15: Brunch Date

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After the dinner last night I slept in late on Sunday and only woke up for a minute when mom came to my room to say goodbye before she left to catch her flight to New York. When I'm finally dressed for the day, it is nearly noon. I decide to bypass breakfast and message Adam.

Brunch date?

He replies a moment later, Pick you up in fifteen minutes?

I'm waiting. I message back and then slip on my shoes before heading out of my room to find dad.

I find Sebastian in the kitchen, his laptop on the counter top and papers spread all over.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I can't get this math question right." He groans, racking his hands through his hair.

"Let me see." I say and pick up the notebook that is in front of him.

I quickly recheck his calculations on the calculator Seb is using but his answer turns out right.

"Show me the question." I say and he turns the laptop towards me.

The minute I read the problem sum, I look at Sebastian and roll my eyes.

"You wrote 40 instead of 14." I point out the silly mistake.

"I've spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what was wrong!" He screams, tugging on his hair and I laugh at his frustration.

"Can you two please keep the noise down, I have an important conference call to make." Dad says, appearing in the doorway.

I turn away from Sebastian to look at dad, "I was actually just coming to look for you. Is it okay if I go out for brunch with Adam? He's on his way to pick me up."

"Sure. Are you done with school work?" He asks.

I nod, "Yup. Finished it all on Friday."

"Good. Sebastian any plans?" Dad asks him, thumping his back.

Seb shakes his head, "I have a date with my math problem sums."

Dad and I laugh as he heads upstairs to the study room and I hear the doorbell chime. A minute later Adam walks into the kitchen.

"Hey Hazel! Hi Seb!" He says when he sees us.

"Hi." Seb says back already lost in the next math problem.

"Ready to go?" Adam asks.

"Yes." I say and we leave the house together.

The drive to the deli nearby is barely ten minutes so we catch each other up on our weekends. Adam finally got time to sit down and talk to his friends in New York and then he had a family dinner last night. I tell him about the dinner at my house last night but leave out the parts that Ben and I discussed since Ben forbade Seb and me from telling anyone the soccer team outcomes until the coach officially revealed them on Monday, which is tomorrow.

The deli is packed with people having brunch and after a ten minute wait, we finally get a table. The deli we're at serves a variety of cuisines so from the laminated menu that I was handed, I order a turkey and pickle sandwich with a side of fries and Adam gets a Turkish wrap.

Just as our waiter walks away, we're joined by two more people.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask as Ben and Liam sit down at the two empty seats at our table of four.

"Ash has a cold so he asked us to pick up soup for him on our way to his house." Liam replies.

"And what exactly are you planning on doing there? I mean, he's ill, shouldn't he be resting?" I point out.

"He will be resting." Liam states and to that Ben adds, "We don't want his mother's amazing Indian curry and rice to go to waste."

I laugh at their plan but in all honesty, Aakesh's mother is a fabulous cook. We go over to his house from time to time to get a taste of authentic Indian cuisine.

"Did you order a soup to go?" A waiter asks arriving with a packed paper bag.

"Yes, thank you." Ben says, taking the bag from him. Then he and Liam say goodbye and leave.

A few minutes later our food arrives and we tuck in. My sandwich is juicy and full of flavors. I've devoured half of my sandwich when Adam suddenly changes topics.

"Hazel?"

"Hmm?" I ask, chewing on a French fry.

"Homecoming is in two weeks and I was wondering if you'd go as my date?" Adam asks.

My heart is bursting with adoration as I say, "I wouldn't dream of going with anyone else."

I understand that some people don't like pickles but I do so please DON'T ATTACK ME :)

-T

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro