actual good thing that came out of it was Jisoo.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Wonwoo said uneasily.

"I miss her everyday," the chairman said. Mingyu had never seen his dad like this. His father never talks about his mother like this. It was almost hard to hear and watch.

"I know she'd want us to be happy," the man continued. He cleared his throat and sat up straighter. "Anyways, I guess it's time to ask the question that's been nawing at me all evening. Are you really interested in my son or do you just want the money?"

Mingyu pursed his lips. Straightforward, much? He looked to his soulmate.

Wonwoo didn't seem the least bit offended by the question. Without hesitation, he said, "I don't want any of the money. I'm here for your son. He's the love of my life, not your bank account."

It took all of Mingyu's will not to pull Wonwoo to him right then and there. "Love of my life"--Wonwoo actually said that. There was no stopping the huge idiotic grin lifting the corners of Mingyu's mouth.

Chairman Kim seemed satisfied with the answer because a similar, less idiotic smile appeared. "You're one of a kind, Wonwoo," he said.

"Thank you, sir. I try to be."

The older man chuckled a little. He turned to his son. "I like him. He seems like a fitting match for you. Don't lose that."

"I never will," Mingyu assured.

"You better not," Wonwoo mumbled in earshot of Mingyu only.

🌈

Mingyu watched Wonwoo drive away. At this rate, he might literally die of a heart attack with how fast it seems to be going lately.

He headed back inside and went straight for Jisoo's room. He tossed his tie into his own room on his way over.

He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. When Jisoo yelled "Come in", Mingyu let himself inside and sat at the desk.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Jisoo was laying on his stomach on the bed. He turned his head to face Mingyu.

"I'm fine," he answered. "You look happy."

"You could say that." Mingyu leaned against the desk and really took a look a Jisoo. Ever since Jeonghan started bugging him, he'd seemed drained and depressed. Mingyu knows him enough to see it. "Do you want me to talk to Jeonghan?" he asked.

Jisoo turned onto his back so now he was facing the ceiling. "No," he said. "I've decided I'm going to give him what he wants."

"You're actually going to kiss him?" This was news.

"Yeah, I should've done it from the beginning. If I had, the hard part would already be over. He would've already moved on. But now . . ."

Okay . . . Now, Mingyu was confused. "'But now' what?"

Jisoo sat up and wiped at his face. "But now, I'm just going to break his heart."

--------------------

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro